NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

If your last thread idea didn't go as well what makes you think this one would go better?

That's a bad trade for the magic!

It wasn't a thread idea, it was a post about a trade idea within the Randolph thread.

As far as this trade, we get two bigs and a very similar player to J Rich. In your opinion what makes this a bad trade for the Magic?

Rumor has it if Melo is traded, Nene will follow with Houston & GS already inquiring. This would be an excellent acquisition, the player I would target, & you have to think Denver would prefer to ship him East. Nene is athletic enough to defend 4's, physical enough to play the 5, and has some game on the offense end. IMO, an outstanding position defender who's a vastly underrated defender because he doesn't block shots.

• Nene is owed $23M over the next two years
  • He is not really a PF he is a true Center but he can play there in the same way that Gortat played PF at times
  • 70% of Nene's shots come at the rim - in comparison Gortat only shot 53% of his shots near the rim. Gortat was a better high post player than Nene so playing him next to Dwight for long stretches would be doubtful. Nene's jump shot = . 383 eFG% - Gortat's jumper = .447
  • trading for him would require $11 M in salaries to be traded away - who do you trade away for what would essentially be a back up Center - not a starting PF? JRich - now you have a hole at SG; Bass and Anderson combined don't equal half of his contract

• He is not really a PF he is a true Center but he can play there in the same way that Gortat played PF at times
  • 70% of Nene's shots come at the rim - in comparison Gortat only shot 53% of his shots near the rim. Gortat was a better high post player than Nene so playing him next to Dwight for long stretches would be doubtful. Nene's jump shot = . 383 eFG% - Gortat's jumper = .447
  • trading for him would require $11 M in salaries to be traded away - who do you trade away for what would essentially be a back up Center - not a starting PF? JRich - now you have a hole at SG; Bass and Anderson combined don't equal half of his contract

uhhhhhhhh what

nenegortattableorsometh.jpg

uhhhhhhhh what

nenegortattableorsometh.jpg

...so you actually think shooting 40% at the range where most of his shots would come if he' was playing next to Dwight is a good %. Not only that - he is currently being guarded by other Centers who don't step out to defend many of those shots but playing next to Dwight he would be guarded by PF's so that already bad % would go down even more. Look up Brandon Bass or other high post players to see what a decent % is - Bass is at 49% from 16 - 23 feet and 44% from 10-15 ft...and he's not even a great high post shooter.

Lets say you do think 40% is a good high post shooting % - who do you want to trade for that 2yr/$22 Million dollar contract - please enlighten us and tell me what players salaries that total $11M would you trade to get Nene here? You want to trade JRich our starting SG and back up SF leaving us with JJ/Q or Arenas as our shooting guards? great move! or lets say you keep Richardson then what 2-4 players do you want to give up to get him and how are you planning on filling the holes that leaves...brilliant!

I just want somebody, anybody, who doesn't force Stan to double, and compromise the integrity of the defense on every freakin possession. Somebody who can prevent an automatic layup line the sec Dwights off the floor.

I think the only way to make a Nene deal work would require taking on addition player(s), using TE, ect...Billups, Smith, Harrington, or Birdman???

I just want somebody, anybody, who doesn't force Stan to double, and compromise the integrity of the defense on every freakin possession. Somebody who can prevent an automatic layup line the sec Dwights off the floor.

I think the only way to make a Nene deal work would require taking on addition player(s), using TE, ect...Billups, Smith, Harrington, or Birdman???

I totally agree with you about the need, but it can't be for a player who makes twice as much as Gortat... and Otis surely won't destabilize the team even more by making another big trade especially now with the team in obvious disarray because of the unfamiliarity and subtle chemistry miscues that really magnify in close games and vs the better teams.

I would love Nene here but not for the price we would have to pay and in all honesty I don't think an upgrade needs to occur at PF. We have 3 capable players already there - why take on a massive contract to add a 4th w/ 10 mpg at C. Bass, Anderson and Clark combined make $7.5M and combined provide 30ppg/15rpg and each of them provide a different look to the PF position - we don't need another PF. We need a 10 mpg defensive minded role player at Center.

Honestly I think the loss of Pietrus is the biggest difference on this team. We went from a wing rotation of Lee/Hedo/Pietrus - VC/Q/Pietrus - JRich/JJ/Hedo...the penetration that is killing us right now was best with at least 1 defensive minded wing with the physical size and skills to slow or bother most drives. I believe we have that player in Q already but SVG is not playing him because he is really our only tradable asset to get that back up C and he won't get minutes until after the trade deadline passes and SVG knows he is staying. Otherwise how can SVG say our wing play has got to get better defensively and not give Q any burn?

I totally agree with you about the need, but it can't be for a player who makes twice as much as Gortat... and Otis surely won't destabilize the team even more by making another big trade especially now with the team in obvious disarray because of the unfamiliarity and subtle chemistry miscues that really magnify in close games and vs the better teams.

I would love Nene here but not for the price we would have to pay and in all honesty I don't think an upgrade needs to occur at PF. We have 3 capable players already there - why take on a massive contract to add a 4th w/ 10 mpg at C. Bass, Anderson and Clark combined make $7.5M and combined provide 30ppg/15rpg and each of them provide a different look to the PF position - we don't need another PF. We need a 10 mpg defensive minded role player at Center.

Jeff Foster is cheaper, plays great defense, and hits the boards hard. I'm all for him

...so you actually think shooting 40% at the range where most of his shots would come if he' was playing next to Dwight is a good %. Not only that - he is currently being guarded by other Centers who don't step out to defend many of those shots but playing next to Dwight he would be guarded by PF's so that already bad % would go down even more. Look up Brandon Bass or other high post players to see what a decent % is - Bass is at 49% from 16 - 23 feet and 44% from 10-15 ft...and he's not even a great high post shooter.

Lets say you do think 40% is a good high post shooting % - who do you want to trade for that 2yr/$22 Million dollar contract - please enlighten us and tell me what players salaries that total $11M would you trade to get Nene here? You want to trade JRich our starting SG and back up SF leaving us with JJ/Q or Arenas as our shooting guards? great move! or lets say you keep Richardson then what 2-4 players do you want to give up to get him and how are you planning on filling the holes that leaves...brilliant!

What the **** are you babbling about

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What the **** are you babbling about

next time I'll use only single syllable words and short sentences...and I'll even make the font big for you and in pretty bright colors too...