Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Fantasy Football

Draft  

6 members have voted

1. 1. When should the draft take place?

• Sunday 5pm EST
    • After pre-season

If today is a no go, why rush? Why not wait until the end of preseason?

Its a lot easier for me now. the last week of august and on my schedule might not be conducive to planning an hour out of my day to participate in a draft at a reasonable hour. Sunday is a rest day, late afternoon is good for overseas people, pacific coast people, people who go to church, etc.

If we all lived in orlando and could meet somewhere and do a draft in person after the preseason that would be great. But things pick up soon and I'd rather draft now and tempt fate (possible preseason injuries) than be forced to auto pick a draft.

Its a lot easier for me now. the last week of august and on my schedule might not be conducive to planning an hour out of my day to participate in a draft at a reasonable hour. Sunday is a rest day, late afternoon is good for overseas people, pacific coast people, people who go to church, etc.

If we all lived in orlando and could meet somewhere and do a draft in person after the preseason that would be great. But things pick up soon and I'd rather draft now and tempt fate (possible preseason injuries) than be forced to auto pick a draft.

I'm willing to risk that you'll have to autodraft in order to draft after pre-season...

Seriously, this isn't that freakin difficult.

The draft could be conducted right here via a PM over the course of how ever many days it takes. Then, half the league won't be autodrafting, and nobody will have any excuses for their selections.

I'm willing to risk that you'll have to autodraft in order to draft after pre-season...

Seriously, this isn't that freakin difficult.

The draft could be conducted right here via a PM over the course of how ever many days it takes. Then, half the league won't be autodrafting, and nobody will have any excuses for their selections.

pm's dont go to more than 6 people now. Plus you start out saying "Why draft this early" and your solution is to start drafting now?

Next sunday. 5pm eastern. one hour and everybody is done. PM drafts are frustrating because sometimes it takes 10 hours to go from 2nd round pick 8 to second round pick 9.

pm's dont go to more than 6 people now. Plus you start out saying "Why draft this early" and your solution is to start drafting now?

Next sunday. 5pm eastern. one hour and everybody is done. PM drafts are frustrating because sometimes it takes 10 hours to go from 2nd round pick 8 to second round pick 9.

My suggestion is wait until the end of preseason and draft between final preseason game and start of regular season. Do it in a thread/this thread if PM isn't applicable.

What's blatantly obvious is this draft will have nowhere near full participation any other way. That, coupled with the fact we'd be drafting blind & fading preseason injuries has to be more frustrating than checking a thread a couple times a day on a site you frequent.

My suggestion is wait until the end of preseason and draft between final preseason game and start of regular season. Do it in a thread/this thread if PM isn't applicable.

What's blatantly obvious is this draft will have nowhere near full participation any other way. That, coupled with the fact we'd be drafting blind & fading preseason injuries has to be more frustrating than checking a thread a couple times a day on a site you frequent.

the fantasy basketball draft we did via pm last year took 18 days. The first game of the season is september 9th the last preseason game is september 2nd. It's not feasible to have a 15 round draft in 6 days.

we wouldnt finish.

Ok let's go with a poll here and see what everyone wants.....

Lets just do it already. Its a freaking game! we arent playing for $$$. Who cares if 1 or 2 get injured in the preseason, you add another player and go on. I dont understand all this "wait, I want to see who does better or who gets injured". Just pick your players and leave it!

Lets just do it already. Its a freaking game! we arent playing for $$$. Who cares if 1 or 2 get injured in the preseason, you add another player and go on. I dont understand all this "wait, I want to see who does better or who gets injured". Just pick your players and leave it!