Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

WHAT IF??

lol what if the NBA champion Lakers lose to Euroleague champs FC Barcelona in Spain today? I doubt it will happen but that would be just catastrophic if the NBA champs lose to the Euroleague champs today at 2:30...talk about bragging rights. Lakers havent exactly been together for too long this season and didnt look too good their 1st preseason game. I expect a Laker blowout tho.

• Upvote 1

I know its preseason but I believe this is a significant game and the Lakers will treat it that way. They will be representing the "class" of the NBA of course, by being the champs. Anything less than a blowout will not be tolerated. Barcelona like I said is the Euroleague champs and will have homecourt with it being in Spain and I believe it will be a ruckus crowd.

• Upvote 1

I see the refs are trying to save the integrity of the nba by ruining the integrity of the nba.

The Lakers are getting the calls..as you would expect. They also have two nba refs out there and 1 euro ref.

I don't think the Lakers will be allowed to lose.

I see the refs are trying to save the integrity of the nba by ruining the integrity of the nba.

The Lakers are getting the calls..as you would expect. They also have two nba refs out there and 1 euro ref.

Ohhh god! Another dude that thinks everything is a conspiracy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It would mean nothing. FC Barcelona has already started their real season, and the NBA teams have just started the preseason. Factor in the fact that the Lakers, other than Pau, probably won't give max effort, and that most of the starters will probably rest in the 2nd half, and you have a wash.

FC Barcelona would probably be a below .500 team in the NBA.

• Upvote 1

After 1Qtr

Lakers have gone to the FT line 7 times and Barcelona 9 times.

Lakers have 8 fouls and Barcelona 5.

Lakers are only up by 3.

I'm sure the Lakers are winning because of the refs and not because Barcelona isn't playing well!

Ohhh god! Another dude that thinks everything is a conspiracy.

No I don't. Where did I say that. >_>

I do it cause its fun.

So.....what was the final score? I'm sure David Stern reads our message boards and after reading your posts, he called up the refs and told them to let Barcelona win.

So.....what was the final score? I'm sure David Stern reads our message boards and after reading your posts, he called up the refs and told them to let Barcelona win.

Are you really going to take it that seriously? I didn't even care to watch the rest of the game. I saw earlier that the ticky tacks were on the Euros which is what I expected.

Anyway, ever since the Tim Donaghy, the eastern conference finals against Cleveland, and the semis against Boston, I will never trust nba officiating. Absolutely anything you tell me won't change my mind. So you can just keep your faith in the NBA and its officials. Hell, keep your trust in the NBA. Keep the mud in your eyes.

• Upvote 1

Are you really going to take it that seriously? I didn't even care to watch the rest of the game. I saw earlier that the ticky tacks were on the Euros which is what I expected.

Anyway, ever since the Tim Donaghy, the eastern conference finals against Cleveland, and the semis against Boston, I will never trust nba officiating. Absolutely anything you tell me won't change my mind. So you can just keep your faith in the NBA and its officials. Hell, keep your trust in the NBA. Keep the mud in your eyes.

I'm there with you on Tim Donaghy and most NBA officials as well as David Stern. I've seen enough not to trust them also, but not all games are rigged.

The same thing happens in soccer where for example a team in Italy bought some refs a few years ago and helped them win a tittle. Does not mean everyone is cheating? No!