Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Should the 2008 roster from the Olympics be allowed to play in 2012?

IMO, if USA wins the FIBA championships, half of the squad or maybe all of them should be allowed to reprise their roles. KD, rose, billups, gordon, westrbrook, gay, iguodala, and love should be allowed to play in 2012. The only player imo that should be allowed to come back is D12(we need a big). All the stars felt like staying home and it would be unfair to bring them back and not allow the 2010 players who ARE committed to represent in 2012. The only thing we have to add is size, so i agree that dwight should be back. Colangelo said anybody who does not play in fiba will not play in 2012. To be honest, I don't believe him.

IMO, if USA wins the FIBA championships, half of the squad or maybe all of them should be allowed to reprise their roles. KD, rose, billups, gordon, westrbrook, gay, iguodala, and love should be allowed to play in 2012. The only player imo that should be allowed to come back is D12(we need a big). All the stars felt like staying home and it would be unfair to bring them back and not allow the 2010 players who ARE committed to represent in 2012. The only thing we have to add is size, so i agree that dwight should be back. Colangelo said anybody who does not play in fiba will not play in 2012. To be honest, I don't believe him.

Would you say the same thing if Howard was a Heat player? Prolly not!

You can't blame Wade, Bron, Melo, CP3 and Howard for not playing this year. They play over 80 games a season and this tournament would leave them with little time off. I want to see them on the team next year.

CP3, Kobe, James, Durant and Howard with Rose, Wade, Melo + a few more

Would you say the same thing if Howard was a Heat player? Prolly not!

You can't blame Wade, Bron, Melo, CP3 and Howard for not playing this year. They play over 80 games a season and this tournament would leave them with little time off. I want to see them on the team next year.

CP3, Kobe, James, Durant and Howard with Rose, Wade, Melo + a few more

I understand there are tired but everybody else played 82 games and some of them 90 games. They think they are so important that they can skip fiba, and go the worlds? The question is should they be allowed back but the key question is, is it fair to the 2010 fiba roster if they win, they cant have their spots because wade, melo, bron want their spots back?

I understand there are tired but everybody else played 82 games and some of them 90 games. They think they are so important that they can skip fiba, and go the worlds? The question is should they be allowed back but the key question is, is it fair to the 2010 fiba roster if they win, they cant have their spots because wade, melo, bron want their spots back?

Its not fair at all..... but lifes not fair. Durant will most likely be back but dont think 90% of the others will be

Lol no? There are guys like Kobe and Dwight that have played deep into the postseason recently, they can use a rest, especially Kobe. So how would it be fair to those guys if Colangelo said nope, sorry guys you're not gonna play? If anything guys like LeBron and Wade should not be able to play since they make stupid ass comments like "we have a busy summer". bull****. Neither have played deep into the postseason recently and neither have injuries. They are still two of the best players in the world, so they will still play though. Besides all these guys realize they will not be on the olymic team with the exception of Durant.

The 2008 team had played for 3 straight years without a real break. At some point, those guys needed to take some time to rest their legs. I feel confident saying that if this current team played all the way through the 2012 Olympics, they wouldn't want to play in the following FIBA tournament either.

The 2012 players most likely will be:

PG Paul/Deron/Rose

SG Wade/Kobe/Joe Johnson

SF Durant/Melo

PF Lebron/Bosh

C Dwight/Lopez

Depending on how Cousins and Wall do, Wall could replace Deron and Cousins Bosh or Lopez.

• Downvote 1

PG Paul/Deron/Rose

SG Wade/Kobe/Joe Johnson

SF Durant/Melo

PF Lebron/Bosh

C Dwight/Lopez

Depending on how Cousins and Wall do, Wall could replace Deron and Cousins Bosh or Lopez.

Wall could replace Deron? Really? Deron could probably replace Paul if he played just a little better than last season.

PG Paul/Deron/Rose

SG Wade/Kobe/Joe Johnson

SF Durant/Melo

PF Lebron/Bosh

C Dwight/Lopez

I'd replace Johnson for Iguodola or a 3 point shoorer and Lopez for Amare.

I'd replace Johnson for Iguodola or a 3 point shoorer and Lopez for Amare.

Yeah, Iggy at 3rd string either SG/SF wouldn't hurt. He could fill out the roster and jump in if the team was in somewhat of a dire need for defense at the 3.

Wall could replace Deron? Really? Deron could probably replace Paul if he played just a little better than last season.

Coming from a person that thinks that Detleft Schrempf was a better Sonic then Spencer Haywood, Tom Chambers, and Xavier McDaniel.

Coming from a person that thinks that Detleft Schrempf was a better Sonic then Spencer Haywood, Tom Chambers, and Xavier McDaniel.

Is that what I think? Good to know.

But then again, you really did just say Wall could replace Deron Williams, why am I even talking to you