Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

U guy's r stressen way to much, with the team we have we can count on being champs, southeast champs for years to cum, we still get banners, n technically were champs!

lol

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

quote:
Originally posted by sportsfanatic:

and they have a solid defensive minded new coach to top it off..ughhh

lol it has not happened yet just remind yourselves of that

ha...true...can you tell i'm getting close to 'chicken little' status though?

quote:

quote:

quote:

oh yes cuz i was their earlyer today thank god for two for ones!

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

Some of these posts make me laugh because it is like three years ago all over again when people said that the Celtics wouldn't be good enough to win with three superstars and a bunch of castoffs. Guess what, they not only won but they kicked our butts. That was a squad made up of guys mostly past their primes. If Wade, Bosh, Noah, and Rose team up we are in deep trouble. That is a young nucleus of all stars and future all stars and they are going to be the team to beat in the east. Take off the blue goggles folks. If Wade and Bosh sign on then we need a Chris Paul type of deal to keep up.

I agree with you but getting Cp3 is not going to happen.....Getting anybody might not happen cause Otis wants to "Wait and See" and sit on his azz while other teams are making moves and players are dropping like flies....my fear is by the time Otis wants to wake up and make a move nobody is going to be left and what we have is the same team with better backup players...I like Otis but at this point playing the Pokerface game will probably cost us IMO

Otis has yet to prove me wrong. The Vince Carter looked AMAZING when it happened - who was supposed to know he would flop so badly? I have NO DOUBTS in my mind he has something up his sleeve. If he doesn't pull the trigger, it means we wouldn't get better by doing it. Remember, this team has been one game off back-to-back 60 win seasons. We have 4 All-Stars in our starting line-up (fine - a couple aren't playing up to par), but nonetheless, we have a GREAT team that if Carter had shown up, would have been in the NBA Finals.

I'm not jumping ship this quickly on Otis. He has a gameplan. He always does.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hahha...amen to that..thanks for talking me off the ledge

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Some of these posts make me laugh because it is like three years ago all over again when people said that the Celtics wouldn't be good enough to win with three superstars and a bunch of castoffs. Guess what, they not only won but they kicked our butts. That was a squad made up of guys mostly past their primes. If Wade, Bosh, Noah, and Rose team up we are in deep trouble. That is a young nucleus of all stars and future all stars and they are going to be the team to beat in the east. Take off the blue goggles folks. If Wade and Bosh sign on then we need a Chris Paul type of deal to keep up.

nah, the deals arent really comparable. Pierce Allen and Garnett all fit together well. It took good (defensive) coaching, an established core of good draft picks (perkins, rondo, and to a much lesser extent tony allen), and two "last hurrah" guys ( cassell and brown) to make that championship happen. It took those guys to be past their prime for it to all work out well.

Lebron and Wade are both "Pierce" type guys. Bosh does not even compare to Garnett.

The possibility is there, but to say its the same situation shows an improper respect for the complexities of the '08 celtics and how hard it actually is to build a team that fits together.

Lebron, D. Wade & Bosh are all Magic killers..lol..Don't lie to yourself..lol.

gary payton, karl malone, Kobe, Shaq

Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain x3

the 82-83 lakers

those combinations of players didn't win it all.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm getting there too, sorry everybody. I do think it is becoming clear that the top guys want to find a way to get together somewhere which makes me a little nervous. The only thing good about Wade and Bosh teaming up in Chicago is that Lebron would be left out in the cold. That would be very funny indeed.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hahha...amen to that..thanks for talking me off the ledge

just repay the favor when i am ready to jump

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

U guy's r stressen way to much, with the team we have we can count on being champs, southeast champs for years to cum, we still get banners, n technically were champs!

I lol'd HARD at this!

quote:

quote:

quote:

nah, the deals arent really comparable. Pierce Allen and Garnett all fit together well. It took good (defensive) coaching, an established core of good draft picks (perkins, rondo, and to a much lesser extent tony allen), and two "last hurrah" guys ( cassell and brown) to make that championship happen. It took those guys to be past their prime for it to all work out well.

Lebron and Wade are both "Pierce" type guys. Bosh does not even compare to Garnett.

The possibility is there, but to say its the same situation shows an improper respect for the complexities of the '08 celtics and how hard it actually is to build a team that fits together.

For arguments sake lets say it is Bosh instead of James. Rose will give Nelson all kinds of trouble on both ends. He has the size to really cause problems. Wade will eat Carter alive. Bosh and Noah are both very good players capable of putting Howard in foul trouble. Bosh is versatile enough to chase Rashard on the perimeter. Wade and Bosh are unselfish superstars and Noah and Rose have both shown they are team players at a very young age. The other deal being tossed around is Deng for Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla provides more size, fouls for Howard, and rebounding. Bayless is still a young player capable of providing a spark off the bench. I don't buy that this team can't mesh. Of course they will and they have far superior raw talent.

Lewis plays great against bosh both offensively and defensively.

Wade eats everyone alive.

We're going to be fine. Stop freaking out about talent. You make too many assumptions.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For arguments sake lets say it is Bosh instead of James. Rose will give Nelson all kinds of trouble on both ends. He has the size to really cause problems. Wade will eat Carter alive. Bosh and Noah are both very good players capable of putting Howard in foul trouble. Bosh is versatile enough to chase Rashard on the perimeter. Wade and Bosh are unselfish superstars and Noah and Rose have both shown they are team players at a very young age. The other deal being tossed around is Deng for Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla provides more size, fouls for Howard, and rebounding. Bayless is still a young player capable of providing a spark off the bench. I don't buy that this team can't mesh. Of course they will and they have far superior raw talent.

Lewis plays great against bosh both offensively and defensively.

Wade eats everyone alive.

We're going to be fine. Stop freaking out about talent. You make too many assumptions.

I agree with Lewis, we'll be fine. I still think we need a true PF to combat with Dwight in the middle but other than that we're fine.