Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Report: Rasheed Wallace considers Celtics return?

I haven't seen this posted. If so, mods please lock this thread.

Rasheed Wallace is reportedly considering a return to the Boston Celtics. Posted by Ben Golliver

Last summer, former NBA All-Star power forward Rasheed Wallace called it quits, walking away from more than $12 million to retire after 15 seasons, following the Boston Celtics' loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2010 NBA Finals.

Stephen A. Smith told the Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday, however, that Wallace may be plotting a comeback with his former team.

Smith said that the Celtics counter the Heat's athleticism with "brute size" and Rasheed Wallace will come out of retirement to come back to the Celtics.

Smith said Wallace told him that's the plan, because he wants another shot at the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

LINK:

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26995470

I guess there is nothing to see here. According to the following update, this is not going to happen.

Update (7:13 PM): In less than a few hours, it appears that we have our answer. NBA Fanhouse reports that Wallace's agent, Bill Strickland, said Tuesday a return to the Celtics is not imminent for Wallace. ""I don't think that's the case -- for now anyway," Strickland told FanHouse. "He has a period of time to where he may be thinking about it, but he has not given me any indication of his intent to return. ... He's still saying that for now he's good, that he's OK where he is." CSNNE.com also quoted Celtics coach Doc Rivers saying that "there has been no discussion" about a Wallace return.