Sign in to follow this  
mont

name 4 better 2 guards than vince carter right now.

He didn't even have that good of a regular season.

16.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, 42% shooting, 36% from three. Those are not the numbers of an elite two guard. He's washed up, he's not a player capable of taking the game over on a nightly basis. He's only capable of doing it once in a while, and he's going to get worse before he gets better. I think anyone who isn't a member of the Vince Carter fanclub realizes that.

quote:
vince may have had a bad series, but in the regular season he made so many guards look bad, trying to guard him. i wish it was a way to show he fared against other guards.

I'm pretty sure his regular season and post season stats show how he fared against other guards...

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

16.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, 42% shooting, 36% from three. Those are not the numbers of an elite two guard. He's washed up, he's not a player capable of taking the game over on a nightly basis. He's only capable of doing it once in a while, and he's going to get worse before he gets better. I think anyone who isn't a member of the Vince Carter fanclub realizes that.

those numbers wouldnt possibly have anything to do with having a dislocated shoulder and hurt ankles and knees, for part of the season would they?

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

JJ Redick.

i love jj. but cmon bro. seriously. there is a reason why jj didnt start...... he plays good against certain teams, but against teams like atlanta, he would get destroyed. there is no one player that can lock vince down. ron artest found that out this year.

Its not who starts it's who finishes.

I seriously believe that based upon the postseason, JJ showed more heart and hustle, and contributed more to the team that Vince, especially in the Boston series.

jj plays well against boston. looked lost against atlanta. i still like jj. great bench player. not a starter. thats why he didnt

quote:

quote:

those numbers wouldnt possibly have anything to do with having a dislocated shoulder and hurt ankles and knees, for part of the season would they?

Kobe played through how many injuries this year? The excuses are lame, VC didn't meet expectations and is no longer a star player.

He pretty much played like a shorter Hedo without the assists. A lot of annoying ill-advised shots, lazy play on both ends of the floor a lot, and didn't show up on a nightly basis.

Don't get me wrong. He's not a horrible player, but he's not the player he was, and not the player we need to win a ring.

Seriously, how do you even argue that Wade/Roy/Kobe/Manu aren't better 2guards? Hell, Monta Ellis is technically a 2 guard, so that's five. Jason Richarson and Joe Johnson also had better numbers. That's seven. If you also want to consider Tyreke Evans a 2 guard, that's eight.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kobe played through how many injuries this year? The excuses are lame, VC didn't meet expectations and is no longer a star player.

He pretty much played like a shorter Hedo without the assists. A lot of annoying ill-advised shots, lazy play on both ends of the floor a lot, and didn't show up on a nightly basis.

Don't get me wrong. He's not a horrible player, but he's not the player he was, and not the player we need to win a ring.

didnt vince play through the injuries too???? but the whole world gives kobe a pass when he plays bad. oh his toe is hurt. oh his finger is hurt. oh he didnt get none last night. against la this year, who made sure that we wouldnt lose that game. let me see>>>>>>> oh vince carter

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Seriously, how do you even argue that Wade/Roy/Kobe/Manu aren't better 2guards? Hell, Monta Ellis is technically a 2 guard, so that's five. Jason Richarson and Joe Johnson also had better numbers. That's seven. If you also want to consider Tyreke Evans a 2 guard, that's eight.

Does Iggy play SF or SG? If it's the two, he's better than Vince now.

Vince is closer to John Salmons than he is to Wade and Kobe.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didnt vince play through the injuries too???? but the whole world gives kobe a pass when he plays bad. oh his toe is hurt. oh his finger is hurt. oh he didnt get none last night. against la this year, who made sure that we wouldnt lose that game. let me see>>>>>>> oh vince carter

Are you serious? Kobe played through injuries and put up 27/5. VC played through injuries and put up 16/3. Kobe has five rings while VC never has played in the Finals.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Allen, Evans, Iggy, Ginobili

allen is a shooter. thats all iggy are you insane? vince would kill him. ginobili they are what what.

Ray Allen is a much better scorer and a MUCH better defender than Vince Carter. If I needed one of the two to hit a last second shot with my life on the line, I would take Ray Allen every time and twice on Sunday.

If we are comparing careers, then I would take Vince over Iguodala. However, that isn't what you asked. You asked who was better right now. Why in the hell would anyone with half a brain choose Vince over a 27 year old Iguodala who is incredibly athletic, a very good defender, and a much better scoring option?

Kobe, Wade, Roy, Allen, Ginobili are easily better than Carter. If you want to include small forwards (since Carter has spent significant time at that position) the list doubles.

Shoot, I can think of several roleplayers who aren't better individual players than Carter, but who would be much better additions than Carter. Affalo and Battier immediately come to mind.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Does Iggy play SF or SG? If it's the two, he's better than Vince now.

Vince is closer to John Salmons than he is to Wade and Kobe.

Both... he plays like a point forward and guards the team's best wing... the Sixers don't really have an SG though, so technically he's an SF (as they played Lou Williams and Allen Iverson at the 2 spot). I think they would move Iggy to the 2 spot when Carney played.

But yeah, he's pretty much a guard. Hell, LeBron is only an SF defensively and really a point guard offensively.

wow tl;dr yes he's a guard

Oh, and the John Salmons comparison is spot on. I can't believe I didn't mention Iggy, especially since I've been on his nuts for the past few weeks.