Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Gortat on Phoenix's Defense

Be careful what you wish for because you might get it. Marcin Gortat had wanted out of Orlando for the last couple of years because he wasn't getting enough time behind Dwight Howard. Gortat is now a member of the Suns, after a six-player trade with Orlando on Dec. 18, and he called out the team after they lost 123-110 to the 76ers on Wednesday.

"It's just a little bit frustrating when you come in the locker room and people are talking about the offense," Gortat told FanHouse. "That's not the way you're going to win NBA games. I don't know if it's just me, or maybe I'm just different, but I came from a team where everybody's competing and trying to do the stuff that coach is saying. We're just totally changing our rotations, changing our stuff that we set before the game. We're not playing hard enough and I've just got to tell you, there's a lot, a lot of work in front of us."

"It's just frustrating, frustrating as hell," he added. "I'm not going to lie."

................................................. TO BE CONTINUED ................................... ;)

ESPN Rumors

Im sure Gortat knows that this team hasnt played defense in....... umm...... 6, 7 yrs?...... So its definitely not an overnight process. It sounds like he misses the Magic a little (dont worry.. we miss Polish Hammer as well).

This does speak volumes about what our team does, that we often take for granted. Our defense is getting better which will lead to better wins, meaning that now our shot to the finals looks better than before. Thats primarily why SVG harps on the guys to play defense at all times and not to give up easy baskets.

I posted this in the other thread I moved to around the NBA but I don't take it as him regretting the move, I take it as he is trying to be a defensive leader for his new team. I would imagine that Stan is proud of him. Leave it up to ESPN to try and put a dramatic spin on it.

I posted this in the other thread I moved to around the NBA but I don't take it as him regretting the move, I take it as he is trying to be a defensive leader for his new team. I would imagine that Stan is proud of him. Leave it up to ESPN to try and put a dramatic spin on it.

Since this is already up... Can we lock this please.

Which I think it's fantastic coming from a center. In such an offensively guided league it's great to see guys that take pride in defensive effort.