Sign in to follow this  
magicfanejc42

Chicago Signs Boozer, to target JJ Redick next

quote:
Originally posted by MMatthews77:

I don't think we're done yet. No free agent has signed anywhere.

quote:
OrlandoMagicPat free agency is just starting, not ending. LOTS of moves yet to be made, deals to be worked out. patience and prudence are necessary.

2 minutes ago via web

I agree, Otis is not done and nothing is set in stone!

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

We're gonna get Allen Iverson.

Book. It. Solid. In. The. Butt.

(???)

not long ago i would have said heck yeah to getting allen and losing jj for it. but now, i'm not so sure. it doesn't matter though whether we have jj or ray we need a power forward. and don't give me we have shard because it hasn't gotten us a title and won't next year either.

I'm a little worried... We are about to lose our trade exception, Matt Barnes, and maybe JJ. With Barnes gone...do we just go ahead and start Peaches? Then who the heck is our back up SF? Is Lewis going back to his natural SF position and then starting Bass or Anderson at PF? Are we going to continue to keep Gortat at 5 mil a year to play 13 minutes a game, when he could start for most teams? And what about Vince? The guy is another year older, is not a go to scorer, and disappears during playoff time. This is his last guaranteed year of his contract. Are the magic just going to keep him, wait for his salary to come off the books and be over the cap? Or we going to use his salary and trade Vince this off season or by the trade deadline.

Lots of questions...we will just have to see how this places out.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by iconoftheyear10:

im very dissapointed we didnt get boozer, i hope we get somewhat of a better PF.

too bad shard isn't our problem at pf

lol, shard is exactly one of the problems we had this year in the playoffs. Vince is the other. Those two plus the refs and howard not controlling himself is the reason we lost the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Hopefully they go after Korver/Allen before Redick, even if "sources" seem to indicate otherwise.

Yeah and their $ would be tied up for a week if they offer JJ a contract.

they have 14M+ to fill out their roster and their starting sg is the only key position left to fill

other teams w/cap that can go at JJ:

NJ - C Lee/CDR - unlikely

NY - starting guard needed (big threat)

Miami - Wade/back up needed (big threat)

Mini - starting G needed (jj goes 2 tundra - no)

okc - thabo/harden - unlikely

clips - gorden/back up needed (maybe but doubt)

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:

quote:

im very dissapointed we didnt get boozer, i hope we get somewhat of a better PF.

lol, shard is exactly one of the problems we had this year in the playoffs. Vince is the other. Those two plus the refs and howard not controlling himself is the reason we lost the playoffs.

how was he a problem?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

how was he a problem?

because shard doesn't pull down the necessary 10 boards a game for a pf just like jameer is a problem at pg because he doesn't have the necessary 10 assists per game.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

how was he a problem?

because shard doesn't pull down the necessary 10 boards a game for a pf just like jameer is a problem at pg because he doesn't have the necessary 10 assists per game.

thank you!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

I have a bad feeling we lose JJ to Chicago... They need a shooter real bad and they would offer JJ a starters role since they traded Hinrich. A line up of Rose/JJ/Deng/Boozer/Noah - that's a pretty good team. JJ wants to win - he gets that + its in a major city, and they can offer him a nice chunk a change. not looking good - hopefully he loves the organization and has a loyal streak in him

They can offer him whatever they want, it still isn't up to JJ, it's up to Otis to match or let him go.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

how was he a problem?

thank you!!!

thank you? i was disagreeing with you. you still have yet to explain how shard is the problem at pf. but, you're welcome i guess