Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hollinger/ Bucher scoop - Trade talk thread

None of those suggestions make a bit of sense for the Magic. Why in the world would we want Andre Miller? Jameer is fine. Troy Murphy is a crappier version of Shard, and Prince is another aging vet we really don't need. OJ Mayo is the most interesting of those names, but he's not good enough for me to seriously want to make a push for right now.

None of those suggestions make a bit of sense for the Magic. Why in the world would we want Andre Miller? Jameer is fine. Troy Murphy is a crappier version of Shard, and Prince is another aging vet we really don't need. OJ Mayo is the most interesting of those names, but he's not good enough for me to seriously want to make a push for right now.

Miller, you got any better suggestions???...Because we aren't winning a championship without one.

Miller, you got any better suggestions???...Because we aren't winning a championship without one.

not being the favorite to win a championship does not equate to not winning a championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

not being the favorite to win a championship does not equate to not winning a championship.

I'm sure you already know my opinion Lewis....been saying it for almost a year now....we need personnel changes to win the championship....others are starting to get on the wagon as witnessed in this thread....writer's at least.

How does acquiring Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, or Troy Murphy give us a better shot to win a title? You don't make trades just to make trades. If you get a chance to land a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul, then fine. But if not, you go with what you got, and what we got is a deep team with a good chance to make a run at a title. We aren't the favorites, but none of these moves would make us favorites. Hell, they all make us worse in my opinion.

:svgsad:

How does acquiring Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, or Troy Murphy give us a better shot to win a title? You don't make trades just to make trades. If you get a chance to land a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul, then fine. But if not, you go with what you got, and what we got is a deep team with a good chance to make a run at a title. We aren't the favorites, but none of these moves would make us favorites. Hell, they all make us worse in my opinion.

I'm not a GM so don't ask me how to acquire guys....but I'd truly love to get Andre Miller or Mayo....(still calling for you KITNO???)

I'm not a GM so don't ask me how to acquire guys....but I'd truly love to get Andre Miller or Mayo....(still calling for you KITNO???)

getting OJ Mayo would likely take Bass

i agree. Mayo's having a poor year so he might be possible to get but none of these guys make us the favorite.

Andre Miller isn't a legit upgrade from Jameer though. I also don't like the fact he's shooting 6% from three this year and is a 20% career three point shooter.

OJ Mayo is an interesting player, and I'd be interested in seeing how he fit in with this team. But he's likely going to cost more than it's worth to get him.

I'm all for making a trade if it makes us better, but there isn't a lot of those options and I'm fine with sitting on what we have.