Sign in to follow this  
Magic2782

Magic GM thought LeBron was 'more of a competitor'

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

iggy=poor man's vince.

Somebody didn't watch the Magic this past season.

Somebody didn't watch Iggy last year. HE CAN'T SHOOT any better than VINCE

I HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE. but iggy averaged .5 point better in PPG, he shot 6% less than VC from the 3pt line and 1.5% better from the field. how many times you seen him play???? this dude is overrated...go look at the stats before you bash, bro..

Jareth, amirite?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

How would LeBron be "Pippen"? I'm failing to understand this. He's going to be the best player out of 3 all stars. I don't see the comparison. Because it won't be his team.

This is also very different from the Boston situation. These guys are going to be entering/in their primes, while the Celts had already passed theirs. The comparison to the Boston situation is LeBron is going to a team where he is the better player (like Garnett did), but it will stay the original player's (Pierce = Wade) team regardless. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Trey, you have to pick ONE situation. You can't say it'll be like the Pippen situation AND say it'll be like the KG situation.

quote:

quote:

How would LeBron be "Pippen"? I'm failing to understand this. He's going to be the best player out of 3 all stars. I don't see the comparison. Because it won't be his team.

This is also very different from the Boston situation. These guys are going to be entering/in their primes, while the Celts had already passed theirs. The comparison to the Boston situation is LeBron is going to a team where he is the better player (like Garnett did), but it will stay the original player's (Pierce = Wade) team regardless. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Oh, so you're arguing for something entirely pointless, saying "this is 'so-and-so's' team", and being insulting in the process. Gotcha.

trey and buttermilk, please, please go look at the stats first and then talk junk. I dont know why you guys think Iggy is so great. The dude is a poor man's vince carter.

How many times did you see him play a full game this year? Answer honestly.

If you think Iggy>>>>>>>>>Vince, then pass that to the left....

Half of you on this board want to make a trade just to make a trade. **** man, do you see these other people play or do you know them just by there name???

Let's be for real. For real though.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

Trey, you have to pick ONE situation. You can't say it'll be like the Pippen situation AND say it'll be like the KG situation.

Go back and read what I originally said to you. I said I agree that the "Garnett" tag is more accurate for him, but he is getting slapped with the "Pippen" tag, and that's not by just me. All the old players that are analysts now are saying it, the top trending topic on Twitter last night when LeBron made his announcement was "Scottie Pippen", do you know why?

I know analysts are dumb, and Twitter is Twitter. Who would care about such things? LeBron James does.

quote:

Let's be for real. For real though.

ya tho

but no tho

Yes, I will give you the fact Iggy is a better defender...But you all are making him out to be some GodSend. He's alright. If we get Iggy, you will want to trade him by the deadline, BECAUSE HE DOES NOT FIT OUR SYSTEM. THIS DUDE CAN'T SHOOT A 3 BETTER THAN VC, SHARD, OR MEER.

I watched philly play about 20ish games this year. He's good, but hes no superstar...

quote:

quote:

quote:

iggy=poor man's vince.

Somebody didn't watch the Magic this past season.

Somebody didn't watch Iggy last year. HE CAN'T SHOOT any better than VINCE

I HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE. but iggy averaged .5 point better in PPG, he shot 6% less than VC from the 3pt line and 1.5% better from the field. how many times you seen him play???? this dude is overrated...go look at the stats before you bash, bro..

Jareth, amirite?

Yeah, except Iggy is 100x the defender Wince was in his prime, gets to the line and to the rim much more frequently, is a better rebounder, better slasher, and better play maker (than current Wince).

Oh, not to mention that Iggy has played 486 games in 6 (regular season) years. He has missed 6 games in his ENTIRE 6 years. So, he is FAR MORE durable. Vince only had two seasons in his 11 year career where he played 82 games. Iggy already has 5 (in 2007 he missed 6 games).

The only thing Carter has on Iggy is 3pt shooting, and it doesn't help his case when he shot 23.5% from the 3pt line in all the 14 playoff games this season (and a playoff career 31.2% from 3)

quote:

Go back and read what I originally said to you. I said I agree that the "Garnett" tag is more accurate for him, but he is getting slapped with the "Pippen" tag, and that's not by just me. All the old players that are analysts now are saying it, the top trending topic on Twitter last night when LeBron made his announcement was "Scottie Pippen", do you know why?

I know analysts are dumb, and Twitter is Twitter. Who would care about such things? LeBron James does.

icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:

trey and buttermilk, please, please go look at the stats first and then talk junk. I dont know why you guys think Iggy is so great. The dude is a poor man's vince carter.

How many times did you see him play a full game this year? Answer honestly.

If you think Iggy>>>>>>>>>Vince, then pass that to the left....

I already used simple, NBA.com stats to prove my point. Please don't make me pull out basketball-reference/82games... ugh it's totally like my trap card