Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackMamba

MVP Rankings (NBA.com)

Kobe declining ? Obviously someone didn't watch Kobe the last 3 seasons.

Kobe has stayed at 27/28 ppg, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, and his career average of 45 %.

In the playoffs he's gotten even better as far as points.

He clearly hasn't declined. All that will a load of injuries particually last year.

Dude is still head and shoulders the best player in the NBA and he'll remain that way at least for two more seasons if healthy.

Did LeBron disappear off the face of the earth? I'd argue that both James and Wade are better than Bryant.

I also may be in the minority here, but unless OKC wins 55+ games next season, I don't see how Durant wins MVP over Wade/Bron, Bryant or Dwight.

And the quote above me is so dumb, I won't even touch it.

Fine, you're right. Kobe will become the first athlete in any sport ever to never have any decline into old age. He is the best player of all time. It doesn't matter what statistics say because they lie. We know they lie because they say he's declining. But we know he can never decline because we say so, thus the statistics must be wrong. Kobe will play for 10 more years with no statistical drop off whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

Lol, the best player in the game is not about averages. First we are talking about the MVP award which is solely based on statistics, which Kobe can still win next season, and now you wanna argue that Kobe Bryant is not the best player in the game? Wow. Do you think the best player in basketball is based on statistics? Haha. Lets see, Kobe still averages in the top 3 in statistics in the regular season and then ups that in the playoffs every year. That's just stats. He has 5 rings. 1 MVP. 2 Finals MVP's. No one in the league comes close to that. His work ethic, leadership, focus, drive and ability to overcome adversity time and time and time again are completely unmatched by any one in the league today and that will remain true. The only other player ever to have those attributes on the same level as Kobe was MJ. Durant is a stud, no doubt, but not on the same level as Kobe. If the best player in the game was solely based by your logic, statistics, Queen James or whoever can have their trophy. The big boys come to play in the postseason. And you're right. I will stand by him. I'm a diehard Laker fan. But it's not hard to see that Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league and the world. You deny that, you're a hater, plain and simple.

Yeah, I can't believe I would use statistical data to make a point. I should be more like you, using my awesome, untainted vision! Ah, it's all clear now. While I'm at it, I will also use team accomplishments to compare individuals.

Ah, yes. It's so clear! I can't believe I didn't see it before! Wait, what's that? Kobe was the Finals MVP?? My god, we should just give him the MVP next year then. How could we be so stupid!! Yes, yes, never mind other players were better statistically and did more things to help their teams win, no, that's hogwash. We should base the regular season MVP voting on things players "may or may not" be able to do. I can't believe so many of us were so stupid to base the voting on these "STATS" when the answer was right before our eyes! Yeah, sure, LeBron may have had better roland ratings, he may have been much more efficient, he may have grabbed more rebounds and more assists, and he may also be a much better passer/play maker. Yeah, who cares that the guy has the body of Brandon Bass but the skill set and speed of a point guard. Yeah, who cares if he can be effective playing 3 positions in the NBA and even guard some PFs. Does he have any rings? HAH, what a joke!! Sure, he also outplayed his opponents by a margin above the average PER, but what does that mean when he's not winning rings?? Durant? Another joke! Sure he's the youngest player to ever lead the NBA in scoring and was more efficient, sure he's a better rebounder and was a much more important part of his team than Kobe was, but he also has 0 rings and no finals mvp. LOSER!!!

:svgsad:

Watch the language

Edited by Dad Gummit...
language

Yeah, I can't believe I would use statistical data to make a point. I should be more like you, using my awesome, untainted vision! Ah, it's all clear now. While I'm at it, I will also use team accomplishments to compare individuals.

Ah, yes. It's so clear! I can't believe I didn't see it before! Wait, what's that? Kobe was the Finals MVP?? My god, we should just give him the MVP next year then. How could we be so stupid!! Yes, yes, never mind other players were better statistically and did more things to help their teams win, no, that's hogwash. We should base the regular season MVP voting on things players "may or may not" be able to do. I can't believe so many of us were so stupid to base the voting on these "STATS" when the answer was right before our eyes! Yeah, sure, LeBron may have had better roland ratings, he may have been much more efficient, he may have grabbed more rebounds and more assists, and he may also be a much better passer/play maker. Yeah, who cares that the guy has the body of Brandon Bass but the skill set and speed of a point guard. Yeah, who cares if he can be effective playing 3 positions in the NBA and even guard some PFs. Does he have any rings? HAH, what a joke!! Sure, he also outplayed his opponents by a margin above the average PER, but what does that mean when he's not winning rings?? Durant? Another joke! Sure he's the youngest player to ever lead the NBA in scoring and was more efficient, sure he's a better rebounder and was a much more important part of his team than Kobe was, but he also has 0 rings and no finals mvp. LOSER!!!

:svgsad:

Player fans are the *****ing worst.

