Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

Bill Ingram is being told Wiz deal is in works...ANOTHER QUESTION @ BOTTOM PG2

quote:
Not only is Rashard's contract jabungous, but he was also a key component to a team that got to the NBA Finals. Vince Carter, on the other hand, disappeared in the playoffs.

Say what you will about Rashard and whether he is overpaid or not, the fact is, he has been a huge factor in our recent success the past couple years. HUGE.

Vince Carter, not so much.

+1

Rashard has been huge for us the past couple years, over paid or not.....now vince...well...lol

I think a couple really simple things are going on here.

The Hornet's GM is trying to make it sound like it's impossible for us to land Paul.

Otis is trying to make it sound like if the Hornets want to throw us Collison instead of Paul, we refuse to bite and we'll send Carter's expiring contract elsewhere.

I don't believe the Hornets GM anymore than I trust what Otis is saying. I think they'll trade Paul for something less of a Kobe if it makes sense financially. I've said it a million times, Collison will do a great job of replacing Paul, and he gets paid much less.

I think something that would really speed up this process is if Chris Paul hears these rumors and tells the Hornets he wants to come here. I'm not sure why he'd want to stay there right now. Their team is not going to improve the way it is.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I dont care how much you dont like Vince Carter.

That is a huge step backwards and everyone knows it.

THronton? Henrich? Those guys to get Magic over the top? think again.

Actually, its not a step backwards. It's a lateral move, AT LEAST. VC sucks man. He needs to get like Sheed.

so after feb. i know you didnt think that vc sucked? someone has a bad series and everybody throws you under the bus. well lets see who else had bad games that series, hmmmmmmm rashard lewis, matt barnes, jameer nelson, d howard, and pietrus. ok the whole magic team had a bad series. if they had won that series you would probably be all over vince carters jock. the guy was a big part of the magics success. i guess he was running the point and missed d howard all the times he had good position too. i guess he took the players out and put the bench players in too, and didnt play bass that much either. lets blame it all on him. the say paul pierce was abusing him so they put matt barnes on him and what happened. pietrus on him and what happened. yall just cant let it go. we lost, move on.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

Actually, its not a step backwards. It's a lateral move, AT LEAST. VC sucks man. He needs to get like Sheed.

so after feb. i know you didnt think that vc sucked? someone has a bad series and everybody throws you under the bus. well lets see who else had bad games that series, hmmmmmmm rashard lewis, matt barnes, jameer nelson, d howard, and pietrus. ok the whole magic team had a bad series. if they had won that series you would probably be all over vince carters jock. the guy was a big part of the magics success. i guess he was running the point and missed d howard all the times he had good position too. i guess he took the players out and put the bench players in too, and didnt play bass that much either. lets blame it all on him. the say paul pierce was abusing him so they put matt barnes on him and what happened. pietrus on him and what happened. yall just cant let it go. we lost, move on.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/vince_carter/index.html

Look at the breakdown by series. He only had one good series. He's more of a liability than an asset. And at $17 million that's unacceptable for a team trying to win a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Engel:

quote:
Not only is Rashard's contract jabungous, but he was also a key component to a team that got to the NBA Finals. Vince Carter, on the other hand, disappeared in the playoffs.

Say what you will about Rashard and whether he is overpaid or not, the fact is, he has been a huge factor in our recent success the past couple years. HUGE.

+1

Rashard has been huge for us the past couple years, over paid or not.....now vince...well...lol

vince played 1 year. i cant believe that we are comparing rashard lewis to vince carter. if it wasnt for vince finding rashard in the corner for those three's, he wouldnt have done anything this year. he needs other people to set him up. vince carter and d howard carried the magic after feb. what did shard do????? he is a decent player, but what other player, than d howard requires a double team. lets seeee no one.

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

vince played 1 year. i cant believe that we are comparing rashard lewis to vince carter. if it wasnt for vince finding rashard in the corner for those three's, he wouldnt have done anything this year. he needs other people to set him up. vince carter and d howard carried the magic after feb. what did shard do????? he is a decent player, but what other player, than d howard requires a double team. lets seeee no one.

Rashard and Dwight carried us to the finals last year. Vince carried us into the offseason in the playoffs this year, never having one big game out of 14 games. Go with vince when he leaves please.

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Look at the breakdown by series. He only had one good series. He's more of a liability than an asset. And at $17 million that's unacceptable for a team trying to win a championship.

you dont have to shoot well in order to contribute. if you get double teamed then that opens things for others. lets see he was being guarded by stephen jackson and he still hit some big shots that helped the magic sweep charlotte. his shot was off so he drove to the cup, and if he would have gotten the calls that he should have gotten then things would have been different. against la this year, vince took ron artest to the cup almost every possesion and in that one game he actually got the calls he deserves. check the video of that game.

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

vince played 1 year. i cant believe that we are comparing rashard lewis to vince carter. if it wasnt for jameer finding rashard in the corner for those three's, he wouldnt have done anything this year. he needs other people to set him up. vince carter and d howard carried the magic after feb. what did shard do????? he is a decent player, but what other player, than d howard requires a double team. lets seeee no one.

fixed

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:

quote:

quote:

you dont have to shoot well in order to contribute. if you get double teamed then that opens things for others. lets see he was being guarded by stephen jackson and he still hit some big shots that helped the magic sweep charlotte. his shot was off so he drove to the cup, and if he would have gotten the calls that he should have gotten then things would have been different. against la this year, vince took ron artest to the cup almost every possesion and in that one game he actually got the calls he deserves. check the video of that game.

Did you not see how badly Paul Pierce outplayed Vince and absolutely torched him? His defense is atrocious and he can't hit a wide open shot to save his life when it mattered. Stop referring regular season games.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

Rashard and Dwight carried us to the finals last year. Vince carried us into the offseason in the playoffs this year, never having one big game out of 14 games. Go with vince when he leaves please.

so getting to the finals is what everybody wants?????? i thought it was getting a championship. maybe you can get otis to build a finals team. not a championship team, and then you can brag and say weeeeeeeee went to the finals hip hop horrayyyyyyyyy we went to the finals. big deal. do you thing the celts are happy right now. are they saying at least we got there. well did shard help the magic win the ring??????? well if not, whats the difference in the loss? oh it was the finals i forgot. what a laugh

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I think the term "role player" is used too much. Ryan was a role player. JJ is a role player.

A guy like Hinrich would contribute much more and play more than 20 minutes a game. He can play the 1 and 2, be a playmaker, hit the 3 and has a decent mid range game. He is also a great defender on the wing. Just because he isn't an All-Star, doesn't automatically make him just another bench player. He could easily become a great sixth man, something that we've lacked for far too long.

+1

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

so getting to the finals is what everybody wants?????? i thought it was getting a championship. maybe you can get otis to build a finals team. not a championship team, and then you can brag and say weeeeeeeee went to the finals hip hop horrayyyyyyyyy we went to the finals. big deal. do you thing the celts are happy right now. are they saying at least we got there. well did shard help the magic win the ring??????? well if not, whats the difference in the loss? oh it was the finals i forgot. what a laugh

What I'm explaining is the fact that Shard actually got us to the finals, Vince on the other hand got us eliminated in the ECF. Never having a big game in all 14 games. Shard has proven he can step up in big situations. Vince hasn't. Thank you for proving my point further though.