Sign in to follow this  
InsideoutO

could Florida have two big 3's next year?

I remember hearing alot about the 2008 olympic pact for the redeem team joining the same team in the NBA to make a super team. Since Miami has pretty much done this with Wade-Bron-Bosh I could see Orlando having the best shot at being the other NBA team to pull this off.

VC and Melo come off the books next year, I know with our cap issues an outright freeagency signing doesnt seem possible. but what about a SnT with VC and possibly Meer or Duhon? Billups is on his way out age wise and Denver could use a young PG. I am sure they would rather walk away with a young PG and VC on a one year at a reasonable price.

If NO looks like they are expected next year CP3 could be ready to demand a trade. with Collison proving he is a capable NBA point maybe we could work out a trade involving CP3 and Shard with whatever it takes as fillers to make the trade happen if it means giving them cap relief in other places.

Of course VC and Shard could be switched as far as who is traded where but if the Miami big three pans out I think we will see another big three emerge and I think Orlando is the prime spot with Dwight as our center piece and the Max guys we have that we can use in SnT and trade. Also we already have a good supporting cast and bench that would imo put us far ahead of Miami in terms of team depth.

Have you ever heard of Ty Lawson?

Lay off the crack pipe and enjoy life. By enjoy life, I mean don't watch the Magic in the near future...

The other team I could see pulling off a big three is the Knick. With Sterns help I could see Melo signing next year with them already having Amare and the cap space They could easily add Melo and another all-star.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Have you ever heard of Ty Lawson?

Lay off the crack pipe and enjoy life. By enjoy life, I mean don't watch the Magic in the near future...

Forgot they picked up Lawson. I still could see them looking for a proven NBA PG on top of the other tradeable pieces we have.

Melo is a FA next year. If Denver stands to lose him for nothing and Melo demands Orlando then we will see Denver willing to take anything reasonable we give them. Shard may fit nicely with them.

Heck if we picked up CP3 at the deadline for VC then land Melo next year that would be even better. Give CP3 a half season and full summer to fully learn our system then give him a true wing weapon in Melo...

A PG like CP3 makes everyone around him better by leaps and bounds. Imagine Dwight getting the ball right where he wants it every single time he gets position. Then you throw Melo into the already well oiled Magic offense run by CP3.

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Melo is a FA next year. If Denver stands to lose him for nothing and Melo demands Orlando then we will see Denver willing to take anything reasonable we give them. Shard may fit nicely with them.

Heck if we picked up CP3 at the deadline for VC then land Melo next year that would be even better. Give CP3 a half season and full summer to fully learn our system then give him a true wing weapon in Melo...

A PG like CP3 makes everyone around him better by leaps and bounds. Imagine Dwight getting the ball right where he wants it every single time he gets position. Then you throw Melo into the already well oiled Magic offense run by CP3.

depending on how denvers season is playing out at the deadline i wouldn't be surprised if we pick him up..

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:

depending on how denvers season is playing out at the deadline i wouldn't be surprised if we pick him up..

Correct me if im wrong but since he is a free agent can we resign him to a max deal? Or do we have to get him in a SnT? This was my main reasoning behind him being picked up in the off season. Denver has the cap space to resign him and then ship him to us in a SnT.

Also I think CP3-Melo-D12 is a much more effective 3 then Wade-Bron-Bosh. The best PG in the league with a top 5 Wing and the best Ceneter. teams wouldnt be able to double CP3 because of his passing ability and doubling Melo or even coming with help defense on penetration would leave a hole in the paint for Dwight.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:

Correct me if im wrong but since he is a free agent can we resign him to a max deal? Or do we have to get him in a SnT? This was my main reasoning behind him being picked up in the off season. Denver has the cap space to resign him and then ship him to us in a SnT.

Also I think CP3-Melo-D12 is a much more effective 3 then Wade-Bron-Bosh. The best PG in the league with a top 5 Wing and the best Ceneter. teams wouldnt be able to double CP3 because of his passing ability and doubling Melo or even coming with help defense on penetration would leave a hole in the paint for Dwight.

Melo would have to be Nuggets SnT or trade before 2011 deadline.

But Shard is not resonable, his grossly overpaid contract for sure isn't. Forget about trading him to anyone and with new CBA coming, a true mission imposible. Not sure about fitting neither. They would be much better with just letting Melo walk than taking Shard.

Trade VC+Duhon almost same as getting Melo walk, really no gain.

About CP3 there were rumors about Hornets owner not agreeing to trade him, later strong statements from their president and CP3 himself about staing in NO so it's looking like he's not up for grabs right now and can't be sure when and if he will (and if, then it would be with additional heavy Okafor tagged luggage)

If CP3 starts being vocal this season about wanting to be moved I think NO will have its hand forced. In this case if say we took Okafor and CP3 then maybe we could send Shard to them.

Since it looks like we are going to match on JJ that gives us a few very nice trade pieces. Gortat, JJ, RA, Bass are all expendable. If we pick up CP3 this puts Meer up for grabs I think with those 5 Especially Meer, JJ, and Gortat we have players with value and that fill different needs(bigs, PG, Shooter) So we have good throw ins for incentive in trading Shard and VC. If we take Okafor off NO's hands and send them Shard and Gortat I could see them moving on that. NO ends up with a starting center and a starting 3 and Collison steps in as the PG. They become imo a stronger team and unload Okafor for two guys who can plug right into there starting 5 and be effective. If CP3 demands a trade I think this ends up being a solid offer that works as far as numbers.