NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Found this. It would depend on their asking price, IMO. I don't think he would be terrible playing 10-15 minutes a game and he's bery long and tall. Sounds like the Griz are desperate to get rid of him so maybe he can be had cheap

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210947/Grizzlies_Aggressively_Shopping_Thabeet

great backup plan when dwight leaves.

j/k.

• Downvote 6

I doubt Otis is that stupid.

Wait, nevermind.

Truth is Otis doesn't want to trade our PF's away because they bring versatility to that spot with two different kind of players and you wont get anything on the market with Q and Malik(maybe Duhon but I think Otis wants to keep third pg).

Truth is Otis doesn't want to trade our PF's away because they bring versatility to that spot with two different kind of players and you wont get anything on the market with Q and Malik(maybe Duhon but I think Otis wants to keep third pg).

Well if you're going to upgrade at the PF, then you trade one of your current PFs away

Well if you're going to upgrade at the PF, then you trade one of your current PFs away

But that wouldn't actually fix the back up center problem? We would still lack size when dwight is on the bench. And I dont think the size is as much of problem when Dwight is playing as ppl are making it to be.

But that wouldn't actually fix the back up center problem? We would still lack size when dwight is on the bench. And I dont think the size is as much of problem when Dwight is playing as ppl are making it to be.

Well, it would defintely depend on how it's done. If we were to get a solid PF along with a half way decent backup center, we'd be upgrading 2 spots on our team. The problem there is finding the correct team with the correct pieces

Size definitely is a problem. Right now, we're playing this run-n-gun type offense where we can beat teams on the break and control the tempo. But what happens in playoffs when it becomes a halfcourt offense and a proverbial chess match? Size is definitely key in the sport, and a huge advantage if you have the bigger squad. Hell, that's one of the major components that makes Hedo Turkoglu a mismatch according to some coaches, along with his "play-making ability" and "ball handling skills."

Just read something on Hoopshype that NO is not going to negotiate an ext with West and that they are prepared to let him walk for nothing after this season. I wonder if they would be interested in anything for him.

JRich, Bass, Duhon for ZBo, Thabeet, and Mayo

who says no besides Memphis

Honestly, if I were Eisley I'd take that deal. Cheap Z-Bo replacement, still have an expiring, get a stud PG in return.

Thabeet is trash. Mayo is a headcase in Memphis. Z-Bo is Z-Bo.

GET IT DONE OTIS

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Honestly, if I were Eisley I'd take that deal. Cheap Z-Bo replacement, still have an expiring, get a stud PG in return.

Thabeet is trash. Mayo is a headcase in Memphis. Z-Bo is Z-Bo.

GET IT DONE OTIS

Well, it's not that lopsided. . . trade trash (Thabeet) for basically trash that could actually help (Duhon), expiring player that could give a good boost to their SL in JRich, and another blackhole at PF but cheaper

With Nelson, Mayo, Arenas, and JJ the team basically has 3 point guards and 3 shooting guards (although undersized). SVG and Howard give Thabeet a motor, ZBo fills in for Bass' awful defense/blachole offense, and the team tries to shape Mayo into a stud.

Only problem is I don't think either GM would do it. . .

Well, it's not that lopsided. . . trade trash (Thabeet) for basically trash that could actually help (Duhon), expiring player that could give a good boost to their SL in JRich, and another blackhole at PF but cheaper

With Nelson, Mayo, Arenas, and JJ the team basically has 3 point guards and 3 shooting guards (although undersized). SVG and Howard give Thabeet a motor, ZBo fills in for Bass' awful defense/blachole offense, and the team tries to shape Mayo into a stud.

Only problem is I don't think either GM would do it. . .

I actually totally agreed with you. I think it's a good trade.