NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Otis is simply showing other GM (that are driving up their asking price) that we can (but won't) stay pat, with what we have. Pokerface is back on. The 9-game streak is helping his stance too. But we all know Otis isn't dumb and we'll bring someone in to help defend the paint.

• Upvote 1

just make the damn trade for Battie already...

I really wonder what's the hold up? Give me Darko. His skills would be so perfect next to Dwight and backing him up.

• Downvote 4

NJ wants to unload Petro in a potential Melo trade. Duhon for Petro + cash? TPE for Petro + cash?

Sounds like Melo deal is happening soon.

I also think this means we can make a play for Wallace, Max or Wilcox.

NJ wants to unload Petro in a potential Melo trade. Duhon for Petro + cash? TPE for Petro + cash?

Sounds like Melo deal is happening soon.

That's the kind of guy we'll get more than likely, and it's the kind of guy we need. I'd be content with Petro

Would rather have any of them... been reading that Johan is HORRIBLE. lol

He's a 7 footer who blocks shots from what I've seen. Mind you I've watched him play only like 3 times so I could very well be wrong. Here's an analysis:

+ Reasonably athletic 7-footer with decent 15-footer and some shot-blocking skill.

+ Poor rebounder for size; lacks basketball instincts at both ends.

Even though the Nuggets were desperate for frontcourt help, Petro sat at the end of the bench in Denver, playing only 436 minutes the entire season. He's only 24 and I suppose it's possible the light bulb could still turn on. However, he's made no progress in six years in the league and, well, let's just say my Google search for "Johan Petro workaholic" didn't turn up anything.

Poor work ethic, definitely not something you'd like to hear

I do kind of see where Smith is coming from.

With Howard out of the game you could move Bass to the 5 and Anderson or Clark to the 4 (or even Turk).

There would be a huge problem if Bass and Howard were in foul trouble together.