NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

The biggest decisions next week before the trade deadline quietly have to be with Memphis as much as Denver. There seems almost no way with Marc Gasol also up for a new deal the Grizzlies will resign Zach Randolph. Trade him now? The Magic reportedly would be ready to make a huge offer of players and picks. But then maybe the Grizzlies don’t make the playoffs, which the owner has guaranteed as Randolph is leading the team at 20.2 points and 13.2 rebounds.

I'll warn you now, it is from Sam Smith, not the best source ever. Not sure what all players we would offer either.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_110214.html

man, Sam Smith just will not give it up

The Orlando Magic have a standing offer of Chris Duhon for a package that includes Rony Turiaf. The Magic are said to be willing to absorb Roger Mason, Jr.'s contract using one of their Traded Player Exceptions in order to make a deal to get Turiaf, which would free up a roster spot for Barron.

This one has been out there for a while. A CD for Turiaf. I only see them doing this if they really want Barron that bad.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...medium=twitter

speaking specifically on the trade mentioned, Turiaf/Mason, Jr for Duhon/TPE would be a no-brainer even with Turiaf's woeful health record. Outside of that, I don't think Orlando and NY engage in a trade.

I think randolph isn't the type of guy we need. We complain about shooters taking attempts away from dwight, randolph would take post attempts away from dwight too. We need a defensive guy. If we get an offensive guy he needs to be a complimentary player, not someone who would crowd dwight and take post plays away from him.

Not saying we can't trade for another all star type of pf, but that guy needs to be someone like garnett. A guy that can defend, pass from the 4, be a high post, 18 foot type of guy when dwight is on the floor and a back to the basket guy if dwight is on the bench. We don't need another guy like randolph who stops ball movement.

I think randolph isn't the type of guy we need. We complain about shooters taking attempts away from dwight, randolph would take post attempts away from dwight too. We need a defensive guy. If we get an offensive guy he needs to be a complimentary player, not someone who would crowd dwight and take post plays away from him.

Not saying we can't trade for another all star type of pf, but that guy needs to be someone like garnett. A guy that can defend, pass from the 4, be a high post, 18 foot type of guy when dwight is on the floor and a back to the basket guy if dwight is on the bench. We don't need another guy like randolph who stops ball movement.

I respectfully disagree.

I don't think Otis will trade for another PF. I have a feeling instead of going short tearm soloution with that position we have a long term soloutin in Earl. I believe he showed great promise yesterday against the Lakers (one of the biggest teams in the NBA) that he can hold his own and keep the Magic in tact when Howard is on the bench. Not to mention he is showing great strides just beign with the team for a few short months. Imagine a few Seasons! That's if we resign him.

Now If we we're going to aquire another PF obviously we'd have to trade Bass, Ryno or Clark. I just don't see Otis parting ways with either Ryan or Bass. I don't know what he's going to do with clark yet.

Side Note: For his 1st game back, Bass did an excellent job yesterday. In retrospect I feel that's why we have lost as many games as we have had recently. We didn't have that rebounding power or that mid-range game that Bass provides.

Imo If we're going to aquire another big, it would first have to be a deal that we can't pass up even if it means giving up someone we don't want to. Second It would have to be a back up Center that could play with Dwight if needed be. I trust that if that happened, Stan could find a way to make it work.

Chase, I'm not saying we need to trade for any big. In fact I think a d-league guy stashed on the bench for emergencies is all we need. If we're going to trade for a starting pf though, randolph isn't the guy we need

Chase, I'm not saying we need to trade for any big. In fact I think a d-league guy stashed on the bench for emergencies is all we need. If we're going to trade for a starting pf though, randolph isn't the guy we need

OH!

I_UNDERSTAND_COMPLETELY.jpg

116433999iCDjgi_ph.jpg

This. LeBron baited him into that first touch foul, even though with my eyes I saw nothing. But Clark stayed on the floor and didn't bite on alot of crap LeBron pulled. His length forced LeBron to become a jump shooter and take a few weak jumpers, which because he couldn't miss went in.

Clark guarded LeBron for like 3 or 4 possessions in which I think LeBron either scored or went to the line on all of them. . . Q did the best job out of everyone else on the team guarding Mr. James.

Clark guarded LeBron for like 3 or 4 possessions in which I think LeBron either scored or went to the line on all of them. . . Q did the best job out of everyone else on the team guarding Mr. James.

Shutup you just love LeBron unlike any other player.

You have to get some minutes on Lebron before you can really show what you can do against him. I don't think any player can just go out there and do work on LBJ right off the bat, even with the best scouting in the world..it takes some minutes to even comprehend what a player of that level is bringing.

I think Clark can match up well due to his length and lateral speed. He is also big enough to not let Lebron pull his bully act off and get to the rim. It will take a little time, but I like his attitude. He is a hard worker and wants to be here. He will do what it takes.

You have to get some minutes on Lebron before you can really show what you can do against him. I don't think any player can just go out there and do work on LBJ right off the bat, even with the best scouting in the world..it takes some minutes to even comprehend what a player of that level is bringing.

I think Clark can match up well due to his length and lateral speed. He is also big enough to not let Lebron pull his bully act off and get to the rim. It will take a little time, but I like his attitude. He is a hard worker and wants to be here. He will do what it takes.

and clark did pretty well on Pierce. Clark wont shut him down or anything, but he could at least muscle him a little.

Shutup you just love LeBron unlike any other player.

not really. . . you suck, go back to smelling Brad Miller's sweaty headband lmfao

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1