Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Dwight Howard had previously been warned about time at free throw line

Karl Malone took like 15 seconds to shoot a free throw... Opposing crowds counted out loud a few times.

They were counting it out here in ATL too. I knew about the rule but I don't think it's new at all.

The remarks about continuing to do it I don't get because the refs could take that personal. Almost sounds like Lebron and his crab dribble comments.

I take it backwards. If he was a 90% ft shooter I could see how he could have a problem with his routine being broken. But he is a bad ft shooter so I don't see what's the big deal for him. The problem with this call is not that it's the wrong one but that it's not enforced properly. Like traveling, lots of perimeter players travel both when attacking the basket and doing spin moves. However, the call is made so rarely that when it does happen they feel cheated. So the solution is calling it every time. While for quicker moves, like the spin move, It may be difficult getting it right, the 10 second rule is far more easy to enforce.

What some don't get is that Howard was warned several times from the League Office that he would be timed if he continued. As a team leader he is setting a poor example by saying he doesn't care what the league office says.

As for the tech he should have known he was going to get called for a delay of game tech for the considering everything.

Then telling the world he is going to keep on doing it his way sounds more like an immature child then the team leader of an NBA team.

Howard your current routine is not working as we can all see. So I don't see why speeding it up would hurt you.

As for Malone that rule was not in place when he was playing, but it should be called the Malone rule because it was put in place because of all the time he took.

Howard just needs to grow up and shut up and play the game. At this rate he will be maxed out on T's before the All Star game.

My routine: three quick dribbles and then I spin the ball into my hands. It takes like 5 seconds -- it prepares me to shoot and I shoot a high percentage. If I can do it, a pro basketball player can do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he get another call like that this season. Refs are now going to keep an eye on him and impose the rule every time they can.

Howard needs stay quiet. He has wayyyy too many techs fouls this year and we have now no back up for when he gets suspended.

• Upvote 1

you sound so the man.

I tried not to...

IDK, how can you say that you are good at free throw shooting and not sound cocky about it? Many players are good at FT shooting, how am I the man? And if you were being sarcastic, that's all good...just didn't catch it.

Although the rule isn't called often, Dwight takes around 16 seconds to attempt a free shot from the stripe. One could say it is nerves, but I doubt it...he has been there so many times throughout his career. If he does it to piss off the away crowd, that is just immature IMO (I know, I know...gamesmanship). But honestly, I think he could shoot the basketball inside a 10 second span.