NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Umm, how's that working out? If this team wins a championship then great....I was wrong and I'll eat my crow, but I'm sorry I just don't see that happening with this group.

How many rings did Gortat get us?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Umm, how's that working out? If this team wins a championship then great....I was wrong and I'll eat my crow, but I'm sorry I just don't see that happening with this group.

how were we doing prior to the trade? if we get to the ECF we didn't get "Robbed" in the trade.

The team not winning a championship would still not make you right. The Magic never won any championships with Gortat being Dwight's backup, why is he being talked about like a missing piece for a championship contender?

Having Gortat backing up Dwight was a luxury but not a sensible decision for what the team could actually upgrade. Would you rather have an over-glorified backup playing 12 minutes a game or a productive starter playing 30+ minutes a game?

The team not winning a championship would still not make you right. The Magic never won any championships with Gortat being Dwight's backup, why is he being talked about like a missing piece for a championship contender?

Having Gortat backing up Dwight was a luxury but not a sensible decision for what the team could actually upgrade. Would you rather have an over-glorified backup playing 12 minutes a game or a productive starter playing 30+ minutes a game?

it's like he thinks a debate is about proving yourself wrong.

it's like he thinks a debate is about proving yourself wrong.

And in the worst way. Says something is or isn't going to happen (something unlikely), then spews out ridiculous reasons why it is or it isn't going to happen, and if that thing eventually does happen or doesn't, he believes he was right all along despite the result being from things he didn't even dream about.

I don't understand why people do that

how were we doing prior to the trade? if we get to the ECF we didn't get "Robbed" in the trade.

Really? So that's the goal to reach the ECF and not win a championship???

Wow.

Wow.

So trades are defined as good if the team wins a championship? If we traded Daniel Orton for John wall we gets robbed in the trade unless we win a championship?

edit: how old are you?

So trades are defined as good if the team wins a championship? If we traded Daniel Orton for John wall we gets robbed in the trade unless we win a championship?

edit: how old are you?

I am going to guess 12

Wow.

The Magic's goal is quite unlikely and not reaching said goal wouldn't necessarily mean it was of wasted effort. Winning a championship isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. The Magic aren't favorites to win and the talent don't match up to the top teams in the league so another ECF trip on a much tougher conference should be good enough, at least for the fans. Just because you're a spoiled fairweather fan doesn't mean you'll always get what you want.

Just because you think the team can steamroll through the opposition, it doesn't make it true, and if you can finally come in to terms that the team doesn't have the all-worldly talent to be a lock up to win the championship, why ***** and moan about it? It's going to to take a lot of effort and a lot more luck for the Magic to win it all this year (like hoping Miami and Boston kill each other instead of having to face both teams)

Still, the team's motto and ultimate goal is to win a championship, but it doesn't mean fans should hold them accountable for it. Would you rather have them say their goal is to get past the 2nd round? Would that lower YOUR expectations and make you complain less? The team has the talent to beat the elite teams but like I said before, it's going to take a lot more than that. Luck, talent, energy, and some more luck. . . that can be said for every team in the hunt.

I never said Gortat was a missing piece or a really great player. Not once. I'm saying he was a more valuable asset along with everything else we gave up for what we got in return. It wasn't a good deal....ESPECIALLY if J-Rich not being here next year is not compensated.