Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

VC reborn

I apologize to you as I see you are a die hard vince fan. I too was a big vince fan when he was doing something, like in the regular season he showed he can still score..not consistently but he could still put up some numbers. Vince is just not that exciting player any more. I mean did you see his dunks this year, he barely gets up to the basket any more, his knees are done. It happens, everyone gets old. Vince used to be the human highlight reel when he played with tracy in toronto. He gave us one of the best dunk contest performances ever with the 360 windmill. Collectively the Magic should have performed better, however when you are brought in to assist in the playoffs which Vince has not made it that far in previous years, you should give a better performance than you did..earn your millions. He didn't even try at times. If you know you are about to retire give it your all, have people remember you for not giving up. Hell even Jordan chased down the ball after getting blocked on the wizards and came back down the court and snatched it two hands on Mercer at his old age. Basically Vince great player, he gave us highlights in his earlier years for years to come, it's just his time to retire.

quote:
Originally posted by What's wrong:

I apologize to you as I see you are a die hard vince fan. I too was a big vince fan when he was doing something, like in the regular season he showed he can still score..not consistently but he could still put up some numbers. Vince is just not that exciting player any more. I mean did you see his dunks this year, he barely gets up to the basket any more, his knees are done. It happens, everyone gets old. Vince used to be the human highlight reel when he played with tracy in toronto. He gave us one of the best dunk contest performances ever with the 360 windmill. Collectively the Magic should have performed better, however when you are brought in to assist in the playoffs which Vince has not made it that far in previous years, you should give a better performance than you did..earn your millions. He didn't even try at times. If you know you are about to retire give it your all, have people remember you for not giving up. Hell even Jordan chased down the ball after getting blocked on the wizards and came back down the court and snatched it two hands on Mercer at his old age. Basically Vince great player, he gave us highlights in his earlier years for years to come, it's just his time to retire.

Like I said, kids know nothing about loyalty. I think Vince played well in the first round and the second. Cats did very well on Vince and dwight howard in the first round. If you actually watched all the games you would notice that howard was not a factor in the first round seeing that he was on the bench with foul trouble throughout the entire series, but no one blamed him for that. I don't think vince was used properly in the celtic series. Stan wanted meer and howard to have the ball constantly and it didn't work. No one played well in that series and because of that, they deserved to lose. You think vince is boring? I still see him doing things on the court that no one else on this team can do. He can still score 20+ anytime and you say he should retire???

He is old. I could see him playing at the same level next year with perhaps more consistency. More consistency would mean a better season overall, which would be an improvement and enough of an impact to push us over the edge. Than again, maybe his inconsistency was due to age and not due to the new system? In that case we'd get the same inconsistency but with lower peaks and deeper valleys. That sort of season would fit in as a 3rd option but not as the 2nd or 1st.

quote:
Originally posted by StayBrutal:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

buttermilkpancakes can never keep my name out of his mouth. kid is infatuated with me.

Thank you everybody for messing with my post!!

and it looks like I just made a new fan

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

Like I said, kids know nothing about loyalty. I think Vince played well in the first round and the second. Cats did very well on Vince and dwight howard in the first round. If you actually watched all the games you would notice that howard was not a factor in the first round seeing that he was on the bench with foul trouble throughout the entire series, but no one blamed him for that. I don't think vince was used properly in the celtic series. Stan wanted meer and howard to have the ball constantly and it didn't work. No one played well in that series and because of that, they deserved to lose. You think vince is boring? I still see him doing things on the court that no one else on this team can do. He can still score 20+ anytime and you say he should retire???

Lol, Vince himself doesn't know anything about loyalty... or are you forgetting what happened with the Raptors?

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

I think Vince already knows what a lot of people think about him.....

I just don't think he cares.

He was very out of shape this season. Plus he has poor work ethic and is known to be heartless.

out of shape........ heartless..... i guess your reputation can never leave you. he stepped up to players many times, he hit big shots, he kept dwights head in the game. i guess you guys will never let this go. if you get your rocks off by blaming vince ,then go ahead, he will still get his paycheck and if he stays with the magic, i guess yall will have to learn to love it.

regular season and play offs are 2 different things.

after the all star break is when vince finally found chemistry with the team and started distributing the ball more.

playoffs come and he's right back to being mr. january.

and yes he was pretty out of shape. the man packed on some lbs and it wasn't lbs of muscle.

and i don't blame vince entirely like everyone else does. I'm not blind. I put most of the blame on stan.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

Lol, Vince himself doesn't know anything about loyalty... or are you forgetting what happened with the Raptors?

how old was vince when that happened with the raptors??? cmon pancakes. let that go. the guy had a bad series. ok maybe he will do better next year. didnt kobe have a rough time against boston too? yall guys are relentless. there were plenty of factors for the losses. some were vinces fault some were not.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

how old was vince when that happened with the raptors??? cmon pancakes. let that go. the guy had a bad series. ok maybe he will do better next year. didnt kobe have a rough time against boston too? yall guys are relentless. there were plenty of factors for the losses. some were vinces fault some were not.

What does Kobe have to do with any of this???

I was just merely commenting on the irony that is VcDaCarter ranting ON AND ON about loyalty to a player that wasn't loyal himself.

Kobe was shot like 40% against the celtics but he was still making plays and rebounding , thats why we got Carter and he didnt do any of that.

I cant throw VC completely alone under the bus. Alot of factors led to us losing, but he is definately showing the wear and tear of years of playing. My main issue is that hes making a boatload of cash, and I have trouble with paying someone for what theyve done in the past and who they were. Every year that passes will erode his skills just that much more. He could still contribute, but not at 17+ mil

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Kobe was shot like 40% against the celtics but he was still making plays and rebounding , thats why we got Carter and he didnt do any of that.

do the magic run the triangle offense??? does vince carter constantly have the ball?? does the magic team have gasol odom and bynum?? now i know vince is no kobe bryant, but im just trying to get you guys to see that boston made kobe look basic. imagine if rashard or barnes would have been hitting their shots.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

do the magic run the triangle offense??? does vince carter constantly have the ball?? does the magic team have gasol odom and bynum?? now i know vince is no kobe bryant, but im just trying to get you guys to see that boston made kobe look basic. imagine if rashard or barnes would have been hitting their shots.

also kobe has the ultimate green light and doesnt have to worry about being in a slump. shooters go through slumps but they used to be able to keep shooting. but not vince!!!!!!!!