Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Denton: Van Gundy Wants Redick Back; Barnes Still Possible

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

do you think Barnes' minutes decreased because he was SUCKING AT DEFENSE AND COULDN'T SCORE TO SAVE HIS LIFE?

PS. Pietrus is still on this team, and he's as capable, slightly dumber, but capable.

ok you win - two summer league players are better than a 7 year NBA player who started for a 59 win team...sign em up

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:

do you think Barnes' minutes decreased because he was SUCKING AT DEFENSE AND COULDN'T SCORE TO SAVE HIS LIFE?

PS. Pietrus is still on this team, and he's as capable, slightly dumber, but capable.

ok you win - two summer league players are better than a 7 year NBA player who started for a 59 win team...sign em up

now you're changing the argument. it started out as barnes being easily replaceable and you're changing it to our summer league players being better.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:

now you're changing the argument. it started out as barnes being easily replaceable and you're changing it to our summer league players being better.

this is what i was responding to:

"you can probably easily replace Barnes with a tandem of Ewing, Jr and Stanley Robinson, and much cheaper I might add."

the word 'replace' means that you get at minimum = performance from those two right? Because i'm sure he wasn't saying: you could easily 'replace' Barnes with a midget wrestler, and much cheaper I might add. He gave a proposal for substitution that would net at minimum equal results.

Barnes was huge in the playoffs and very underrated in the regular season; the man deserves his pay day. Hopefully it will come in Orlando... Maybe his agent is smart enough to remind him that Florida has no state income tax.

quote:
Originally posted by Jameerical:

Barnes was huge in the playoffs and very underrated in the regular season; the man deserves his pay day. Hopefully it will come in Orlando... Maybe his agent is smart enough to remind him that Florida has no state income tax.

I wouldn't say huge.

Matt Barnes Round 1: 8.5/5.3/2 on 36% from the floor

Matt Barnes Round 2: 6.3/4.3/2.5 on 47% from the floor

Matt Barnes Round 3: 5.0/4.7/1 on 38% from the floor

That's 6.4 points, 4.7 boards, and 1.4 assists a game. He had Games of 2, 2, and 1 point against Boston, while not doing much defensively. If you want to blame it on injury, fine, but that doesn't bode well for a guy in his 30s if he is wearing down at the end of the year.

You guys are being ridiculous, Barnes was our best wing defender by far last season.

If MP just had half a brain, I wouldn't be so worried about losing Barnes.

*sigh*

I didn't think I'd miss Courtney Lee this much THIS soon...

Barnes is a good defender, but yeah: his talents aren't unique. I like his attitude, but if he leaves it won't be the end of the world.

He's been a journeyman his entire career, so far. Don't know why that would change now. He was a good pick-up, no question, but others can do what he did and maybe take a little pressure off the scoring of the other four players on the floor.

Someone that can score somewhere in the range of 8-10 points, 5 or so boards, and just get in people's faces on defense is good enough for me.