Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez66

The official "Season isn't over after one game" thread

If I get suspended for this so be it...at least I'll go down telling the truth...Marc, you didn't read LeBrick's response...he was talking about personal attacks.

LeBrick, there is a certain group of people here who are all buddies...they drink beer together and tailgate at the games...I'm sure you can figure out who is in the club...they are allowed much more leverage in what they can say and do here.

Are you sure? You mean to say that some people here are conspirators that could attack a person just for telling the truth?

I doubt you will be suspended for just saying what you think!!!!! :huh:

Echo, do me a favor and get back on topic. We're all diverting from the fact that we're only one step removed from finishing the season with a 1-81 record. Teams that shoot 30% from the field put themselves in great position to do that.

I think you're kind of missing the point. I'm more afraid of these types of performances against the more elite teams that put excessive pressure on our perimeter players. Thats what matters, because thats who were going to have to get past in the playoffs.

No. After the Cleveland series in 2008, I was convinced Lewis was worth his contract.

Not anymore.

I hear you. He played pretty well against LA in the finals, too. Perhaps the real shift came when we added VC. It just seems he looks confused/underutilized in his role, old or something else is wrong.

KITNO, you talk about going big against elite teams. What would that look like? You also talk about adding an all-star caliber player if the opportunity presents itself. Who might that be?

It would like it did when we had Bass and Dwight on the floor together last night, or Gortat and Dwight.

Stan will hopefully use it more often this season and let the team get used to those lineups before they are necessary instead of employing them when needed without enough prior prep time.

I doubt you will be suspended for just saying what you think!!!!! :huh:

It's not that. Saying what you think can get confused for trolling.

Since trolling is a suspendable offense, he could technically get suspended for it.

As far as getting side tracked. It's like my personal duty here to set the record straight when someone in particular starts playing the victim again. It's a personality flaw, I just can't ignore it! :tongue: :tongue:

I like how you think I am playing the victim for merely pointing out how most of your arguments are ad-hominem. You've been doing it forever, so why am I expecting anything different?

It's not that. Saying what you think can get confused for trolling.

Since trolling is a suspendable offense, he could technically get suspended for it.

Then, they will be judging your motivations! ...based on what?

It would like it did when we had Bass and Dwight on the floor together last night, or Gortat and Dwight.

Stan will hopefully use it more often this season and let the team get used to those lineups before they are necessary instead of employing them when needed without enough prior prep time.

That would be a massive switch in philosophy, which I'm not totally against. It would also mean Lewis would have to guard James and Pierce, which wouldn't be preferable.

I like how you think I am playing the victim for merely pointing out how most of your arguments are ad-hominem. You've been doing it forever, so why am I expecting anything different?

Get off your high horse. I was not talking about you.

Then, they will be judging your motivations! ...based on what?

Not sure. You'll have to ask them.

That would be a massive switch in philosophy, which I'm not against. It would also mean Lewis would have to guard James and Pierce, which wouldn't be preferable.

Well, it's not like would could have performed any worse than last night. We might as well try it. The good thing that came out of last night's game is the fact that we can now take our time and work on adjustments rather than being surprised next time.

Plus, Lewis owned Peirce on offense during the playoffs when Big Baby was injured.

Stan, you better figure something out for next time.

Get off your high horse. I was not talking about you.

:svgsad:

That would be a massive switch in philosophy, which I'm not against. It would also mean Lewis would have to guard James and Pierce, which wouldn't be preferable.

Not really, it all depends on who is on the floor at the time.

Also, putting Lewis at the SF spot means that Pierce has to guard him as well? That certainly works in our favor too.

KITNO, you talk about going big against elite teams. What would that look like? You also talk about adding an all-star caliber player if the opportunity presents itself. Who might that be?

Gortat & Howard start, Bass off bench or vice versa. Situational Shard @ 4, but primarily those 3. Beyond D, rebounding, & hard fouls, Orlando needs more screen setters playing like offensive lineman to bang these guys around. They could take a que from Boston in that regard.

Lewis @ 3 vs. LAL or Boston, I'd trying to roll w/him vs. Miami, but he'd be limited.

Who might that be? Hard to predict who might be available & attainable, which is why I just said I'm open. NBA doesn't appear to be in short supply of unhappy players interested in a change of address however and that list will grow after the first 30 games or so. Dream would obviously be CP3, but I'd be thrilled w/AI or Gerald Wallace.