NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

So trades are defined as good if the team wins a championship? If we traded Daniel Orton for John wall we gets robbed in the trade unless we win a championship?

edit: how old are you?

By your logic, trades are only good if the team goes to the ECF sooooo.

I'm 12.

The Magic's goal is quite unlikely and not reaching said goal wouldn't necessarily mean it was of wasted effort. Winning a championship isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. The Magic aren't favorites to win and the talent don't match up to the top teams in the league so another ECF trip on a much tougher conference should be good enough, at least for the fans. Just because you're a spoiled fairweather fan doesn't mean you'll always get what you want.

Just because you think the team can steamroll through the opposition, it doesn't make it true, and if you can finally come in to terms that the team doesn't have the all-worldly talent to be a lock up to win the championship, why ***** and moan about it? It's going to to take a lot of effort and a lot more luck for the Magic to win it all this year (like hoping Miami and Boston kill each other instead of having to face both teams)

Still, the team's motto and ultimate goal is to win a championship, but it doesn't mean fans should hold them accountable for it. Would you rather have them say their goal is to get past the 2nd round? Would that lower YOUR expectations and make you complain less? The team has the talent to beat the elite teams but like I said before, it's going to take a lot more than that. Luck, talent, energy, and some more luck. . . that can be said for every team in the hunt.

You're making my EXACT point FOR me, yet trying to passive aggressively make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about. You yourself admitted to not having talent other teams have. Why is that? Who's fault is that? That's the EXACT point I'm making about the whole Gortat/trade issue.

We have one of if not the highest payroll in the NBA, yet we don't have as much talent as other teams or even another legit superstar to be paired with Dwight. LOL

By your logic, trades are only good if the team goes to the ECF sooooo.

I'm 12.

ok that makes sense. I was wondering why you can't form complete arguments.

Did you really not see my previous post or was it that you just chose not to acknowledge it?

No I saw your other posts, all I've seen as far as an explaination is, "because I said so." You claim Gortat had more value than what we got for him so again I ask the question that you are dodging-

Explain how we got robbed. Then explain what other deal, what more attractive deal was/is available.

Very simple, no tricks here "trying to make you look like you don't know what you are talking about" I just want you to share with the board your insight.

I've touched on this subject a countless number of times....frankly, I'm tired of repeating myself.

you might have touched on the subject, but it wasn't coherent.

I've touched on this subject a countless number of times....frankly, I'm tired of repeating myself.

Oh you don't have to repeat yourself, I'm asking you to share information that you haven't shared with the board, I know this because I checked your other posts. You claim that we could have gotten more for Gortat and yet I haven't seen anywhere that you have posted the exact players we could have received in a trade for Marcin that would have been superior to the ones we got. Am I to believe that you really were just talking out of your rear end and have no idea of what other players we could have had if our GM had just asked for them? Please tell me that isn't so. Please restore the enormous amount of faith I have in you as a respected member of this board.

Now I have seen you post that it's bad if Richardson leaves at the end of the season and we get nothing for him. Perhaps you have a time machine and you could provide the details of what happens this offseason...or next season.

Oh you don't have to repeat yourself, I'm asking you to share information that you haven't shared with the board, I know this because I checked your other posts. You claim that we could have gotten more for Gortat and yet I haven't seen anywhere that you have posted the exact players we could have received in a trade for Marcin that would have been superior to the ones we got. Am I to believe that you really were just talking out of your rear end and have no idea of what other players we could have had if our GM had just asked for them? Please tell me that isn't so. Please restore the enormous amount of faith I have in you as a respected member of this board.

Now I have seen you post that it's bad if Richardson leaves at the end of the season and we get nothing for him. Perhaps you have a time machine and you could provide the details of what happens this offseason...or next season.

I like the subtle, politically correct approach. It was entertaining, but not deviating.

I like the subtle, politically correct approach. It was entertaining, but not deviating.

I guess I'm going to take you avoiding the question as confirmation of what I already know about your knowledge of the situation. No one on this board is an NBA GM (at least as far as I know), you don't know what the value of a player to another team is because you are not a GM. Houston is DIEING for a center and the rumors were that they declined a deal for Martin. Gortat is a very good center, that doesn't mean that GM's are going to give you everything you want for him.