Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

Just curious. I see the consensus opinion is that they would trade Nelson for CP3 in the blink of an eye. Nelson is improving. He came as a rookie and we've watched him grow. We witnesses what hes capable of during the playoffs. He's ultra clutch. A better shooter than CP3. The only difference is that CP3 is a much better passer and judging by his steals, maybe a slighly better defender. Although steals dont make you a good on ball defender.

How much better is CP3 than Nelson?

Nelson is better at week long team bonding get togethers, and CP3 is better at basketball. As the great Mike Bianchi once wrote, "He is the one who gets the team together in his hometown of Philadelphia during the offseason for a week of bonding, workouts and relaxation. You trade Jameer and you are changing the entire dynamic of the team." In conclusion, it is clear that Jameer is better.

there is no denying nelson is a great player, one of the better pgs in the league, certainly one of the best shoot-first pgs, our leader for the last few seasons and it is hard not to have strong attachment to the guy

BUT

chris paul is almost certainly the best pg in the nba and would improve us a lot so there is no real debate here

Nelson is a good player, Paul is a great player. Most people thought he should've been MVP a few years ago. I love Jameer, but it's business and we need to find a way to keep up with Miami.

Jameer has progressed nicely during his career with us and I love his game... that being said CP3 is the best PG in the league, and if he can be had without gutting our team it's a no-brainer!

As mentioned already on the thread, Nelson is a better shooter but Paul is what teams look for in a true PG. Paul has better court vision, he's a better passer, better defender, and IMO he makes smarter decisions with the basketball.

We have plenty of scorers as it is on the team and we need a PG who can maximize their potential. I honestly think Paul could turn Howard into a 25-28 ppg a night scorer. On another positive note, Jameer will be 29 soon while Paul just turned 25. Paul and Howard could play together and put a championship team on the floor year in and year out for the next 8-10 years.

I know Otis is wanting to be loyal to Jameer but he has to be smart and make the best career decision move. If you can get Okafor and Paul for Nelson and Carter I definitely think it'd be a win-win for both teams.