A BETTER DJ

Otis has been awesome!

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:

the good things otis has done for this team is drowned out by the dumb and bad things he's done for this team, imo.

if only weisbrod stayed as gm

You are a massive KUNT

lmao what is wrong with this guy?

what's wrong with you? you are the only person that wants hockey GM back, the same idiot who traded T-mac for basically a sac of nuts. get lost.

all you otis haters can grumble all you want. the facts are clear, we have made it to the Finals and ECF in back to back years. Our personnel has been a huge reason for that happening.

He snagged two coveted role players the last two years for the MLE in Bass and Pietrus. He pulled off a much needed trade for Rafer Alston last year when Jameer went down, whom we essentially got for cook. We got two contributing role players in JWill and Barnes last offseason for close to nothing.

People got on him about drafting JJ, but look how he's improved. Gortat was a late second round pick and is now a coveted center in the league.

And for you guys that have no clue. VC's expiring contract actually has a quite a bit of trade value.

No GM's are perfect, there are tons of teams that would love to be in the Magic's position. we were ranked the 2nd best sports franchise for 09-10... FIRST in bang for the buck.....

those of you hating are nothing but that. haters.

quote:
Originally posted by ticks:

No. They wouldn't have. Nobody else had the money and Seattle had no intention of bringing him back. Seattle actually facilitated a trade so Otis could give Lewis more money and an extra year.

Houston had the money to give him a max contract and were prepared to. Actually. He met with them before us.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:

the good things otis has done for this team is drowned out by the dumb and bad things he's done for this team, imo.

if only weisbrod stayed as gm

You are a massive KUNT

lmao what is wrong with this guy?

what's wrong with you? you are the only person that wants hockey GM back, the same idiot who traded T-mac for basically a sac of nuts. get lost.

he cleaned house and started over.

t-mac didn't want to play with dwight. he wanted to play with emeka okafor because he wanted someone with experience. all the sports analysts were saying the magic should've went with emeka over dwight. imagine if weisbrod listened to mcgrady and all those analysts?

dwight would've been on the **** bobcats.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

How can people still not see Vince was the safest move Otis could make? Hedo was gone, and Otis was not going to pay him $50 million for 5 years. He would be 36 at the end of his contract and he wasn't even worth that price in his "prime". Vince on the other hand was a similar player who could fill the void. We only had to lose Courtney(Who will never be an all-star, just a decent role player) for Vince and his short contract. Otis has done excellent things to build this team. Not only has this team won 59 games in back to back years but they've made it deep into the playoffs both times. Now, with the biggest free agency period since 2003, the salary strapped Magic are still in contention with a few names. Which is amazing. Otis has done all the right moves (Mixed with some bad) but you cannot complain about the results. The team is ever improving and could be the team to beat going into next season with a few moves.

I commend Otis for the job he's done and cannot for the life of me understand the dumb Vince/Hedo argument.

If he didn't get Carter..

Nelson/Alston/Johnson

Lee/Redick

Barnes/Pietrus

Lewis/Bass

Howard/Battie/Gortat/Foyle

or

Jameer/Williams/Johnson

Vince/JJ

Barnes/Pietrus

Lewis/Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat/Foyle

obviously the second roster is better and more balanced with more assets.

He's a great GM.

I think that we don't win 59 games or make it to the ECF without Vince Carter. He was the 2nd best scorer on the team and he played some good basketball in the Hawks playoff series. Courtney Lee is a good player but even a worn out Vince Carter is still better.

some of you are freaken idiots and acting like we werent the best team in the league up until our ECF knockout. In which we met a better Boston team, which would have just as easily beat our 09 magic team....

I understand it but I dont know why SO MANY posters on here think we jus barely slid in the playoffs and got knocked out first round or w.e.

you cant deny you werent ecstatic about our team's play since break. Mayb if that team woulda showed up we culda had a better series.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

all you otis haters can grumble all you want. the facts are clear, we have made it to the Finals and ECF in back to back years. Our personnel has been a huge reason for that happening.

He snagged two coveted role players the last two years for the MLE in Bass and Pietrus. He pulled off a much needed trade for Rafer Alston last year when Jameer went down, whom we essentially got for cook. We got two contributing role players in JWill and Barnes last offseason for close to nothing.

