Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

Does Vince deserve another chance?

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Why this again. No. No no no no no no no. Nooooooooooooooo!!

how often does a player, come to a new team and they win the ship. on the first time around. kg to the celts, is probably about it. i keep forgetting that all the spoiled fans, need a person to blame because we lost.

You know what, I'd give you that if Vince was at least able to shoot above 40% and play somewhat tolerable defense.

Oh, and Detroit also did it in 2004 (with Rip Hamilton), the Bulls with Rodman, the Lakers with Magic Johnson, the Heat with Jason Williams (lol), and so on

quote:
Originally posted by SHOWTIME:

quote:
I'm just saying maybe Vince deserves another shot.

You don't get a second chance if all you ever wanted was a championship and you score 3 points and 7 points in the playoffs. Come on now. You are forgetting the pain we endured a few weeks ago.

Dwight scored 5pts and only had 7 rebounds icon_biggrin.gif

But he had 9 blocks, played amazing defense and was in foul trouble so I understand. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:

quote:

You don't get a second chance if all you ever wanted was a championship and you score 3 points and 7 points in the playoffs. Come on now. You are forgetting the pain we endured a few weeks ago.

But he had 9 blocks, played amazing defense and was in foul trouble so I understand. icon_smile.gif

What was Howard's stats the following game? Now compare with VC.

Doesn't really matter if he deserves it. If we don't get anyone better, he'll get another chance, because we won't have a choice. If he's the best we got, we gotta cross our fingers and hope he plays as well as he can.

Otis better have a backup plan for next year though. Vince is getting old, plus he gets hurt a lot. We don't want a situation where he goes down in April and we're screwed.

Well its rare for someone to get added and win a ship.

but VC was put in a good situation and had his chance.

In the NBA, one season chance is kinda intense so I think he kinda sorta kind lil bit deserves another chance.

well not really. but he'll prolly get one last chance and we'll see what happens.

not saying he really had full oppurtunity for his chance...dont hate me...jus I dont think he was used properly on only pick n rolls. I Would like to see more him penetrating 1v1, and post ups. I'll stop now.

so he doesnt really deserve another one, but he's gonna prolly get one. and we'll see what happens.

If we are unable to trade him then yes, start him, but bench him when he starts taking terrible shots or bone head turnovers. We ordered the VC that goes to the hole strong and slams or gets to the line, and we received the VC that takes off balance fade away shots with a hand in his face... that is when he's not wincing.

VC is much better on a team with no other scorers!

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

If we are unable to trade him then yes, start him, but bench him when he starts taking terrible shots or bone head turnovers. We ordered the VC that goes to the hole strong and slams or gets to the line, and we received the VC that takes off balance fade away shots with a hand in his face... that is when he's not wincing.

VC is much better on a team with no other scorers!

if you were expecting vinsanity all season then you are delusional.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:

quote:

What was Howard's stats the following game? Now compare with VC.

How were howard's stats for the first half of the season? I know he did really well in fouls which is why he spent so much time on the bench. The only player on this team that I would say is better than vince is Dwight and that's only because vince is a step slower than he used to be but other than that...no one on this team can touch his skills. Ask dwight, you see him on the sidelines chanting "VINSANITY".

if he was younger....yes

but he is much older and becoming less productive and more of a liability on the court. vince isn't going to come back next season and put up 20+ ppg a game.

plus he's out of shape and has poor work ethic.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

What was Howard's stats the following game? Now compare with VC. How were howard's stats for the first half of the season? I know he did really well in fouls which is why he spent so much time on the bench. The only player on this team that I would say is better than vince is Dwight and that's only because vince is a step slower than he used to be but other than that...no one on this team can touch his skills. Ask dwight, you see him on the sidelines chanting "VINSANITY".

He's up chanting because he's a big kid and supports his teammates. I don't see why you have to undermine Dwight just to defend Vince. Dwight is a top 10 talent in the league. Don't forget there are two sides to the court and he is capable of dominating both.