Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

Does Vince deserve another chance?

Thuglife, he isn't a "scapegoat", at least in my view of the playoffs. As we got further through the season, I could see that the Vince Carter I had hoped for last offseason was not the one going into the playoffs. He showed what he was capable of in flashes, but not consistently. I don't know if it was because he didn't have the talent that Orlando fans were expecting from him or if it was because he simply lacked the effort on the court. IMO, half the time he looked like he was trying not to get hurt out there. He just seemed much too laid back for my concern. He didn't perform like we thought he would in the playoffs, was benched while JJ Redick of all people took his minutes and now here we are in the offseason...knocked out in the ECF.

I think we could have gotten further if we put our money in the hands of someone other than VC (but I was ecstatic when he first arrived). It was a huge let down after reaching the Finals a year before. VC, as well as the whole organization should take the blame, I just think VC has a little more weight on his shoulders.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

Thuglife, he isn't a "scapegoat", at least in my view of the playoffs. As we got further through the season, I could see that the Vince Carter I had hoped for last offseason was not the one going into the playoffs. He showed what he was capable of in flashes, but not consistently. I don't know if it was because he didn't have the talent that Orlando fans were expecting from him or if it was because he simply lacked the effort on the court. IMO, half the time he looked like he was trying not to get hurt out there. He just seemed much too laid back for my concern. He didn't perform like we thought he would in the playoffs, was benched while JJ Redick of all people took his minutes and now here we are in the offseason...knocked out in the ECF.

I think we could have gotten further if we put our money in the hands of someone other than VC (but I was ecstatic when he first arrived). It was a huge let down after reaching the Finals a year before. VC, as well as the whole organization should take the blame, I just think VC has a little more weight on his shoulders.

not to keep this going but didnt all the magic players each have games in ecf that they didnt show up. and 1 game can make the difference. game 1 for example.