Sign in to follow this  
GhostAnime

I regret everything I said about Bass

It's not a strawman because our STARTING PF, which none of you say is "overrated", can't rebound worth jack, whether its offensive or defensive rebounding.

Just because you don't understand an argument doesn't mean it's a straw man lmao.

Booya. :chairshot:

You do realize that in order for someone to be overrated that someone has to overrate them, right?

And that if no one says that Lewis is a good rebounder and everyone agrees he's pretty lousy, that he can't be overrated as a rebounder?

You do realize that words have definitions, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Let me make this a little bit clearer for you.

I understand you don't want Bass to start. That's fine. I'm not that keen on it either. But why be harder on him, stats wise, than Lewis, our STARTING PF? I understand that Lewis can stretch the floor and shoot 3's, but other than that, he's pretty mediocre and doesn't do much that Bass can't do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let me make this a little bit clearer for you.

I understand you don't want Bass to start. That's fine. I'm not that keen on it either. But why be harder on him, stats wise, than Lewis, our STARTING PF? I understand that Lewis can stretch the floor and shoot 3's, but other than that, he's pretty mediocre and doesn't do much that Bass can't do.

Bass has performed admirably when we've needed him. He's a great talent but he's not Karl Malone yet. After every big game he gets that kind of reaction. Realistically he's a good rebounder on offense, a sub par (at least statistically) rebounder on defense, a defender that doesn't take full advantage of his physical tools and often is in the wrong position in our schemes, and is able to take advantage of his major strengths (athletic inside game, mid range jumpshot) based on the way our offense is designed. He deserves the minutes he's getting and really justified why we signed him.

But he's not Millsap or Boozer though i really hope another team thinks he is (not that i want to trade him, but that type of value would bring serious return on investment that could go a long way toward bringing a serious talent to our roster). Its really easy to look good on a team when you're largely ignored in the opponent's defensive game plan.

Bass is what he is. We cheer him for contributing to wins but we realize that his production and efficiency is bound to go down as he gets more attention from other teams.

Bass is what he is. We cheer him for contributing to wins but we realize that his production and efficiency is bound to go down as he gets more attention from other teams.

Didn't most people say this about Lewis in his second season on the Orlando Magic?

In fact, this is just one of many players that flourish under Stan Van Gundy in their "second" season...

I would like to think that Brandon and his lack of ability within our offense has hurt him as a player the last season or so, and it probably has... but last night he ultimately proved that he can compete on an NBA level given the minutes. All of these players can. The problem with THIS Magic team isn't our defense... it has been the offense, this season. VC and Gortat, as well came up with season highs in points. This team has so many weapons... and you have to then give all the credit to Otis Smith and the Magic organization for really believing in the team they built.

I really do think it's only fair to start really giving VC that love he deserves on the basketball court too. I know it's easy to be mad at a guy that pulled a Nick Anderson in the playoffs, but he really is having a career year here in Orlando, so is Jameer, Dwight, and we will see if these individuals can really put it all together on the court for the rest of this season, and into the season that matters most. :)

Go Magic!

Didn't most people say this about Lewis in his second season on the Orlando Magic?

no, the situations are totally different

In fact, this is just one of many players that flourish under Stan Van Gundy in their "second" season...

most players do well in any system once they've had a year to adapt

I would like to think that Brandon and his lack of ability within our offense has hurt him as a player the last season or so, and it probably has... but last night he ultimately proved that he can compete on an NBA level given the minutes. All of these players can. The problem with THIS Magic team isn't our defense... it has been the offense, this season. VC and Gortat, as well came up with season highs in points. This team has so many weapons... and you have to then give all the credit to Otis Smith and the Magic organization for really believing in the team they built.

I really do think it's only fair to start really giving VC that love he deserves on the basketball court too. when he performs he gets the love. everybody's kind of cynical based on getting burned in the past thoughI know it's easy to be mad at a guy that pulled a Nick Anderson in the playoffs, but he really is having a career year here in Orlandono he's not. , so is Jameer, Dwight, and we will see if these individuals can really put it all together on the court for the rest of this season, and into the season that matters most. :)

Go Magic!

i like our team