Sign in to follow this  
vc15dunker15

If VC stays... expect a different VC.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Even his best game wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination.

Notice how we win when Vince does bad? We need him here, if for nothing else, to do bad so we can win.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Carter tried to drive a couple of times against Boston, and they were very physical with him. he didn't get the calls, and he just stopped. He gave up instead of forcing the issue. I would have liked to see him force the issue, or wait a while, until they started getting the benefit of the whistle, then start forcing the issue.

I thought the exhange where he got knocked down, limped a little, and Stan ignored him, refusing to make eye contact and bring him out of the game (which ever game that was), was particularly telling.

I saw nothing out of Vince this past season that would give me reason to expect a significantly better Vince to show up next season. Nothing. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets it figured out, which I think he can (since I believe his issue is mental), but I don't think he will.

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls.

The Charlotte Bobcats, especially the first game. They drove and kept driving in the first half only to get completely destroyed by Howard (9 blocks), but did they stop in the 2nd half? No. The refs started to call the game tighter and call more fouls, and they continued to drive and started to get calls their way. They forced the issue and that's what got them back in the game.

You said "the charlotte bobcats", right? That means they did it as a TEAM, right? I wonder why orlando didn't so the same thing. Why don't you talk more about what this TEAM failed to do.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

Even his best game wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination.

Notice how we win when Vince does bad? We need him here, if for nothing else, to do bad so we can win.

lollllllllllllllllll

quote:

quote:

quote:

Carter tried to drive a couple of times against Boston, and they were very physical with him. he didn't get the calls, and he just stopped. He gave up instead of forcing the issue. I would have liked to see him force the issue, or wait a while, until they started getting the benefit of the whistle, then start forcing the issue.

I thought the exhange where he got knocked down, limped a little, and Stan ignored him, refusing to make eye contact and bring him out of the game (which ever game that was), was particularly telling.

I saw nothing out of Vince this past season that would give me reason to expect a significantly better Vince to show up next season. Nothing. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets it figured out, which I think he can (since I believe his issue is mental), but I don't think he will.

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls. its not like he took a lot of shots. he didnt. in the first game yeah, but he was 50 percent. you have to use him in the post if his shot is not falling. he can post paul or ray up. they didnt use him like that. so what was he supposed to do, if his shot was not falling. what else could rashard do, when his shot wasnt falling.

Take better jump shots. Focus on defense more (like Rashard did against KG). Do SOMETHING. It seems like Carter sometimes checks out if things don't go his way.

big difference between checking kg and checking paul pierce or ray allen. kg wasnt posting shard up and he aint taking me off the dribble.

quote:
Originally posted by vc15dunker15:

In years past Vince's best play has been seen during his contract year (like most other athletes) and this upcoming season Vince will be playing for a new contract or at least the hope to stick with the Orlando Magic for an extra season.

Even if VC has a great season I expect the Magic to decline the team option and work on a new short term and wayy cheaper contract... this is if VC has a good season.

What are your thoughts?

He is on the decline of his career and showed us exactly that this past year. I would be extremely surprised to see a significant improvement this year.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls.

The Charlotte Bobcats, especially the first game. They drove and kept driving in the first half only to get completely destroyed by Howard (9 blocks), but did they stop in the 2nd half? No. The refs started to call the game tighter and call more fouls, and they continued to drive and started to get calls their way. They forced the issue and that's what got them back in the game.

You said "the charlotte bobcats", right? That means they did it as a TEAM, right? I wonder why orlando didn't so the same thing.

Good point, but keep it to yourself...not sure we want the Magic getting any ideas that they need to start playing like the Charlotte Bobcats.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

quote:

In years past Vince's best play has been seen during his contract year (like most other athletes) and this upcoming season Vince will be playing for a new contract or at least the hope to stick with the Orlando Magic for an extra season.

Even if VC has a great season I expect the Magic to decline the team option and work on a new short term and wayy cheaper contract... this is if VC has a good season.

What are your thoughts?

He is on the decline of his career and showed us exactly that this past year. I would be extremely surprised to see a significant improvement this year.

yeah im really sure you thought that when he was teaming up with dwight for highlight after higlight when the magic were the best team. and im sure you really thought that when we played atlanta.

quote:

ogx4k7.png Even his best game wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination.

And I think the fouls in those game are very telling on how many times he made a boneheaded mistake.

hmmmmmmm can you put the atlanta stats up there. especially in game 4 when he brought us back. i see you put the worst, but please post the atlanta series.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Maybe I have crazy patience from being a Magic fan for so long, but I'm all for gambling on Vince for another season. I'd be just fine if he brought us CP3 or Danny Granger or something, but I just don't see it happening.

I haven't closely examined the market or anything, but unless a team wants to give us a gift because they're rebuilding (Pao, Jamison, or the CP3 deal that won't happen) then I don't think we're going to get a better play maker/starter than Vince.

I'm not down with him getting all the blame that he is and everyone giving up so quickly after one season. We were the best team in basketball for a few months or close to it until that Boston series, and that series was just as much if not more so, the fault of Dwight and Jameer.

Yeah Vince missed free throws, but we were still hoping for a miracle if he made both of them. Also, it wasn't Vince's fault that JJ wasted clock and didn't even advance the ball. It wasn't Vince's fault when Dwight and Jameer played like d-leaguers on multiple occasions either.

Basically, I think/hope this team learned a lot from that Boston series about the mentality/desire that it takes to win a championship.

Otis has filled some holes nicely and I this team playing together for another year will be a favorite to win it all. If the Heat learn how to play together and mesh as well as I hope they don't then nothing we can do with Vince is going to make a difference.

Give Vince another chance Otis.

haha this is kind of ridiculous lol. Dwight is the only reason in hell that we even won 2 games. Vince Carter was god awful every single game except for game 1 I think so thats just nonsense. As for JJ wasting clock we were still down by 3. We would of had to make a tough shot anyways and that was 1 game. Again Vince Carter was bad all series.

And as for dwight ever playing like a D-Leaguer....I BET

quote:

quote:

ogx4k7.png Even his best game wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination.

And I think the fouls in those game are very telling on how many times he made a boneheaded mistake.

hmmmmmmm can you put the atlanta stats up there. especially in game 4 when he brought us back. i see you put the worst, but please post the atlanta series.

awesome. so now 1 good game defends how many bad ones? Is that really how far vince has dropped?

quote:

quote:

So his missing in action against Boston doesn't count. That sounds like what your saying.

quote:

****! I just started this thread to talk about something while the months go by and the season starts... but for one of you guys to call me a VC HOMER it's kind of out line.

I've actually criticized Carter harden than many of you guys especially because I spent thousand of dollars going to the ECF here in Boston and he let me down tremendously and overall SUCKED in that series, but overall he had a way better season than Lewis, Nelson (except the Playoffs).

Vince will always be criticized for the way he is he is just a nice person who does not have Kobe's killer instinc, but he is a player who plays for the Magic and until that chances at least wish the man good luck next season and hope he plays better.

Also, the reason why VC has struggled is because he is not the primare ball handler as he was in NJ and Toronto... if you noticed when the offense was run through him he had decent games with a nice number of assists, but to be honest he is not a player you want to pair with Jameer Nelson (who'm I like a lot) but they simply do not fit in as they both need the ball in their hands to succeed.

Im done .... lol

OH! Poor Vince! What a unfair world!

So the problem that vince can