NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

It's cool that the majority of you here are friends (whether it be just online or in person). There's nothing wrong with that, but Jesus Christ you guys' bias toward one another is spewing all over the board like a rainbow. The majority of you need to spend some time away from the computer, enjoy life a little bit, and grow some freakin balls. Learn how to formulate your own opinions instead of having others do it for you and then just jock-riding on what they say. Not to mention purposefully ignoring valid points and facts and spinning ridiculous/irrelevant "facts" and "stats" to bolster your pathetic argument in favor of yourself and other pals....all this just to prove there's nothing wrong in Magic land. Some of you are like sackless robots...when one of your buddies don't agree with what someone else says, the rest of the little sheep have to chime in and recue their fallen mate.

There are some quality posters here, but since they aren't "down" with the clique they are often overshadowed and ignored. Way to come together as a collective group of Magic fans! I just really wish I had some of the e-status some of you wear proudly on your belts, it's super cool!

Anyways, G'night ladies and try not to spill kool-aid all over your keyboard and monitors.

Cue the sad violin videos, negative reps, and the REALLY funny pics of nothingness.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

It's cool that the majority of you here are friends (whether it be just online or in person). There's nothing wrong with that, but Jesus Christ you guys' bias toward one another is spewing all over the board like a rainbow. The majority of you need to spend some time away from the computer, enjoy life a little bit, and grow some freakin balls. Learn how to formulate your own opinions instead of having others do it for you and then just jock-riding on what they say. Some of you are like sackless robots...when one of your buddies don't agree with what someone else says, the rest of the little sheep have to chime in and recue their fallen mate. There are some quality posters here, but since they aren't "down" with the clique they are often overshadowed and ignored. Way to come together as a collective group of Magic fans! I just really wish I had some of the e-status some of you wear proudly on your belts, it's super cool!

Anyways, G'night ladies and try not to spill kool-aid all over your keyboard and monitors.

Cue the sad violin videos and the REALLY funny pics of randomness.

1279842436977.jpg?1280546188

They always go to "bias" whenever they don't back up their posts with facts and we dispute them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The problem Hibachi is that what he is saying (atleast his last couple comments-didnt read the whole thread) has truth in it...it just so happens that whenever people mention those kind of things it is usually in a defensive posture which almost automatically comes across as combative/belligerent and thus villainizes the poster even if what they say actually has some merit. I dont know what the argument was initially over, and he could very well have been spewing some nonsense-He does bring some truth though.

ok that makes sense. I was wondering why you can't form complete arguments.

Watch out...thought the same thing about you for the longest time and here you are a moderator now! Part of getting old is coming to grips with the fact that inmates are in charge of too many asylums out there.

• Downvote 2

It's cool that the majority of you here are friends (whether it be just online or in person). There's nothing wrong with that, but Jesus Christ you guys' bias toward one another is spewing all over the board like a rainbow. The majority of you need to spend some time away from the computer, enjoy life a little bit, and grow some freakin balls. Learn how to formulate your own opinions instead of having others do it for you and then just jock-riding on what they say. Not to mention purposefully ignoring valid points and facts and spinning ridiculous/irrelevant "facts" and "stats" to bolster your pathetic argument in favor of yourself and other pals....all this just to prove there's nothing wrong in Magic land. Some of you are like sackless robots...when one of your buddies don't agree with what someone else says, the rest of the little sheep have to chime in and recue their fallen mate.

There are some quality posters here, but since they aren't "down" with the clique they are often overshadowed and ignored. Way to come together as a collective group of Magic fans! I just really wish I had some of the e-status some of you wear proudly on your belts, it's super cool!

There is nothing funner than attempting to throw the IRL card while simultaneously trying to prove that you're edgy and different. . .

why not come in to terms that your opinions and points aren't being well received because. . . well, because perhaps you haven't raised any valid points or opinions, for that matter? Why is it that this board always quality discussions when people think up of well formulated opinions, no matter how negative it may seem (see: KITNO, Smack, DoM, Soul Bro), but when it's something just spewing out garbage, it always turns into this?

and again, stop assuming that because someone thinks you're wrong it means they think the team is perfect. I have yet to find someone on this board who has not, at least once, negatively criticized the team. It usually happens about as often as the team is talked about positively, but all you're doing is making bad assumptions to fit your to your point.

The problem Hibachi is that what he is saying (atleast his last couple comments-didnt read the whole thread) has truth in it...it just so happens that whenever people mention those kind of things it is usually in a defensive posture which almost automatically comes across as combative/belligerent and thus villainizes the poster even if what they say actually has some merit. I dont know what the argument was initially over, and he could very well have been spewing some nonsense-He does bring some truth though.

His argument is that we got robbed in the phoenix trade because gortat is awesome and we should have traded for better players. Jrich sucks because anyone can average 19 ppg on phoenix and carter is terrible for not. yet we're supposed to take these ' terrible' players a and get a better deal. Also, we got robbed in the trade if we don't win a championship because we were a lock for w winning a championship with gortat.

Watch out...thought the same thing about you for the longest time and here you are a moderator now! Part of getting old is coming to grips with the fact that inmates are in charge of too many asylums out there.

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.

His minutes have dwindled all the way up to 27:48 per game in January. He was at 21:48 in november.

Yeah scratch that idea....why not use a max player like gilbert who averages 10 minutes a game at 6 times gortats salary including the luxury tax. Backup to Jameer and Backup sg to richardson. Run some stats on that brilliant management decision for me. Oh and lets not forget his two cartiledge-less knees we got. Gil has potential.....riiiight.....so did gortat.

Gortat has brought us as many rings as dwight or shaq or penny....pointless argument. Now guys like bill wennington he was a stud he had a ring. How about the great dan marino. He never had a ring. Trent Dilfer....uggggh...he brought a ring.

Ill tell you why Jrich wont be back because he is redundant and every dollar we spend (with his bird rights) will count DOUBLE because of the luxury tax. So it is essentially alot cheaper for a team which has managed their payroll more effectively than our brilliant Otis has done. Quite frankly I and JJ himself surprised we reupped JJ last year at about 20 million per year including the lux tax. Kudos to the devos family for throwing an awesome amount of money out for success but without dwight Otis would be the new Isah Thomas and we would be the Knicks.

If Nash can make anyone average 10 more ppg as people suggest then I can tell you he definately traded for the wrong guy. He sounds like exactly what our club would need. we should have traded for him...I mean come on the point play for our club has been below average for a long time. Im not privy to the phone as a gm but I never would have let gortat for what Otis did.

What does Arenas have to do with Gortat? They weren't even involved in the same trade.

J-Rich is currently making 14 million dollars. There is no way he gets near that again in FA, so we actually would be spending less luxury tax by re-signing him than we currently are paying now. Otis and DeVos have already shown the luxury tax isn't a problem anyways. If we let J-Rich walk the trade obviously looks worse. But I don't get why so many people assume he's gone. It's not like Otis has many options to replace him.

Ill tell you why Jrich wont be back because he is redundant and every dollar we spend (with his bird rights) will count DOUBLE because of the luxury tax. So it is essentially alot cheaper for a team which has managed their payroll more effectively than our brilliant Otis has done. Quite frankly I and JJ himself surprised we reupped JJ last year at about 20 million per year including the lux tax. Kudos to the devos family for throwing an awesome amount of money out for success but without dwight Otis would be the new Isah Thomas and we would be the Knicks.

Do you HONESTLY think Otis would be spending this much money if it wasn't to satisfy Dwight and the team's aspirations to win a championship?