Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

Magic to re-sign Jason Williams

This proves my point. Ryan deserved it because he played better in the games during the regular season. Bass in much less time on the court did not get the chance to gel with his teammates and learn where he needed to be in practice.

Oh God, did you really just make Debonair's "The Reason Bass Didn't Know the Plays is Because He Didn't Get Enough Game Time" argument? You don't just get thrown into the game for ****s and giggles if you don't know what the hell is going on. You learn in practice and you play in the game if you earn it.

Someone could have the most beautiful voice in the world, but you wouldn't throw them on stage to sing our national anthem if they don't know the words.

Edit: Fixed

Edited by PrematureShooter
  • Upvote 1

How does it prove your point? Why do you think Ryan played more minutes throughout the season than Bass? Why do you think that Ryan got more minutes than Bass in the beginning of the season? Why did Ryan get to start over Bass in the first 6 games of the season when Lewis was out? Because he did better in practice, and because he was the better player. It's not because Stan thought "Hey, I bet Ryan could really be a good player. I'll find out by throwing him out there".

He got playing time because IMO that Ryan can shoot the 3 like Shard. He was replacing Shard and Stan plays the stretch 4. That is the only reason for starting Ryan over Bass. Nice try though.

As for proving yourself in practice, in only shows your good at practice. Playing in a real game is a total different animal so to speak. Playing professional golf for over 25 years has taught me the difference. Since when as any of you played any sport professionally? I'd like to know. Or all all of you like Mike Lupica a wanna be that never played anything professionally.

• Downvote 4

He got playing time because IMO that Ryan can shoot the 3 like Shard. He was replacing Shard and Stan plays the stretch 4. That is the only reason for starting Ryan over Bass. Nice try though.

As for proving yourself in practice, in only shows your good at practice. Playing in a real game is a total different animal so to speak. Playing professional golf for over 25 years has taught me the difference. Since when as any of you played any sport professionally? I'd like to know. Or all all of you like Mike Lupica a wanna be that never played anything professionally.

so playing professionally in an individual sport makes you an authority on actual physical team sports?

You're pretty much saying that it shouldn't matter how well a player does in practice, because it will be completely different during a game? Are you being serious?

So, if a player works his ass off during practice and the other just looks like a retard, the coach should give them both the same opportunities because practice is useless? As I mentioned before, we're not Golden State. We don't throw players into the fire and "hope" they play well for the sake of "developing" and to comprise wins. If a player sucks in practice, he will most likely suck during games. If you show you're not a very good jump shooter by yourself, the pressure of playing in game won't make you a good jump shooter. If you show you can't remember plays or can't rebound the ball, you sure as hell won't remember plays or rebound the ball in game time.

This is really simple stuff.

so playing professionally in an individual sport makes you an authority on actual physical team sports?

I think air hockey is more of a sport than Golf, no matter how many times ESPN wants to tell me otherwise.

I am talking about the difference between playing in a sport professionally and practice for that sport. The difference is immeasurable.

I am talking about the difference between playing in a sport professionally and practice for that sport. The difference is immeasurable.

No, it really isn't... I played enough in school to know that the guys that sucked in practice sucked even harder in games.

No, it really isn't... I played enough in school to know that the guys that sucked in practice sucked even harder in games.

Really high school is the same. NNNOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!

And I am not talking about first string players versus scrubs.

I am talking about players of equal talent. Some will excel in practice while basically choking in the game. While others are not focused in practice and will play great in the game. Why is this so hard for you all to understand? Geez

It must be stated that poor effort in practice does not always mean sucking in practice. I can see the iverson point coming soon.

Really high school is the same. NNNOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!

And I am not talking about first string players versus scrubs.

I am talking about players of equal talent. Some will excel in practice while basically choking in the game. While others are not focused in practice and will play great in the game. Why is this so hard for you all to understand? Geez

This is coming from the guy trying to use Golf to make a point.

It's irresponsible and rather stupid for a coach to give minutes to a player who isn't showing effort in practice. If a player can't focus during practice, he shouldn't be playing AT ALL. How do you even explain why a coach would put a player out on the court out of intuition rather than actual evidence of seeing that player perform.

Bench players know damn well that if they don't show up during workouts and practices, they won't be getting any playing time. So, if one seems "uninterested" and "unfocused" in practice, it's his own damn fault he's not seeing any playing time.

This is coming from the guy trying to use Golf to make a point.

It's irresponsible and rather stupid for a coach to give minutes to a player who isn't showing effort in practice. If a player can't focus during practice, he shouldn't be playing AT ALL. How do you even explain why a coach would put a player out on the court out of intuition rather than actual evidence of seeing that player perform.

Bench players know damn well that if they don't show up during workouts and practices, they won't be getting any playing time. So, if one seems "uninterested" and "unfocused" in practice, it's his own damn fault he's not seeing any playing time.

give up, its a lost cause. Some people just dont have the capacity to learn.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2