otis_smith

Expect Gortat to be traded Tuesday

quote:
Originally posted by iicybershotii:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

I agree with you on almost everything you wrote... my main argument was that Jefferson and Howard are NOT similar players... in fact you just gave like 10 ways they are extremely different players. Far from "redundant", as you put it. Maybe you should try reading my post again and not putting so much emotion into your's.

No, I they're still very similar because they take up the same space at the low post. The only real difference is that Jefferson is less efficient at it and goes out of his comfort zone way too much.

That's basically like saying Bynum and Gasol are redundant. And Dwight and Jefferson are even more different than those two.

Did you really just say that?

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

You are crazy if you think this two monsters wouldn't compliment each other on the paint, it would be very scary for opposing teams to drive the lane, and Jefferson does have game around the basket.

No, it would be like putting JJ Redick on the court with Ray Allen. Pointless. You're putting two players out on the court that do nearly the same thing, except that one is better at it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree with you on almost everything you wrote... my main argument was that Jefferson and Howard are NOT similar players... in fact you just gave like 10 ways they are extremely different players. Far from "redundant", as you put it. Maybe you should try reading my post again and not putting so much emotion into your's.

No, I they're still very similar because they take up the same space at the low post. The only real difference is that Jefferson is less efficient at it and goes out of his comfort zone way too much.

That's basically like saying Bynum and Gasol are redundant. And Dwight and Jefferson are even more different than those two.

Jareth, ban me for the one trade I've heard about from my source but not ban anyone else for when their trades don't come to fruition?

Look, we have inquired about Al Jefferson and want Corey Brewer as well. Right now, it looks as though a trade with Gortat, and i agree it doesnt' make sense from Min. perspective, looks as though it will go down. When my source tells me more, I will let you know.

Jareth "i guess I like dudes then"...why? why say that?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

If JJ played for the Timberwolves this year, how many win shares do you think he would've had? Your comparisons are not logical. You don't want Jefferson on this team, and I respect your opinion, but you're throwin' a lot of stuff out there that diminishes your credibility.

Actually, if JJ played for the Timberwolves, with his numbers this year, he would've had nearly as many win shares (18.2) as LeBron did (18.5).

I'm going to save this one. Thanks for the fodder.

Al Jefferson stats from NBA Hotspots http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

at basket = 340/547 .622

midrange = 173/445 .390

outside (non 3pt) = 34/106 .320

3pt = 0/1 .000

Dwight Howard:

at basket = 462/707 .653

midrange = 43/111 .390

outside = 1/3 .333

3pt = 0/2 .000

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're going to have to explain yourself. I could make assumptions, but I'll let you dig yourself another hole.

quote:

quote:

quote:

If JJ played for the Timberwolves this year, how many win shares do you think he would've had? Your comparisons are not logical. You don't want Jefferson on this team, and I respect your opinion, but you're throwin' a lot of stuff out there that diminishes your credibility.

Actually, if JJ played for the Timberwolves, with his numbers this year, he would've had nearly as many win shares (18.2) as LeBron did (18.5).

I'm going to save this one. Thanks for the fodder.

You should. Keep in mind the Wolves played at a higher pace and that helps JJ's numbers greatly. Granted his numbers would definitely be different if he played on that team, they would certainly be better than Jefferson's.

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

Al Jefferson stats from NBA Hotspots http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

at basket = 340/547 .622

midrange = 173/445 .390

outside (non 3pt) = 34/106 .320

3pt = 0/1 .000

Dwight Howard:

at basket = 462/707 .653

midrange = 43/111 .390

outside = 1/3 .333

3pt = 0/2 .000

Right, Jefferson shoots outside of his comfort zone nearly 4x more than Howard shooting at the same percentage, isn't as good finishing at the rim, and took 106 more shots he shouldn't have taken.

But you still don't understand both of these guys get position down low at around the same spot. What they do with the ball afterwards is different, since Howard goes to the rim much more often, draws a lot more fouls, and doesn't settle for shots.

Is this really that hard to get? Gasol and Bynum are nowhere near the same players. Gasol can go as far as the elbow (where he usually catches the ball) and most of his set plays involve either passing it out or creating on his own. Gasol actually does not catch the ball way down low, whereas Bynum HAS to because he doesn't have the range of Gasol.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Jareth, ban me for the one trade I've heard about from my source but not ban anyone else for when their trades don't come to fruition?

Look, we have inquired about Al Jefferson and want Corey Brewer as well. Right now, it looks as though a trade with Gortat, and i agree it doesnt' make sense from Min. perspective, looks as though it will go down. When my source tells me more, I will let you know.

Jareth "i guess I like dudes then"...why? why say that?

Jareth is a doof. He will probably ban you for saying that.

Al Jefferson Hollinger info:

"Jefferson made all this a moot point by tearing his ACL in early February 2008" *contract for us would be beginning 2010 14M/15M/16M ...PER pre injury 23.16 and post injury 19.03

"He also exhibits a weakness for 15-foot jumpers, making only 38.0 percent of his long 2s while trying more than two a game."

"great footwork near the basket and a wide frame that allows him to get deep post position on his preferred left block ... He likes to use a baby hook shot that he half shoots and half throws and has a great touch on it out to about 10 ft"

"His two best moves are a quick duck-in he makes going to his right from the left block and a wicked drop step to the baseline that he'll use as a counter.

my insider sources are telling me gortat is not going to the wolves.

instead it will be a 3 team deal involving the wizards and the 76ers

Orlando in: Iggy

Orlando out: Gortat, Bass

Washington in: Brand

Washington out: Arenas

Philadelphia in: Arenas, Gortat, Bass

Philadelphia out: Iggy

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=26t52d3

AMIRITE?!