Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

I missed a bunch but here's the jist of things

"i dont think its a forgone conclusion. I don't think New Orleans is required to trade him or trade him to a team of his choice... new management, new coach, they're going to need time. The teams that chris wants to play for like orlando, orlando being the only team that intersects his list and a team that can give value back... Smartest thing they could have done, everything's fine... thats the front they have to put out there. If everyone thinks hes being traded you're going to get bombarded with garbage deals. In their mind the folks I've talked to in new orleans still believe they can sell chris on their vision. (will they trade him now? or during the season? which is better?) The best time to trade him is when you get the best deal. Sometimes that's during the summer but it really depends on the other teams..."

then he talked miami stuff...

Shaq stuff...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

I missed a bunch but here's the jist of things

"i dont think its a forgone conclusion. I don't think New Orleans is required to trade him or trade him to a team of his choice... new management, new coach, they're going to need time. The teams that chris wants to play for like orlando, orlando being the only team that intersects his list and a team that can give value back... Smartest thing they could have done, everything's fine... thats the front they have to put out there. If everyone thinks hes being traded you're going to get bombarded with garbage deals. In their mind the folks I've talked to in new orleans still believe they can sell chris on their vision. (will they trade him now? or during the season? which is better?) The best time to trade him is when you get the best deal. Sometimes that's during the summer but it really depends on the other teams..."

then he talked miami stuff...

Shaq stuff...

I listened to all of it, and he flat out said that the Magic was the only team at this time that seemed to have what it would take to make NO and Chris Paul happy. Here we go again!

quote:

mmc554.jpg

This summarizes exactly what Berger said on the Jim Rome show that anyone here would care about.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

mmc554.jpg

This summarizes exactly what Berger said on the Jim Rome show that anyone here would care about.

I was going to basically post this in the *ahem* REAL Chris Paul thread.

What team below makes every list?

Original CP3 Wish List: New York Knicks, Orlando Magic.

Revised CP3 Wish List: Orlando Magic, New York Knicks, Dallas Mavericks, Portland Trailblazers (Dallas & Portland just rumored, they may have been just making trade offers).

Reported list of teams New Orleans is considering trading to: Orlando Magic, Charlotte Bobcats, New Jersey Nets, and definitely NO team in the West.

**IF** it happens at all, it looks like the Magic and Knicks (post-Dec. 15th) are the clear favorites in this thing.

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

They only thing is that NO doesn't want or need Jameer, which again, is where the 3rd team comes in.

so maybe send meer and emeka to that 3rd team?

*hopes*

Well, I'd take Emeka if we lose Gortat. I believe we would actually be upgrading our bench by swapping the 2. I liked otis_smith's trade proposal a lot and I'd be very very excited with that trade

Share Updated: July 27, 2010, 8:49 PM ET

Paul refrains from denying trade interest

NEW ORLEANS -- Chris Paul jumped at the chance to express his love for New Orleans during his annual youth basketball camp on Tuesday.

Only the subject of his future with the Hornets gave him pause.

Paul said his meeting with Hornets general manager Dell Demps, head coach Monty Williams and team president Hugh Weber on Monday "went really well." He added that he was "excited" by Williams' approach to coaching.

Paul even went so far as to say he's "never been able to envision" continuing his NBA career anywhere but New Orleans, the city where he became an NBA All-Star, the face of his franchise and one of the most popular figures in the community.

And yet, when given the chance to say without reservation that he did not want to be traded, Paul said now was not the time.

"There will be a time," Paul said, trying repeatedly to turn the focus of his comments back to his work in the community and his camp at Tulane University.

"I stay committed to the city of New Orleans," Paul said. "Everything else we talked about [in Monday's meeting with the club], like Mr. Demps said, we want to keep some of that stuff private."

Across town, the Hornets were holding an event to formally introduce Demps, a first-time general manager whose first order of business has been to prove to Paul that the Hornets can become a contender quickly.

Paul has two years remaining before he can opt out of his current contract with New Orleans.

However, in recent weeks, Paul has said he wants to play for a team that could compete for a title right away and would welcome a trade if the Hornets were unable to make significant improvements this offseason.

Demps sought to make it clear that the team is not interested in entertaining trade offers for Paul and that he hoped any skepticism of the team's ability to appease their star guard would subside over time.

"I don't know what else I could do," Demps said. "As an organization, I think we're looking forward to Chris leading us and we're looking forward to putting pieces around him. I'm excited about it and he seems excited."

Williams, meanwhile, defended Paul's stance on wanting to play for a winner and brushed aside the notion that the Hornets could wind up stuck with a disgruntled superstar if they refuse to entertain any trade offers for him.

"That's not in his nature. Anybody who tries to label him that way, I won't stand for that," Williams said. "He's not a disgruntled star. He's not a disgruntled anything. ... I've played with guys who don't care about losing and they make me sick, sitting in a locker room with a guy who doesn't care about the outcome of a game. To me, if you have a guy like Chris in your locker room, who is that passionate about winning, what more can you ask for?"

If anything, Williams said, Paul has said more to indicate a willingness to give the Hornets' new regime a chance than he has to provide the impression he wants out.

"I believe he wants to be here. He hasn't told me otherwise," Williams said. "He has never demanded a trade. He has always talked about how excited he is to play for me. We've gone over offensive schemes, things he thinks works well and what doesn't work well. Things change, obviously. But to this point, I haven't heard him say anything about leaving New Orleans. All I've heard is that he is excited about the team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5415294

Go Magic!!!

I posted this in the other thread as well but here is the actual interview:

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

width="470"

height="288"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

/>

/>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

width="470"

height="288"

src="http://www.wwltv.com/v/?i=99321359"

/>

Here's a direct link to the video if anybody is having problems viewing the embedded version.