Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

The Gortat Thread

B2b, not starting, whatever, does not excuse his lack of any D whatsoever. His lack of offensive game, butter fingers, I can deal with. But letting someone just coming off injury get 30 is inexcusable.

If you would be put in a situation to squat for 200 pounds as many times as you can and then to run 3 miles as fast as you can and then squat again and you wouldn't get as many reps as you did the first would you call that 3 mile run an excuse?

If you didn't know some ppl perform better after injuries and that's because they have been resting for extended period. Its not like he had a serious injury.

What do I think about Gortat? Great player, a starter on most teams. He does a lot of things very well and is an impact defensive player. Love him and would say he is one of our most valuable trade chips. Isn't what you were looking for though, is it? Sorry.

• Upvote 1

What do I think about Gortat? Great player, a starter on most teams. He does a lot of things very well and is an impact defensive player. Love him and would say he is one of our most valuable trade chips. Isn't what you were looking for though, is it? Sorry.

I'm sure Gortat would've preferred this message in a more eulogistic fashion. Regardless, wherever he is, I'm sure he's smiling.

Ok, someone tell me. Did Gortat play good D? Should he be above criticism?

Smudge, he is an NBA player. That's why he is payed millions of dollars. To stay in great shape and be able to handle that. He can't be a starter if he can't handle 30 minutes a night. I don't necessarily care about points, blocks whatever. Just some DECENT DEFENSE.

I wrote "this is basically a hate thread" cause I wanted to write F*CK GORTAT as the title but thought I'd get suspended or something,

• Downvote 2

He's a good re-bounder. A pretty average defender. Can shoot his FT's more often than not. No offense. Goofy.

He's valuable to this team, both as a back-up and as a trade piece. Glad to have the HAMMA!

What do I think about Gortat? Great player, a starter on most teams. He does a lot of things very well and is an impact defensive player. Love him and would say he is one of our most valuable trade chips.

Agreed. Bogut isn't a dud either.

Smudge, he is an NBA player. That's why he is payed millions of dollars. To stay in great shape and be able to handle that. He can't be a starter if he can't handle 30 minutes a night. I don't necessarily care about points, blocks whatever. Just some DECENT DEFENSE.

I hope you enjoyed those small sentences.

Although I do agree with your opinions there, I think it'd be much more weighted if he played terrible each game. He had a bad...horrible game tonight, but this gives little indication of how he'd perform on a team that gave him 25-32 min per game. Many variables could have come into play -- it isn't wild to think he might have been sick tonight like Hardnocks said (4 players are already out because of it), he may have been fatigued, or he may have had an unusually off game (ball players all have it time to time). If we were to monitor his ~30 min. performances from here on out maybe we'd be on to something, until then I'm confident in Gortat.

But I am glad we have Dwight Howard waiting for us when we return from this road trip.

Although I do agree with your opinions there, I think it'd be much more weighted if he played terrible each game. He had a bad...horrible game tonight, but this gives little indication of how he'd perform on a team that gave him 25-32 min per game. Many variables could have come into play -- it isn't wild to think he might have been sick tonight like Hardnocks said (4 players are already out because of it), he may have been fatigued, or he may have had an unusually off game (ball players all have it time to time). If we were to monitor his ~30 min. performances from here on out maybe we'd be on to something, until then I'm confident in Gortat.

But I am glad we have Dwight Howard waiting for us when we return from this road trip.

Yeah, I don't think that this game defines his career or anything like that. I just think he deserves to be criticized for it. If news comes out that he was sick then I'll take back this stuff cause I can't imagine playing ball if I had anything close to the flu. If not, then no excuses. Everyone else was playing heavy minutes, and most had more responsibilities than him.

I wrote "this is basically a hate thread" cause I wanted to write F*CK GORTAT as the title but thought I'd get suspended or something,

He played passive, unfocused, tired, and not up to par for what he is capable of, nor what he usually does for this team. Taking the entire situation into consideration, your thread and anger toward him for this single game are unwarranted, unfocused, tired, and not up to par for what we've come to expect from you.

He ISN'T a starter, it was the second night of a back to back, and he played great the night before. For you to start a hate thread over one game, which, in all reality should be completely excusable given the situation is borderline pathetic on your part.

He played passive, unfocused, tired, and not up to par for what he is capable of, nor what he usually does for this team. Taking the entire situation into consideration, your thread and anger toward him for this single game are unwarranted, unfocused, tired, and not up to par for what we've come to expect from you.

He ISN'T a starter, it was the second night of a back to back, and he played great the night before. For you to start a hate thread over one game, which, in all reality should be completely excusable given the situation is borderline pathetic on your part.

This was a sort of sarcastic thread since everybody in the chat was calling for Gortat's head. I thought we'd get a lot of funny replies and overreactions tbh.