Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Dwight Howard to Star in Film "Amazing"

The day that Dwight comes to camp out of shape is the day that I'll worry about him focusing more on basketball. He's done nothing to warrant a negative Shaq comparison.

Yes he works on building more muscle, but that is a hell of a lot different then working on his game. You seemed to have missed that point. You should really be worried that he is not working on that part of his game.

• Downvote 2

Wait, people honestly think everyone else is out in the court shooting jump shots and working with their trainers while Dwight is out making movies and eating cheeseburgers? Jesus ******** Christ... I bet this is what everyone thought Dwight was doing last off-season too, right? I bet it was just a coincidence that his offensive game increased significantly, because he obviously didn't work on it!

Yes he works on building more muscle, but that is a hell of a lot different then working on his game. You seemed to have missed that point. You should really be worried that he is not working on that part of his game.

So you are Dwight's personal assistant now? Are you his personal trainer? Unless you are personally with Dwight on a daily basis then you can't say with any certainity how much/little Dwight has worked on basketball this summer. What I can say, is that Dwight has improved his game every year that he has been in the league. That is substantial evidence that he spends a lot of time in the gym...even if you want to ignore the incredibly long list of articles/Dwight's tweets that focus on his training. And yes, being in shape - and spectacular shape at that - is a very good indicator that Dwight has been working on his game.

I don't know what you do for a living but lets assume you are an accountant. Let's say you are the best accountant in your firm. How would you feel if I told you that despite the fact that you excel at your job, you need to practice your accounting at your home and when you go on vacation. You aren't allowed to have any other past times or hobbies. All of your free time should be focused on getting better at your job. I'm betting you would tell me to go to hell.

So you are Dwight's personal assistant now? Are you his personal trainer? Unless you are personally with Dwight on a daily basis then you can't say with any certainity how much/little Dwight has worked on basketball this summer. What I can say, is that Dwight has improved his game every year that he has been in the league. That is substantial evidence that he spends a lot of time in the gym...even if you want to ignore the incredibly long list of articles/Dwight's tweets that focus on his training. And yes, being in shape - and spectacular shape at that - is a very good indicator that Dwight has been working on his game.

I don't know what you do for a living but lets assume you are an accountant. Let's say you are the best accountant in your firm. How would you feel if I told you that despite the fact that you excel at your job, you need to practice your accounting at your home and when you go on vacation. You aren't allowed to have any other past times or hobbies. All of your free time should be focused on getting better at your job. I'm betting you would tell me to go to hell.

in fact, why is he on this message board at all. he should be working!!!

we really need him to get that ppp to 1 for us to get over the hump

Maybe we should hire Al Jefferson to turn Howard into an offensive beast.

Maybe we should hire Al Jefferson to turn Howard into an offensive beast.

do you remember when Jefferson and Howard were being talked about in the same sentence? Thats hard to believe now.

do you remember when Jefferson and Howard were being talked about in the same sentence? Thats hard to believe now.

It's pretty easy to work out what changed: Dwight got noticeably better; Jefferson largely plateaued.

Also, "plateaued" is a word that messes with my head. Four consecutive vowels is too many vowels.

You missed where his ft average actually dropped last year from the year before.

I am glad he got the ball more last year, but needs to work hard on his shot selection. Just getting an occasional hook shot to fall is not good. His primary shot is the dunk and Boston shut him down in that area. If he had a shot that would fall slightly away from the basket it would change big time the way he is guarded.

You missed where his ft average actually dropped last year from the year before.

I am glad he got the ball more last year, but needs to work hard on his shot selection. Just getting an occasional hook shot to fall is not good. His primary shot is the dunk and Boston shut him down in that area. If he had a shot that would fall slightly away from the basket it would change big time the way he is guarded.

It dipped by 0.2%, are you kidding me?

Also, you're saying the guy that led the league in FG%, as well as top in eFG% and TS% needs to work on his shot selection? Give me a break.