Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Player practice videos 10/22

That is the happiest and most relaxed I've ever seen SVG. He looks like he's really relishing the challenge. Yeah you can tell that they're having to put in a lot of work and that they could all do with a day off but it looks like everyone's on the same page and pulling in the same direction, which is great.

I must admiit when I first heard about the trade it really shocked me and I thought the Magic had kinda panicked and made a major mistake. I had a horrible feeling that it was the beginning of the end for us and that we were heading for another 5 - 10 years of being a bad to average team again.

The energy and optimism of the players and coaching staff is starting to change my mind though and after hearing more about this J Rich guy, seeing Earl in action (yes he speaks wierd), liking Arenas acceptance to coming of the bench (only the other day I was actually thinking of how bad it would be if he ever landed in Orlando cos all I've ever heard about him is bad) and Turks fairly successful return to form (maybe not points wise) in the Magic offence I'm beginning to like this new new look Magic.

Yes I feel sorry for the guys that had to go, am slightly disappointed that it never quite happened for Vince and yes I know we will not get a better back up for Howard than Gortat but we couldn't keep hiding from our problems with ball movement and players disappearing when we need them most. I know we've picked up a heavy contract or 2 but we also offloaded a couple as well.

And to get back to my original point, SVGs upbeat mood tells me that he sees a lot of good things and even though the practice maybe wasn't as physical or long as he would have liked it he must have liked what he did see during it.

I'm sure he even laughed at one point :D

Maybe against the Spurs we'll see some of the benefits of the practice and start to realise some of our new potential. here's hoping.

• Upvote 2

It does appear that Stan has done a complete 180 degree turn from what we saw and heard in his post game interviews after our losses on the last road trip. I also think he was frustrated in Carter and Shard knowing that he wasn't able to light a fire under them, and didn't know what to do about it. If Stan's happy, I'm happy. Go Magic!

He is already reminding me of Rashard, making excuses.

it was a throwaway comment, not an excuse. All the guys seem positive, I think it's just a matter of time before we start seeing the new and improved Magic.

SVG noticed how well Arenas made plays for others. Someone asked him if he'll continue to come off the bench, and Stan replied something to the effects of: "for now, but I haven't figured out rotations". It won't be too long before we see Jameer coming off the bench.

SVG noticed how well Arenas made plays for others. Someone asked him if he'll continue to come off the bench, and Stan replied something to the effects of: "for now, but I haven't figured out rotations". It won't be too long before we see Jameer coming off the bench.

I will be glad tonight if I see Arenas shooting at least a bit over 40%.

Well he was yelling at Jameer tuesday because he wasn't running the floor, just walking with the ball. And after couple possesions when magic took timeout he was still yelling at him before the huddle. Jameer needs to be agressive to for this team to win if he is on the floor and sometimes he just seems to take things too easy. But I dont think atm Arenas is any better, weird passes and stupid fouls lead to unnecessary TO's.

It's only a matter of time before Arenas is starting.

I agree. SVG knows Arenas was once top 10 in scoring AND assists and if he can creep back up there, we're a much better team. Gil pushes the ball harder than Jameer too. I love Jameer and what he's done, but this ain't looking good for him.