Sign in to follow this  
Magicians1378

Can Okafor play the 4?

First off why do you people keep saying offensively as good as Bass?? His offensive game is not that good! He's never averaged more than 10 points per game, rebounding is weak even when he gets mins as he did in Dallas. Let it go Okafor game is way ahead of his and he can play the 4! Stop getting caught up in the numbers. Both are post positions mainly but some teams like us stretch it depending on the player, It would be just a matter of him being able to play with Howard. **** LA makes it work with two post players, Bynum and Gasol so why can't we??? I want Okafor. Okafor and Dwight muscle, defense and rebouding inside with the smooth shooting from Lewis, Paul and Richardson would be something to reckon with!

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

First off why do you people keep saying offensively as good as Bass?? His offensive game is not that good! He's never averaged more than 10 points per game, rebounding is weak even when he gets mins as he did in Dallas. Let it go Okafor game is way ahead of his and he can play the 4! Stop getting caught up in the numbers. Both are post positions mainly but some teams like us stretch it depending on the player, It would be just a matter of him being able to play with Howard. **** LA makes it work with two post players, Bynum and Gasol so why can't we??? I want Okafor. Okafor and Dwight muscle, defense and rebouding inside with the smooth shooting from Lewis, Paul and Richardson would be something to reckon with!

somebody doesn't know what "at least" means...

Okafor and Howard would not work. This comapres to Shaq and Elden Campbell on the Lakers. Those two could not play together because they occupied the block.

Also not only would we have to put up with Hack-a-Howard but now we would had Hack-a-For to it as well.

Best thing is to find a 3rd team willing to take Okafors contract and throw in Fran as a big Thank you. Minnesota could help us out. Fran would then come over with Rubio to the T-Wolves to play together.

quote:
Originally posted by gigapika:

do we really have to trade somebody on our team??

No, but if we have oportunity to land CP3 hell yes. If we could dump Okafor somewhere lets to it for sure, if not question how much Devos is willing to pay.

Lakers probably won't get any worse for next 3 years, and the east alone. Boston showed they're still dangerous. Heat will be a nightmare, even if not in first season for sure in next 3 years, Bulls are gonna be very dangerous contender and what if NY land Melo in future ?

quote:

Unfortunately, I only saw 1 of his games last year, so I couldn't even guess if he could potentially play anything besides center. All I really know are his stats: 10.4 ppg, 9 rpg, & 1.5 bpg. Is he quick enough? Can he hit midrange jumpers at all? Thoughts?

hey... his name is okafor... not okafive.....

Rashard Happy

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

Unfortunately, I only saw 1 of his games last year, so I couldn't even guess if he could potentially play anything besides center. All I really know are his stats: 10.4 ppg, 9 rpg, & 1.5 bpg. Is he quick enough? Can he hit midrange jumpers at all? Thoughts?

hey... his name is okafor... not okafive.....

Rashard Happy

I see what you did there

:svgenjoyspuns: