Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

How important is a healthy V.C. to the Magic's success?

THANK GOD, we are all spared the Wince Carter drama tonight. I can finaly watch a key Magic game in peace and know that the players on the floor will give it 100% to win.

Wince needs to be moved to the bench, at least to be taught you need to perform to play and start. It would embarress him, his mom and his family, which it should. Then maybe he will man up! He's a terrible role model, luckly no other Magic players have tried to emulate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, I think people need to stop overrating Vince and come to terms that he's just not that good anymore. He wasn't that good in his last two years in NJ and he's only getting older. Right now he's a good role player that can probably stay shooting efficiently and taking over games once or twice every two months. In the past 5 years or so he has relied heavily on his jump shot and since he gets less shots here in Orlando, we don't always get to see him get into as many streaks.

As far as his injuries go, I think he just has a really low threshold for pain. While the injury itself may not be severe, that sharp feeling you get when you do hurt something may be magnified 10x for Carter and because of that he's not able to continue playing. Now, I'm not saying he never fakes injuries (like against Boston last year) but I doubt he faked his shoulder and even toe injuries mainly because those games had barely even started. It seems that he just doesn't sit well with pain at all. Jameer looked like he felt less pain on his season-ending injury than Carter did on his toe injury.

It was so sad when Nelson hurt his shoulder during the Mavs game. He was so brave, and the pain must have been great. It was too bad he made the All Star team that year and could not play. LOL to Carter- good thing he never had to have a baby- he would probably have died.