Apparently Magic fans are the *****ing worst, or at least the least knowledgeable. I clearly stated I was a Laker fan and I'm doing the same thing any other Laker fan would do and backing up Kobe. Your sarcasm is beyond comical. I'm not sure what you are trying to argue. First you were arguing about MVP and now you are arguing about the best player. You keep using stats for both of those areas. You are right, the MVP is based mostly on stats, but the best player is not, it's just that simple. Those are two completely different things, but there is one thing in common with both the MVP and best player, Kobe leads in both of those categories. He is far and away the best player in the game when you consider his talent and what he has accomplished, etc. The MVP race is close but Kobe deserves the slight edge over Durant because he has had the offseason to rest his injuries (Durant didn't have any) and maybe just maybe, the writer who is doing these rankings considered all the injuries Kobe had to deal with last season and figured his numbers would have been better had he not been injured, which they would have, thus giving him the top spot over Durant to start the new season.

Apparently Magic fans are the *****ing worst, or at least the least knowledgeable. I clearly stated I was a Laker fan and I'm doing the same thing any other Laker fan would do and backing up Kobe. Your sarcasm is beyond comical. I'm not sure what you are trying to argue. First you were arguing about MVP and now you are arguing about the best player. You keep using stats for both of those areas. You are right, the MVP is based mostly on stats, but the best player is not, it's just that simple. Those are two completely different things, but there is one thing in common with both the MVP and best player, Kobe leads in both of those categories. He is far and away the best player in the game when you consider his talent and what he has accomplished, etc. The MVP race is close but Kobe deserves the slight edge over Durant because he has had the offseason to rest his injuries (Durant didn't have any) and maybe just maybe, the writer who is doing these rankings considered all the injuries Kobe had to deal with last season and figured his numbers would have been better had he not been injured, which they would have, thus giving him the top spot over Durant to start the new season.

Wow you made an assumption of ALL magic fans because of what two of them wrote.

You must not be very clever if you come onto a different teams forum and start to overly argue your bias perspective.

I have nothing againts kobe, hell he is awesome and I would love to have had someone with his killer instinct in a magic uniform. But I can not see how anyone could put Kobe above Durant in MVP considerations before the season goes ahead. Durant is putting argueably the most work in during this offseason than any player in the league. He is 21! and averaged 30pts 7rbs 3asts.

He is going to improve on all his numbers. He has a team that is young and complements his skill set perfectly and with there improvement he is going to improve more so.

Durant will win MVP (subject to injuries) I am going to put money on him too!

Wow you made an assumption of ALL magic fans because of what two of them wrote.

You must not be very clever if you come onto a different teams forum and start to overly argue your bias perspective.

I have nothing againts kobe, hell he is awesome and I would love to have had someone with his killer instinct in a magic uniform. But I can not see how anyone could put Kobe above Durant in MVP considerations before the season goes ahead. Durant is putting argueably the most work in during this offseason than any player in the league. He is 21! and averaged 30pts 7rbs 3asts.

He is going to improve on all his numbers. He has a team that is young and complements his skill set perfectly and with there improvement he is going to improve more so.

Durant will win MVP (subject to injuries) I am going to put money on him too!

I came onto this forum because I know Magic fans are more knowledgeable than Celtic fans and Cav fans, that's for sure and i'm not trying to come on here to be a troll or anything, I'm just trying to convince you guys how Kobe should be at the top of the MVP list. There must be a reason as to why Kobe is on top right? Otherwise he wouldn't be. I think my points offer a good explanation as to why. As far as Durant, I agree with you, he is a hell of a player and only 21, definitely has a lot to prove in this league and should improve. Only thing I disagree with you on is him putting in more work than Kobe. Roll your eyes go ahead, but there has never been a harder worker in this league than Kobe Bryant, if he senses guys are trying to pass him, he puts in the extra work. I know what I'm talking about. If you guys disagree that's fine. I tried. Just trying to bring a different perspective to you guys.

I came onto this forum because I know Magic fans are more knowledgeable than Celtic fans and Cav fans, that's for sure and i'm not trying to come on here to be a troll or anything, I'm just trying to convince you guys how Kobe should be at the top of the MVP list. There must be a reason as to why Kobe is on top right? Otherwise he wouldn't be. I think my points offer a good explanation as to why. As far as Durant, I agree with you, he is a hell of a player and only 21, definitely has a lot to prove in this league and should improve. Only thing I disagree with you on is him putting in more work than Kobe. Roll your eyes go ahead, but there has never been a harder worker in this league than Kobe Bryant, if he senses guys are trying to pass him, he puts in the extra work. I know what I'm talking about. If you guys disagree that's fine. I tried. Just trying to bring a different perspective to you guys.

The writer has Carlos Boozer at #7, yet you keep bringing him up like he's some sort of basketball-writing god.

Your reasons for Kobe being "the best" are purely based on opinion, while I have backed up mine with statistical evidence. The fact alone that you can't come in terms with the BLATANT fact that Kobe is on a decline should be enough to get you banned, troll.

The writer has Carlos Boozer at #7, yet you keep bringing him up like he's some sort of basketball-writing god.

Your reasons for Kobe being "the best" are purely based on opinion, while I have backed up mine with statistical evidence. The fact alone that you can't come in terms with the BLATANT fact that Kobe is on a decline should be enough to get you banned, troll.

