3. Steve Nash

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Chauncey Billups

6. Jason Kidd

7. Steph Curry

8. Derick Rose

9. Russel Westbrook

10. Tyreke Evans

You could put plenty of people at 10, including Jameer, so I guess it isn't horrible to assume he's a top 10 PG.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Steph Curry is better than Derick Rose, Derick Rose took more shots per game last year so the whole Steph Curry took more shots argument doesn't work... now does anybody want to present a valid reason for Derick Rose being better than the young Steph Curry?

You were talking about post all star break.

Post all star curry shot more than rose.

if you want to use full season then rose was the better player despite playing in a weaker offense.

You still don't understand the anomaly that is Golden State's offense. They played open pickup basketball and thats why they only won 26 games. Golden State had the fastest pace in the nba last season. They had 20 players play some minutes on their team and 11 averaged double figures.

Steph Curry had similar numbers to Reggie Williams, Coery Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Anthony Randolph, and Kelenna Azubuike when you account for the disparity in minutes.

Who's Reggie WIlliams you say? He's an undrafted D-League player who happened to have 8 20+ point games in 24 nba appearances.

But Curry had a 42 point game you say! Surely this puts him above the rest.

Sure, but lets look at the season highs for other players on the team.

Monta Ellis- 42; 45; 46

Maggette- 33; 33; 32; 32

Anthony Morrow- 35; 33

CJ Watson- 40

Anthony Tolliver- 34; 30

Anthony Randolph- 28; 23

Reggie Williams- 29; 28; 25

Chris Hunter- 22

Devean George- 21

Vladimir Radmanovic- 20

Ronny Turiaf- 15

Andris Biedrins- 12

Stephen Jackson-23; 21; 20

Kelenna Azubuike- 31; 22

Mikki Moore- 16; 13

Cartier Martin- 20; 16; 16

Coby Karl- 12; 10

So here's whats happening. Either Golden State has the greatest scouts in the world and happens to find multiple high-potential D-league players, or they just happen to play in an offense that showcases whatever player they feel like that night.

Is Curry better than the D-leaguers on Golden State? Absolutely!

Can you use his stats to compare him to other players on a traditional team thats actually trying to win? Absolutely not!

Guards/wings for Golden State last season were comparable to Quarterbacks on Texas Tech. They put up flashy stats because of the offense they play in, not because they are exceptionally talented.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Okay, I love Jameer... his leadership ability and passion for winning is huge for us, but he is not a top 10 PG. Chris Duhon averages more assists per game than him, enough said.

Oh and Deron Williams is arguably the best PG in the NBA, no way Steve Nash is still better than him.

OK, now I know you're just kidding around.

Saying "pg X is better than pg Y because pg X averages more assists" is roughly on par with saying "band X is better than band Y because band X's albums tend to have a higher number of songs than band Y's albums".

Nickelback albums have more songs per record than Led Zeppelin albums. Does that mean Nickelback isn't the worst band ever?

Lets test this through the scientific powers of "google search".

Is Nickelback the worst band ever?

Well, that search proves it.

The Bulls are like tenth in pace, so it's not like they are running a slowed down half court offense or anything. Also, Steph had Ellis on his team, like you mentioned... a prolific scorer... and Rose was the top scorer on his team, so he should have better stats.

I'd still take Steph over Rose, the kid shoots like 22% from range, and that is awful.

Oh and Reggie Williams is a stud, why can't the Magic call up better D-League players?

edit: Kris Kaman made the All-Star team over Monta Ellis, while Ellis put up 40+ three times, what a joke.

quote:

edit: Kris Kaman made the All-Star team over Monta Ellis, while Ellis put up 40+ three times, what a joke.

That's because the whole league knows that if you adjust Ellis's numbers for pace, he becomes an overrated chucker who turns the ball over a ton and can't defend.

@Gporter, you DO realize that the whole "when they're healthy they're better then Meer yeah...but theyre never healthy" argument fails because JAMEER ALWAYS GETS A LENGTHY INJURY.

but anyways I'll agree with you that Parker has slipped a lot. I like Hill better then Parker whenever I watch the Spurs.

but I'll stick by Devin Harris is a better all around PG then Meer despite his piss poor shooting, hes much more talented, bigger, FASTER omg is Devin fast, handles, passing, defense

I don't use Hollinger's pace calculations, because he's never posted how he calculates possessions. I prefer basketball-reference's numbers for just that reason.

It's also why I prefer offensive and defensive rating to his offensive and defensive efficiency stats. I can't/won't trust a stat when I can't even verify what it is.

But even in that link Chicago is still playing around 7 fewer possessions than Golden State. That's a GIGANTIC difference.

thug, what are you talking about? I never said anything about people being healthy, etc.... but you didn't answer my question though.

Do you think Vince Carter is better at basketball than Jameer Nelson?

DOM, can you put together a top 10 PG list?

edit: LMAO at the guys location above me.

quote:
Originally posted by AJdaJohnson:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

JAMEER ALWAYS GETS A LENGTHY INJURY.

I know. That midget is taking minutes away from a REAL point guard, AJ.

Rashard Happy

I see what you did here with your name and everything else and I love it.