Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Boozer or Bosh?

Boozer can't play defense. That may result in Dwight fouling out a lot, trying to cover for Boozer's lack of lateral quickness. We won't have as good of a backup C as we do in Gortat if we get either, because Gortat will be dealt in order to get them. Bosh is a much more capable defender, slightly better FT shooter, and doesn't have to rely on his post game to score. I'd take Bosh easily.

However it looks like Boozer is more of an option at this point. Unless we take turkoglu's awful contract with Bosh in a S-N-T, which Otis hopefully wouldn't agree too (right?). Either way, I'm content. It gives us a great four, who will allow us to play a traditional lineup, move shard back to the three, and might not require giving up carter's expiring which we can use near the deadline if he underperforms like he did this past season.

Obviously Bosh is the better player, but its not realistic. Boozer would be great here. If we have two Dookies maybe they'll curse-cancel each other out.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

When has Boozer faded away in the playoffs? I assume you're referring to the series against LA, then? I'll take fading to the tune of 16/13 against a Bynum/Gasol frontline.

Well it might be just be a coincidence as to why he's struggled in the playoffs(I think the Jazz played the Lakers the last 3 years in the playoffs), but yeah I frequently remember him not coming through in big moments of the game. Doesn't make much sense to me to shift our PF who struggles against the bigger line ups to another who has the same struggle.

Maybe it's just me but if we are going to shift our play style to a traditional PF I want one who can play on the low block effectively,be able to stretch out for a jumpshot and be an intimidating force of defense. Boozer is a better rebounder than Shard no question, but they are both primarily jump shooters.