Sign in to follow this  
DustinMyselfOff

I think what we see is what we're gonna get.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

quote:
Originally posted by St3althW4rrior:

C-Dwight/Gortat/Orton

PF-Anderson/Bass/Robinson

SF-Rashard/Pietrus

SG-Carter/Redick

PG-Nelson/Duhon

Ah yes. I forgot Mr. Anderson. Still though. I don't see many moves in our future.

free agency started a whopping 10 days ago and you're going to say that we won't be making many moves...

the season is still months away and plenty of teams can get better in those months. it's not like teams can only get significantly better within the first week of free agency or that a big impact trade can only happen in the first week of july.

I know when free agency started. I know when the season starts. What's your point?

I'm not saying "If we were going to make a big move we would have already." I'm saying, "I don't care how long free agency has been/will be going on, I don't think we'll be making a move." And, "I think any moves we make will be minor/predictable/safe moves" (i.e. the resigning of Reddick and potentially Barnes).

Maybe at the trade deadline something big will happen. I doubt it though. Otis has a habit of letting valuable pieces sit until they become less valuable. Maybe just letting Vince's contract run itself out is the plan to get the total team salary down.

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

quote:
Originally posted by magic1:

Regular season van gundy is alright. But come the post season you have to make agjustments according to who you are playing and how the team chemistry is going at that moment. I just don't think van gundy is capable of making the right decisions come the key critical moments it has happened two years in a row.

Van gundy just doesn't know how to use his personnel to the best of their abilities...He's great Defensive mind but his Offensive Schemes isn't up to par...The Stretch 4 Offense is very effective but IMO we need to add more wrinkles to make it more effective...I mean we have a post option and we more or less have a perimeter option but with that in recent years our offense is becoming Predictable...There are always those droughts that we go through where for 3 or 4 minutes where we take countless 3's but we don't hit them but instead of making adjustments what do we do? shoot more 3's...I think we need to add the Mid-range Game to our offense maybe centered around VC cause he is/was one of the best Mid-range shooters in the game and our offense completly took that away from him

We don't really have to change the way we play offense we just have to add more wrinkles to it and it all starts with SVG...he needs to get back to the drawing board and come up with some stuff and he needs to learn how to utilize his Player better....I can still Remember the game where Shard refused to go back into the game because Ryan was hot and i was SOOO pissed at SVG at the thought of taking out someone with the hot hand

BAM! right on the mark. That is exactly the problem. That is why Celtics destroyed us. And the two games we won was done because we changed things up.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Do you people ever just think that we didn't win it all because we just weren't better? All you argue about is how SVG should've done this or that. How about realizing that there are two teams on the floor, and the Celtics were the better one. It sucks, but there can be only one champion every year, and it doesn't have to be us.

I want a championship more than anything and I'm real hungry for one. But we need upgrades on the roster, the perimeter to be exact, in order to win a title. Especially with the Heat being a super team.

Yes Miller, but that would actually be the logical thing to do. I would much rather have knee jerk reactions, ignore what really happened, and just come up with my own asinine and opinionated conclusion as to what happened. That way three people can agree with me and I can feel good inside.

Feels good, man.

I would agree with you. But I actually thought team in the league when we were runners up. And last season that we were only second to Cavs. But hey look where they ended up. So then it becomes talks about how the 'pieces' of the puzzle should / could have been used better. Man I love Van Gundy's Coaching, on defense. He is one of the best in the league at that. His Offense and In-game decision making is lackluster though. He makes decisions to late in games......etc. (see some of the above comments)

Oh and I will say. We could be heaps worse off. There are a lot of coaches that are not nearly as good as Gundy. My fav coaches are Brooks and Skiles....Would be awesome if either where coach of Magic

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

svg is pretty brain dead when it comes to offense........

not as brain dead as mike brown but brain dead nonetheless

It would be nice if you could post something nice about the Magic and if you can't just don't. I honestly don't even know why you are posting here you seem to hate everything about the Magic.

Is it just me or do other people see the same thing?!

HAHA, he has been told this so many times. If there was an award for the biggest sad sack on this forum he would win handsdown.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic4Ever-more:

quote:
Originally posted by joezstuff:

You MVP guys kill me, you knock the little guys with all your stupid pictures,and you think that your the god of basketball, Give me a break when you blame SVG. He is the best coach that we have had. Everyone makes mistakes, why don't you blame the front office!

All these guys on the site that are here 24-7 this is the only life you know....

I come here to hear what the little guys says and you guys are either mocking them like you are the kings of the Blogs....Give me a break!

Don't even start by blaming SVG. Your way off base.

And get a job!

I agree, SVG is a great coach if not the best the Magic ever had. As good a job as Otis has done at putting complimentary players around Dwight, he failed to recognize that the Summer of 2010 would be the best opportunity to pair aonther superstar around Dwight. But then again, would the fans have been patient enough to wait why he freed up cap space in the "win now" world we live in?

A lot of the people on here give Stan all the cred for the Magics success, you have to give otis the same amount, he did put the team together.

Also How many teams made space for this years class of FA's? 4-6 maybe....

Even if we did not sign Lewis to his contract we still would have been over the cap. And with out Lewis we would have not had nearly any of this success.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

svg is pretty brain dead when it comes to offense........

not as brain dead as mike brown but brain dead nonetheless

It would be nice if you could post something nice about the Magic and if you can't just don't. I honestly don't even know why you are posting here you seem to hate everything about the Magic.

Is it just me or do other people see the same thing?!

i'm the most positive magic fan in here.

I praise this team when they deserve it and i criticize them when they deserve it. why sit around and ignore their flaws?

I criticize stan van gundy because I think he's a terrible coach. I've criticized him the same way everyone criticizes vince carter.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Im all in for having Anderson at the 4 or just keeping the roster on how it is.

I did like the way he started the season when Lewis was out. If he could play with that form, confidence and shooting %. Then why not? Would make us look like we were when we had turk, but at least we know that Anderson is not as lazy and turk and plays hard the whole game.