The writer is far more knowledgeable than you, he is not obsessed with stats and doesn't have a BLATANT hate for Kobe. Never met anyone in my life that thinks the best player in the game is based off stats. I guess the best player in the game is LeBron James with his big fat collection of 0 rings. Of course, you're not very familiar with the word rings are you? Go ahead, ban me if you want. It must really suck to be you, getting owned by a Laker fan, on your own forum, where stats apparently rule conversation. Now that's embarrassing isn't it?

The writer is far more knowledgeable than you, he is not obsessed with stats and doesn't have a BLATANT hate for Kobe. Never met anyone in my life that thinks the best player in the game is based off stats. I guess the best player in the game is LeBron James with his big fat collection of 0 rings. Of course, you're not very familiar with the word rings are you? Go ahead, ban me if you want. It must really suck to be you, getting owned by a Laker fan, on your own forum, where stats apparently rule conversation. Now that's embarrassing isn't it?

I'm getting owned because you're coming off as incredibly stupid and your biggest argument to compare individuals are team accolades

yeah, it's very embarrassing. I'm actually just gonna put you on ignore to save me some time. I can't believe I actually bothered to argue with someone who doesn't even know the definition of a decline.

I'm getting owned because you're coming off as incredibly stupid and your biggest argument to compare individuals are team accolades

yeah, it's very embarrassing. I'm actually just gonna put you on ignore to save me some time. I can't believe I actually bothered to argue with someone who doesn't even know the definition of a decline.

Exactly, you should have ignored me all along. I can post my opinion just like everyone else can. Just think about this though, if Kobe was dominating like he did early last season in November before he was injured, I think he was averaging around 30/5/6, and he showed that he could put up those numbers in the playoffs after he got his knee drained and his finger healed, the writer must feel like if, and i'm not saying he will, but if Kobe can manage to stay healthy for a full season, he can very well keep those numbers up a full season and he has a great shot at another MVP award. Plus the fact he's not doing anything this offseason (ex. playing for Team USA, etc.) and resting his injuries helps his case. You did mention that his finger may have permanent damage, but hearing his interviews he says the finger is not too a big a deal moving forward although it would be good to get at least minor surgery on it. The bigger issue was the knee before he got it drained. I'm not saying these problems will suddenly clear up but I am not ready to say he is on a decline because he was tearing it up before and after his injuries this past season. These reasons I just stated are not incredibly stupid at all and they must be the reasons why that writer put Kobe at the top of the MVP rankings for next season. You disagree, fine, ignore me.

Exactly, you should have ignored me all along. I can post my opinion just like everyone else can. Just think about this though, if Kobe was dominating like he did early last season in November before he was injured, I think he was averaging around 30/5/6, and he showed that he could put up those numbers in the playoffs after he got his knee drained and his finger healed, the writer must feel like if, and i'm not saying he will, but if Kobe can manage to stay healthy for a full season, he can very well keep those numbers up a full season and he has a great shot at another MVP award. Plus the fact he's not doing anything this offseason (ex. playing for Team USA, etc.) and resting his injuries helps his case. You did mention that his finger may have permanent damage, but hearing his interviews he says the finger is not too a big a deal moving forward although it would be good to get at least minor surgery on it. The bigger issue was the knee before he got it drained. I'm not saying these problems will suddenly clear up but I am not ready to say he is on a decline because he was tearing it up before and after his injuries this past season. These reasons I just stated are not incredibly stupid at all and they must be the reasons why that writer put Kobe at the top of the MVP rankings for next season. You disagree, fine, ignore me.

He (buttermilkpancakes, did not say he hated Kobe. His arguement was all for the proof on the point that Kobe is in his Decline, which is true. Yes it may be a slow decline, but it is still a decline.

Your comments on the article writter being a good mind, is purely incorrect. He has Nowitzki above Lebron, has Boozer on the list but no Wade?? He has used his oppinion to state that he believes Kobe should lead the ranks before any game is even played, which is fine. BUT, his rankings should be no more higher placed than any NBA fan that holds and views NBA on a daily basis.

You have got on the aggressive defensive position 'FOR KOBE'. Yet a lot of your arguements are all about (ifs).

- If kobe stays healthy

-if he keeps certain numbers at that level all season.

-His oppinion that his finger is fully fit. (if you have seen a picture of his finger you would know that is incorrect) he caused permanent damage to it by playing with the injury.

If you are placing the arguement for Kobe on (ifs) then you can do it for at least 5 other MVP contenders. And thus would cause damage to this forum because of how much crud and crap would be flown on here.

Back on the writer, He is extremely old and probably a Laker fan. If he were a Thunder fan he would have had Durant at top, a Magic fan would have Howard and a Heat fan Wade.

But if you want to take anything from this forum (which you must, unless you are trolling) then take from magic fans that majority of us do not think Howard should be at the top of the rankings, but Durant. And most of us don't hate Kobe, he is good for that game. Unlike Lebron, we all hate him for many reasons.