Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

The Human Victory Cigar

Would have gladly welcomed this type of production while he was here playing along Dwight or backing him up...

Over last 5 games:

18 PointsPG

8.6 ReboundsPG

4.2 BlocksPG

3.6 AssistsPG

59% FG%

Imagine if we matched Memphis' offer sheet, even though it would have been ludicrous at that moment. Our Front court would be:

SF: Rashard/Q

PF: Milicic/Bass (or if we didn't sign him, RA)

C: Dwight/Gortat

And if Milicic continues to play consistent from here on out, that would have been domination.

It would be interesting to see if Darko could put those numbers (or similar) in a contender. I personally doubt it. IMO Bass would be much better than him starting here.

It would be interesting to see if Darko could put those numbers (or similar) in a contender. I personally doubt it. IMO Bass would be much better than him starting here.

I think if he put his ego aside, he'd give a new, intimidating, approach to our defense. Alongside Dwight, he'd stabilize the paint if the guards execute our help defense scheme poorly. His numbers would go down of course but it is all about his mental approach.

I think he is busting his ass now because he sees an opportunity to shine on a struggling team. He can be the star he always wanted to be.