Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

Magic to re-sign Jason Williams

If you want to talk about young pg's who could blossom in a few years, then what about Randle who played on our summer league team this year. He is lightening quick and looks to be a leader and a good shooter. He would dribble circles around JWill. And much cheaper. But Oh I forgot the Magic don't develop young players unless they are a top five pick in the draft.

Nelson, JJ, and Gortat were not top five pics. (Neither was Lee, but he isn't on the team now)

I am not believing the J Will hate on this thread. Last year when Jameer went down, J Will handled the situation. In fact, I remember a lot of people on here who wanted J Will to start over Jameer after he got back and played lousy for awhile. He's taking AJ's spot people. That is an improvement. He knows the system, good locker room influence, getting paid the vet minimum, and his nickname is White Chocolate for crying out loud. Another thing. We have the highest paid 2nd string SG in the NBA, and you're complaining about us paying a little over a mil for a 3rd string PG?

Leave it this forum to complain about the Magic upgrading the overall PG position to the point where Jason Williams goes from our backup PG to our third string PG.

1. Jameer Nelson 2010 > Jameer Nelson '09 (He's the healthiest he's been since he tore his labrum two seasons ago)

2. Chris Duhon '10 > Jason Williams '09

3. Jason Williams '10 > Anthony Johnson '09

'Nuff said.

• Upvote 3

Leave it this forum to complain about the Magic upgrading the overall PG position to the point where Jason Williams goes from our backup PG to our third string PG.

1. Jameer Nelson 2010 > Jameer Nelson '09 (He's the healthiest he's been since he tore his labrum two seasons ago)

2. Chris Duhon '10 > Jason Williams '09

3. Jason Williams '10 > Anthony Johnson '09

'Nuff said.

Jason Williams will never be better than AJ. Take it back. One AJ slamma jamma is almost equal to ten Jason Williams fake no-look passes.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So here we go.

Nelson/Duhon/J-Will

Carter/Redick

Q-Rich/Pietrus

Lewis/Anderson/Bass

Dwight/Gortat/Orton

Your 2010-2011 Orlando Magics.

Remember the days when we had too many wings and not enough bigs?

I'm rooting for Stanley Robinson to make it on the team. Even if he and Orton go to the D-League for a bit, I want one of them to be a force on defense.

Exactly.... which is not really a valuable position that we would heavily rely on....

Perfect for finding some diamonds in the rough.... and signing them cheaper than a 34yr old chocolate (@ 1.3 Million)....

Save Money, and get younger... win/win.....

If the guy turns out to be a productive player... then its a "BONUS"....

Check this link out....

NBA Players who come from the D-league

And tell me.... Why is it so important to sign J-will and not try to use this "3rd String" position on exploring new talent.....?

Wouldn't Orlando have to do a sign and trade for a younger guard because we are way over cap space?

If that is actually the case, I'm not sure it would have been worth it trying to sign a young point guard, if we had to give up players to sign him.

Wasn't that against the Hawks?

Only team I think of when talking about Magic blowing some team out, I think of the poor Hawks.

I thought it was the last game Magic played in the series against the Washington Wizards.

Same game where J-Will had his 2-3pointers in 2 seconds.

If I'm not mistaken, that was when our bench gave us 65 points and the "We want Foyle" chants kept going on.

Edit: It was against the Chicago Bulls where they chanted "We want Foyle"

http://nationalpost.stats.com/nba/recap.asp?lg=NBA&g=2010031119

I thought it was the last game Magic played in the series against the Washington Wizards.

Same game where J-Will had his 2-3pointers in 2 seconds.

If I'm not mistaken, that was when our bench gave us 65 points and the "We want Foyle" chants kept going on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you want to talk about young pg's who could blossom in a few years, then what about Randle who played on our summer league team this year. He is lightening quick and looks to be a leader and a good shooter. He would dribble circles around JWill. And much cheaper. But Oh I forgot the Magic don't develop young players unless they are a top five pick in the draft.

Let's just go over a little list of players that were not top 5 picks by the Orlando Magic: I wont do all of them, that would take forever, but lets just see the highlights of some players that actually became decent ballers and gave the Magic some good solid contributions in their time here.

89- Nick Anderson #11 (all time club leading scorer)

98- Matt Hapring #15 (turned into a solid defensive player and a long NBA career)

03- Zaza Pachulia #42 (solid off the bench big man with lots of energy)

04- Jameer Nelson #20 (All star PG)

06- JJ Redick #11 (I shouldn't even have to explain this)

09- Courtney Lee #22 (dont we all miss him)

This list doesn't even count players who were traded to us early in their careers and then made a name for themselves here (Darrel Armstrong ring a bell?).

Oh and by the way? That guy named Gortat that so many teams have been pining after? He was one of those D-League call ups that everyone is saying we should get for a PG. So yes. The magic do develop young talent.

I think the Magic may have the best point guard depth from top to bottom in the league. When your 3rd string guard is capable of starting 10 games without a significant drop in production, your team is looking pretty good.