Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

Who said stopper? He was our best, most athletic defender. There are no "stoppers". We will miss him once the playoffs start.

If we make it into the playoffs that is. (I kid, I kid)

Really echo? REALLY? Take a step back from the ledge man. I hope that was sarcasm lol.

Put it this way, Shard had to go. His production didn't match his contract, nor did it look like it was going to. The way I see it, the only team willing to take on Shard was Washington.

If Arenas atleast puts up some good numbers to help us win games, he automatically becomes a better piece for us than Shard was. If we're paying that amount now, might as well get something out of it.

I don't get why yall dont just wait and see.

True, I was a litte upset last night when I thought it was Vince for Arenas... but this is a totally different situation.

We still have wonderful depth with Arenas and JJ who could be starters on other teams. RA who would get a lot of minutes other places and we can probably count on him being Turk's new Shard. Qrich will bring toughness whenever he comes in.

We are far more dynamic on offense and once these guys start clicking in a month... you will all see who are doubting. We have mismatches still... Turk is a lot bigger than most SF and can play PF if needed. Jameer being off the ball with Arenas will pay HUGE dividends... he played that way a lot at st joes and when Turk was on the team.

Defense in the NBA is about trying... and when you have a chance to win... you try and they will.

The least talked about thing in this whole trade is this.. we won't have that ***** mentality anymore that VC and Shard had shaped us into.

Will there be some bumps at the beginning... for sure... but in the long run we are a far tougher out in the playoffs.

Really echo? REALLY? Take a step back from the ledge man. I hope that was sarcasm lol.

Put it this way, Shard had to go. His production didn't match his contract, nor did it look like it was going to. The way I see it, the only team willing to take on Shard was Washington.

If Arenas atleast puts up some good numbers to help us win games, he automatically becomes a better piece for us than Shard was. If we're paying that amount now, might as well get something out of it.

you missed it...

Should have caught it in the reply buddy...

I don't get why yall dont just wait and see.

True, I was a litte upset last night when I thought it was Vince for Arenas... but this is a totally different situation.

We still have wonderful depth with Arenas and JJ who could be starters on other teams. RA who would get a lot of minutes other places and we can probably count on him being Turk's new Shard.

We are far more dynamic on offense and once these guys start clicking in a month... you will all see who are doubting. We have mismatches still... Turk is a lot bigger than most SF and can play PF if needed. Jameer being off the ball with Arenas will pay HUGE dividends... he played that way a lot at st joes and when Turk was on the team.

Defense in the NBA is about trying... and when you have a chance to win... you try and they will.

Will there be some bumps at the beginning... for sure... but in the long run we are a far tougher out in the playoffs.

Then why talk about it at all? Just post the trade in a thread, lock it, and stick it up at the top with a message of "wait and see... discuss later".

You can't tell people who dislike the trade to "wait and see" then go on about why you think it's a good move. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then why talk about it at all? Just post the trade in a thread, lock it, and stick it up at the top with a message of "wait and see... discuss later".

You can't tell people who dislike the trade to "wait and see" then go on about why you think it's a good move. lol

Because the people freaking out are retarded.

• Downvote 1

1 thing i noticed from watching Magic games against the Elite teams with wing players like Lebron,Wade,Kobe,Pierce was that they never had to waste too much energy on defense against our wings players (Vince,MP,Q,JJ) therefor they had more energy on offense to do what they wanted.

Now with J-Rich,Arena's (and Hedo i guess) they will have a big more running around to do and can see them having to focus a bit more on defense than in the past

• Upvote 2

I apologize if this has been up already and I'm not going through 40 pages to get caught up, but any names of big guys being thrown out there? I believe once we get settled with a backup C we should be in good shape

1 thing i noticed from watching Magic games against the Elite teams with wing players like Lebron,Wade,Kobe,Pierce was that they never had to waste too much energy on defense against our wings players (Vince,MP,Q,JJ) therefor they had more energy on offense to do what they wanted.

Now with J-Rich,Arena's (and Hedo i guess) they will have a big more running around to do and can see them having to focus a bit more on defense than in the past

No one had to use any D energy... we were all spot up shooters... but then Boston showed people to let dwight try to get his own and just run them off the line... and thats when we got bad.

I apologize if this has been up already and I'm not going through 40 pages to get caught up, but any names of big guys being thrown out there? I believe once we get settled with a backup C we should be in good shape

We traded Gortat and rights to Fran for Earl Clark and 1 mil in cash

Because the people freaking out are retarded.

Actually, there are some very good concerns about personnel and finances being presented. If player fit and future financial situations of the team are "retarded" concerns, then I need to see some I.D. to make sure you aren't Isiah Thomas.

So here is an interesting question which posters do you think leave now that Wince Carter is now with the Suns. (by bad hey at least he is gone)

:bigparty: