Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official talk about that team in Miami Thread

It was like they were begging for invitations to join the Heat.

If I were a Cle season ticket holder I would sell off the rest of my season and not bother to follow that team again till they cleaned house, it was an insult.

At the risk of getting into a much larger discussion but Reggie Miller actually brought up something with regard to this. He was bothered by Gibson making nice nice and he mentioned how this is the way of the new generation. I was so bored with this game I actually went on youtube to look up old Reggie highlights to show my wife (she's taken an interest in learning more about the game). I watched the highlights from 94 and 95 against the Knicks where Reggie killed them in the 4th one game and sparred with Spike and in 95 where he scored 8 in 9 seconds. Reggie wanted to kill everyone not wearing the Pacer uniform, do we really see this type of competitive display with the new generation, specifically the Heat? Lebron does his angry huffing puffing face but it looks like a big dog and pony show. The look on Reggie's face wasn't theatric, you could tell the guy genuinely wanted to rip hearts out. This is the part where I sound like a grumpy old guy, is this generation of player that grew up watching highlights and getting trophies for participating (even though they sucked), and making teams because everyone should make the team so no one is left out, missing that competitive fire? Would they all rather be buddies instead of stomping out their buddy because he is on the other team?

Agree 1000%.

It's definitely cultural. Youth sports directors like the YMCA don't even keep score any more and get upset if your team does. Freakin joke. Last year, I took over coaching my nephews football team when I went to the game and it was obvious they had no clue what they were doing. A kid asks me during a game what the score is. The ref interupts and says it doesn't matter, I'm like, the hell it doesn't! I'm then instructed to read the bylaws of the league...which I ignore. There's a huge difference between, "its not if you win or lose, but how you play the game" & "it doesn't matter if you win or lose or how you play the game as long as you have fun". Total BS...those kids had a lot more fun when they won.

& the AAU culture these guys come up in today makes it much worse in basketball. AAU is nothing more than glorified showcases.

I have no problem with what KG does, neither does anybody in Boston. In fact, the real reason why people don't like KG is because he's not on their team. If someone had brought a hard elbow to LBJ's head and hurt him he would be a hero in Cleveland, as he should be.

I have a problem with what KG has done in particular situations, mostly "picking" on smaller players (like guards), and trying to act tough. It's why I take great pleasure when I see players from other teams go at him and see him back down from guys like Zaza and

Classic strike and run from KG here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KymWknTERY4

Not sure its legal to lead with your shoulder on a screen, much less still be moving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TDwfAC2ltw&feature=related

Tripple post FTW!

Smacking a young Duncan (at least he is the same size) from behind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTiEkfQ6pk&feature=related

my fav, a little compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I&feature=related

So, I agree with Rudy on this one. "No, not that guy". Don't like him, don't want him on my team.

• Upvote 1

I blame white people and soccer moms 100%.

People are going to be so damn boring 20 years from now. It gets worse every year. Too many people trying to be politically correct and "nice" but it's clearly bogus and fake. Unfortunately it rubs off on their children and they become those awful beings. Give me some damn personality.

I blame white people and soccer moms 100%.

People are going to be so damn boring 20 years from now. It gets worse every year. Too many people trying to be politically correct and "nice" but it's clearly bogus and fake. Unfortunately it rubs off on their children and they become those awful beings. Give me some damn personality.

I'm all for personality but KG's antics are BS, and I'm just answering Trey to let him know that I don't like KG, and it isn't because I want him on our team. Let him act that way, it's fine, I don' have to like everyone, and I take great pleasure in watching people push back and seeing him back down.

As for the bigger point of political correctness and everyone being nicer, kids participating in sports where everyone gets a trophy blah blah blah, that **** needs to change too.

I'm all for personality but KG's antics are BS, and I'm just answering Trey to let him know that I don't like KG, and it isn't because I want him on our team. Let him act that way, it's fine, I don' have to like everyone, and I take great pleasure in watching people push back and seeing him back down.

As for the bigger point of political correctness and everyone being nicer, kids participating in sports where everyone gets a trophy blah blah blah, that **** needs to change too.

Oh yeah, I totally agree about KG, wasn't really replying to any of your posts. The dude is insane and his "intensity" is just him channeling his crazy thoughts into the court. The dude has a lot of heart and all, but him trying to fight smaller players and backing down when bigger players get into his face doesn't impress me one bit.

I played five different sports growing up (football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf), six if you count Tae Kwon Do. I got countless trophies from all of them.

As of today I only have two of those trophies still, both hockey trophies. Why only those? Because they were championships. Even as a little kid I knew the end of the year trophy was pointless, and never really seemed to care about them.

I played five different sports growing up (football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf), six if you count Tae Kwon Do. I got countless trophies from all of them.

As of today I only have two of those trophies still, both hockey trophies. Why only those? Because they were championships. Even as a little kid I knew the end of the year trophy was pointless, and never really seemed to care about them.

I think we are all on the same page here, except for the KG bit.

The only trophies I have left (thanks Mom) are from the Marines. Volleyball and Softball championship trophies. I'll probably just throw them out because, who cares? That was a long time ago.

I didn't think this needed it's own thread, its a quote from Durant with regard to Brooks benching him for part of a recent game.

Darnell Mayberry: KD said he didn't know the exact reason why he was benched, though: "I couldn’t tell you I wish I knew. But I back him up 100 percent." Twitter

Nice to see a positive player coach relationship.