People got on him about drafting JJ, but look how he's improved. Gortat was a late second round pick and is now a coveted center in the league.

And for you guys that have no clue. VC's expiring contract actually has a quite a bit of trade value.

No GM's are perfect, there are tons of teams that would love to be in the Magic's position. we were ranked the 2nd best sports franchise for 09-10... FIRST in bang for the buck.....

those of you hating are nothing but that. haters.

Can't put it much better than this. There's about 26-27 NBA teams and 26-27 team fan bases who wishes they were in our position right now. Even Cleveland hasn't done as well as us each of the last two seasons. Sometimes I think Magic Nation is becoming a bunch of spoiled babies.

Let's not forget the most important move of all: Resigning Dwight to a five-year contract. We're not having to worry about losing our franchise player this offseason, unlike Cleveland, Miami, Toronto, Atlanta, Dallas (sort of), Utah, or even New Orleans.

I think the last semi-mistake Otis made was signing Rashard for the max.. as in 118 million total. However if he would of signed for 70-75 million as was first reported, no one would of had a problem with that. SVG has been good and bad for him... good in that he has him playing better defense than he EVER played in Seattle, bad in that he's pigeonholed him into being a three point shooter when he's been capable of far more than that. He can shoot the three, post up, and drive the ball a little. Hopefully the Magic FINALLY put him at SF where he belongs this next season, and hopefully it's not too late... hopefully he's still got the legs to show the total offensive package that made him a top 20-30 player in this league in his days in Seattle.

In general I just think Otis and Ownership mostly deserve our praise, not our constant nitpicking.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by ticks:

No. They wouldn't have. Nobody else had the money and Seattle had no intention of bringing him back. Seattle actually facilitated a trade so Otis could give Lewis more money and an extra year.

Houston had the money to give him a max contract and were prepared to. Actually. He met with them before us.

Houston didn't have the money either. The only way they could've given him anything close to a max contract was via a S&T.

This is all rather irrelevant though. He wasn't a max contract player or anything close to it. If someone else is willing to give him a max contract, then let them.

There is an economic cost incurred whenever you spend money. In this case, the cost was 120 million dollars or whatever else the Magic might have spent it on. It is difficult to imagine that the Magic would've gotten a poorer return on that 120 million dollars than what they have gotten from Rashard. It was a dreadful piece of business.

I certainly don't blame Rashard for signing the contract.

This certainly isn't the only criticism I have of Otis. I remember Otis from his playing days in Orlando and I wouldn't otherwise mind the fact that he is very poor at his job. The problem is that I want to see the Magic win a title and he is counterproductive towards that goal.

Actually I hope we keep Vince Carter. I really like Chris Paul and would love to have him here in Orlando. But I would like to see if Vince Carter can comeback better this season. He should have something to prove for as his absence in the Bobcat and Celtic series. I just hope Otis go after Carlos Boozer to play the 4 for us. Just to have this starting 5 would be huge advantage over teams:

Nelson,Carter,Lewis,Boozer,Howard

WE NEED BOOZER. A more traditional lineup. Howard will have help on the boards with Boozer there. Get it done Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Actually I hope we keep Vince Carter. I really like Chris Paul and would love to have him here in Orlando. But I would like to see if Vince Carter can comeback better this season. He should have something to prove for as his absence in the Bobcat and Celtic series. I just hope Otis go after Carlos Boozer to play the 4 for us. Just to have this starting 5 would be huge advantage over teams:

Nelson,Carter,Lewis,Boozer,Howard

WE NEED BOOZER. A more traditional lineup. Howard will have help on the boards with Boozer there. Get it done Otis.

i disagree with the "we NEED a traditional pf to win" rhetoric.

Rebounding wasn't the reason we lost against the celtics

game-rebound margin-score

1- +7 - L 88-92

2- -2 - L 92-95

3- -7 - L 71-94

4- -4 - W 96-92

5- +17 -W 113-92

6- -10 -L 84-96

We were 5th in the league in total rebounds last year and 1st in defensive rebounds.

Once again, all we need is somebody to take over in crunch time.

How dare you start a positive thread on here????? All the haters have to turn it into a VC bashing party. I think the Pistons have plenty of room on their boards for you fools.