Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

We will have Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony by 2012

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23943102

The only logical thing to say is that we should expect a Paul/Melo/Howard trio in the future. Otis signed Shard to that huge contract and made payroll adjustments so that 2012 is our big year in free agency. Don't ask me how it will work because I'm not as smart as Otis.

Book it. Cook it.

Buh bye Miami triforce. Link is gonna slice ya with his MAGIC sword, make sense amirite.

For some reason, deep down inside I actually believe this scenario. NY is a piece of ****,orlando has dwight(WAY BETTER then amare stoudemire).

Where else will they go?Can't wait for 2012.

P.S Everybody likes florida :D

It's just the CBS source. Here it is:

"In addition to New York on Tuesday, we've looked into what Chicago and New Orleans could offer Denver for Carmelo Anthony.

But neither of those two locales have been mentioned as a place Anthony would like to head, unlike New York.

Yet, there is another team now being reported as a destination Anthony would be agreeable to: Orlando.

According to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, "Melo would accept other destinations as well, and the Magic are believed to be at the top of his list along with the Knicks, according to a person familiar with his strategy."

Orlando could trade Vince Carter for Melo straight up, but we highly doubt such a trade would happen.

One we ran through ESPN's NBA Trade Machine that's somewhat conceivable?

Anthony and Renaldo Balkman for Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass.

Balkman heading with Melo to the Magic makes up for Orlando getting rid of two frontcourt players in Gortat and Bass -- both of whom have talent, but have been buried a bit on Orlando's frontline.

Pietrus, a small forward, could take over the gap left by the departing Melo in Denver.

There are a few snags here, most notably Denver perhaps having a too-crowded frontcourt, and the Nuggets perhaps not getting enough talent and value back for Anthony.

But we'll leave it on the table as a hypothetical trade for now."

I know the 3 paragraph rule, but I felt everyone should be able to see this since this is huge and at least in regards to any remote chance of us getting Melo.

Anyone else going to watch Shaq vs? Dwight is gonna be on .. :mellow:

Shaq just said he considers Dwight Howard a younger version of him. :panicworker:

Shaq just said he considers Dwight Howard a younger version of him. :panicworker:

I know, that was the most positive I've ever heard him talk about Dwight. Had to be scripted.

It's just the CBS source. Here it is:

"In addition to New York on Tuesday, we've looked into what Chicago and New Orleans could offer Denver for Carmelo Anthony.

But neither of those two locales have been mentioned as a place Anthony would like to head, unlike New York.

Yet, there is another team now being reported as a destination Anthony would be agreeable to: Orlando.

According to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, "Melo would accept other destinations as well, and the Magic are believed to be at the top of his list along with the Knicks, according to a person familiar with his strategy."

Orlando could trade Vince Carter for Melo straight up, but we highly doubt such a trade would happen.

One we ran through ESPN's NBA Trade Machine that's somewhat conceivable?

Anthony and Renaldo Balkman for Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass.

Balkman heading with Melo to the Magic makes up for Orlando getting rid of two frontcourt players in Gortat and Bass -- both of whom have talent, but have been buried a bit on Orlando's frontline.

Pietrus, a small forward, could take over the gap left by the departing Melo in Denver.

There are a few snags here, most notably Denver perhaps having a too-crowded frontcourt, and the Nuggets perhaps not getting enough talent and value back for Anthony.

But we'll leave it on the table as a hypothetical trade for now."

I know the 3 paragraph rule, but I felt everyone should be able to see this since this is huge and at least in regards to any remote chance of us getting Melo.

thanks, was just wondering who they had us trading. MP, Tat, bass is too little. I figure Carter, Mp, Tat, Bass a first and enough money to buy out Carter for Anthony/Nene seems more likely.

• Downvote 1

With news that Carmelo Anthony will likely be traded by the Nuggets at some point, a league source says that the Nuggets are not planning on trading point guard Chauncey Billups.

"Chauncey isn't going anywhere," said the source. "I'd bet money that Chauncey doesn't get moved." That is not a guarantee that Billups will stay with the Nuggets, but it does sound like he should remain in Denver, even if Melo leaves.

thanks, was just wondering who they had us trading. MP, Tat, bass is too little. I figure Carter, Mp, Tat, Bass a first and enough money to buy out Carter for Anthony/Nene seems more likely.

That would be fantastic.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2dvxx57

Meer/Duhon/Jwill

JJ/QRich

Anthony/Shard/QRich

Shard/Nene/Anderson

Dwight/Nene

A little thin at SG, but we have f***ing Melo. Can Melo play SG at all? Just wondering.

Can Melo play SG at all? Just wondering.

Not one bit. If we do get Melo and end up with Redick/Qberto at SG, I'd like to see the team make another move for a good defensive wingman. Wouldn't be something totally necessary, but it would be ideal.