Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Another person that Barnes has learned to trust and listen to is Dwight Howard. When asked about the recent report that Howard has provided Otis Smith with a short list of players he would like the Magic to pursue, Barnes all but confirmed that Orlando's big man wants changes to take place this summer.

"Dwight and I have talked a lot," he said. "This is his team. Management loves the team but Dwight is the marquee player, one of the best players in the world, and ultimately, his decision matters. We have definitely discussed all [personnel] possibilities. I'll keep what we discussed between me and him but like I said, this is his team. How I signed last year was he called me one day and asked if I wanted to be [in Orlando]. Six hours later, I had a contract so I know Dwight's word travels and carries a lot of weight. If Dwight says something, there's a good chance it may happen."

That also applies when Howard is asking that the team re-sign a certain role player and friend.

"He already told Otis he wanted me back, that was one of things he said he did," said Barnes. "He definitely told Otis he wanted me back and needed me there next year so it doesn't hurt to have Superman on your side. That's always a positive thing."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Stor...=16665#ixzz0sR0JlA5q

Matt Barnes Hoopsworld interview

I don't think it coincidence that were hearing about getting Chris Paul, and sign and trading for a star PF.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Nelson/Foye or Blake/Dooling

Carter/Redick

Barnes/Pietrus

Lewis/Bass/Anderson

Howard/Gortat/Orton

Book it.

I am also thinking this is what the 2010-2011 Orlando Magic team will look like. The only way that might change is if we can land a big name player (Stoudemire, Boozer or Paul)... other than that I expect minor changes as Otis said after the Playoffs.

You know, you have to think that with that TPE some team looking to make a last minute push at a big time FA would trade away a guy who has fallen out of favor without taking any salary back.