Sign in to follow this  
Audi

Your Best Magic Memories

Wanted to hear what fond memories you all have since being Orlando fans.

For me, I remember my grandfather used to take me to games. He had season tix - would have been courtside Sec. 111 Row L iirc.

We always went and ate at Ronnie's Resturaunt on Colonial before the games - that place was Magic itself. So amazing. Players used to eat there a lot too. I remember seeing Shaq in there often, and in my younger years Greg Kite and Skiles.

I think Ronnie's closed around '96 so after that we went to Arby's. Talk about a downgrade. But it was next to Circus-Circus night club and my grandfather would joke around and pull into the parking lot and say we were going in there to eat and I would get all nervous - haha.

Anyways, I remember my grandfather used to always park in the sketchiest yard-lot on Parramore. Looking back I would have told him he was nuts, but I think he always gave the people a couple extra bucks on top of the parking fee.

I don't remember much about the actual games except for:

1. The fat man

2. Getting a collectors card series at the door and studying the hell out of all the player's names, #'s, and stats

3. Thinking Greg Kite's baseline 'sweet jumper' was incredible

4. Being a huge fan of Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott, and Donald Royal.

The memory that really takes the cake happened when I was in middle school and went to a friend's birthday party at a game. Apparently his dad had connections and I was able to sit in a Skybox for one half and then move down to the floor for the other half. It was right behind those mechanical rotating sign bumpers and I was sitting next to Joey Fatone (and no, I didn't know who he was at the time I just knew he was famous since girls were getting his autograph every timeout). Sitting floorside really changed my whole perspective of the game. Being able to see how massive Shaq was and how smooth Penny was, to hear the teams communicate, players curse, grunt, etc...it just doesn't translate further up in the stands or on TV. Every kid should have the opportunity to sit courtside at least once in their life - it was incredible.

Also, more recently my bro and I getting on the jumbo-tron with our "3-TRUS" sign numerous times will be a fond Magic memory i'll always have.

I used to like going to 3D's downtown after the games..D-Scott and N-Anderson would come in after the games..Dennis would walk around to the tables and talk to everyone..

More recently me and my son were the ball captains and got to present the ball to Dwight and Meer the night Dwight was getting his trophy for the slam dunk contest.Dwight and Meer were really cool and we got some good pics with them..

man I have lots of fond memories of being a magic fan. even from the penny/shaq days. i was just a lil kid then..

but most recently I went to the magic/bulls game on my bday back in march.

thats the game magic pretty much blew out the bulls and the whole magic roster got some pt except for adonal foyle. i remember some drunk idiots starting a "we want foyle" chant and everyone chimed in. the 2nd time it started up dwight turned around and joined in as well. felt really great being a magic fan then.

i was really comfortable with this team the last 1/3 of the season. vince was playing well and bass was getting more pt. playoffs come and it goes downhill. vince reverts back into a bum, you're reminded what an awful point guard jameer is, and stan reverts back into the master of panic.

best moment by far was june 25 when Vince was traded to the Magic.

jus bein honest. Not saying it had us end up with a ring.

but I cant lie going back to that moment was the best moment for me. Wish I could go back to that.

NBA is almost officially dead to me now. thanx Miami and thanx Vince...stuck behind u since I was a child.

man so many memories. more amway arena moments come to mind right now, since hopefully some of the best magic moments of my life may very well not have come yet.

Game 2 of 2010 ECF: crap garbage tickets, and didnt care. being in that building then was epic. it was really loud, and i remember most the celtics fans around me and vince missing those free throws.

Feb 2010 VC scores 48: scored excellent tix to this game outta nowhere (like row l 122, center crt). watching vince score 48 and then that alleyoop to dwight right in the middle of the lane that i have seen on gatorade commercials. standing up when i saw that play develop, my hair stood on end and a shiver that this game was going to be unreal.

too many more single events to list. the feeling after >shaw left, losing to rockets in 95 finals, or dwight being drafted over okafor, i love this team and hope to fall deeper into despair in 2010-11

inb4 vc15homer

I remember when i first became a basketball fan, but more importantly a Magic fan.

I just moved over from Guyana to Orlando Fl...(back in the old country Cricket was the game) anyway i turned on the television and the Orlando Magic were playing the Seattle Sonics...it was more of a fast paced game compared to cricket...so anyway i decided to watch...excitingly the game came down to the last possession and ironically Hedo hit the Gamewinner over Rashard! Been a Magic Fan Ever Since!!! I Bleed Blue and White!!!

I think the best game I've attended so far which was the one against Boston 2 seasons ago that Hedo made a 3 and we won the game. The arena was half blue, half green and they were going back and forth. Boston scored at the end of the game and the arena seemed to have gone completely green, but the Hedo made a heck of a shot.

I think what made this even better is that my wife was complaining about going to the game and she had a blast and the game was terrific.

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpo0NyBeLA&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

Best moment ever: Daniel Orton will break a backboard next year. MORE FOOTAGE TO COME!

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

width="480"

height="385"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisWT00SeLw&hl=de_DE&fs=1"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisWT00SeLw&hl=de_DE&fs=1"

width="480"

height="385"

/>

1.) magic drafting shaq

2.)being down in orlando on vacation, before i moved to orlando, and getting two free tickets to go to a game which ended up being the magic clinching their first ever playoff bid...and watching shaq and everyone celebrate on the floor.

So many good moments can't really choose a favorite. The most memorable tough is after winning the ECF last year and going down to Chruch Street and the Chaos!!! Unreal

Magic Fan

The Magic Drafting Shaq was when everything started for me, a friend gave my wife and I tickets like 2 rows from the court, our first game and we were amazed! I remember my wife yelling at Horace grant shoot shot when the clock was ticking down to 2 seconds and he did , my wife said , you think he heard me I said sure why not....We just had a ball at our first game...but I can't stand Shaq now too bad