VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

It's cause Rashad got hurt. He either crushes Shogun again or he crushes Machida. At least this way we see him crush someone new.

Hendo deserved it more than Machida

Machida is 1-2 in his last 3, losing to Rampage and Shogun. His win was against an 80-year-old Couture.

That's not exactly a great resume for a title shot, but White really had no choice. That being said, I think Machida is crafty enough to avoid getting finished. Jones doesn't have great hands yet, so I think Machida can drag it out and lose in a rather lackluster fight.

Machida is 1-2 in his last 3, losing to Rampage and Shogun. His win was against an 80-year-old Couture.

That's not exactly a great resume for a title shot, but White really had no choice. That being said, I think Machida is crafty enough to avoid getting finished. Jones doesn't have great hands yet, so I think Machida can drag it out and lose in a rather lackluster fight.

Machida will eventually get taken down and beat up. TKO in less than 4 rounds

He beat a 48 year old but now he's facing someone literally half the age of his last opponent, 10 times faster, taller, stronger, blacker, everything

Machida will eventually get taken down and beat up. TKO in less than 4 rounds

He beat a 48 year old but now he's facing someone literally half the age of his last opponent, 10 times faster, taller, stronger, blacker, everything

Shogun's the only person to really ever touch Machida in a fight. That's mainly because he decided to be aggressive in those fights and attack. After getting knocked out, he reverted back to being a cautious counter fighter. The big difference between Shogun and Jones is Shogun has much heavier hands. Jones is more of a unpredictable striker that focuses on kicks and different angles. He also has a stupid reach, that makes it almost impossible to get inside on him.

Machida can't win the fight, but I think he can survive for five rounds. I've long thought Machida was the best possible match-up for Jones, because of his elusiveness and karate style that belongs solely to him in MMA.

On paper, Jones shouldn't lose a fight at 205 against the current crop of fighters. He's either going to dominate that weight class until new guys come along, or move up to heavyweight.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Machida, I just think he's the one guy that could figure out how not to get beat up.

Machida sure beat the hell out of Rashad, so I dunno. I don't think he'll beat Jones either, but we'll see.

I also want to see Bones go to Heavyweight if he's still champ a year from now. Heavyweight Champion has and always will have a better ring to it.

Machida sure beat the hell out of Rashad, so I dunno. I don't think he'll beat Jones either, but we'll see.

I also want to see Bones go to Heavyweight if he's still champ a year from now. Heavyweight Champion has and always will have a better ring to it.

I can't see Bones being very effective againt the much bigger heavyweights in UFC.

I can't see Bones being very effective againt the much bigger heavyweights in UFC.

If he could add the weight and look like his brothers, he would be scary. I know everyone has different frames, but they are his brothers. The DNA is there for him to be a giant.

Haha, great fight, Diaz is the man! That 2nd round was brutal

GSP vs Diaz next... again

Will be interesting

but... you like Diaz? Fake or not his personality couldn't be more obnoxious