Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

let's say we do give up both carter and nelson for paul. is lacking somebody who can post/attack at the 2/3 spot a good thing even with paul?

or would all of our problems be solved if we just had paul, howard, and a bunch of shooters?

If Rashard plays 3, his ability to post will blow away every offensive weapon we have with the exception of Howard. And that says a LOT about Howard's improvement the last 2 years.

And Ramsde, comparing Bass to West is like comparing Anderson to Lewis. Sure, there are similarities, but at the end of the day, one is an All Star, the other is fighting for minutes.

Before CP3 though West was a nobody. West got good when CP3 came in. Where as Lewis has steadily improved his game every year up till last season. not saying that Bass is as good as west. Just that the potential is there and it should be explored to see if lightning can strike twice.

West was in his third year when CP3 was drafted. He averaged 34.1 mpg in CP3's rookie year, up from 13.1 and 18.4 mpg his first two years. He also averaged 19 ppg and 7.5 rpg last year when Paul missed half the year. West is a legit 3rd option offensively, and was the 2nd option when they had that deep playoff run fall short in game 7 to the Spurs.

If Bass were to ever start on our team, he would clearly be the 5th option, however he would also put up a considerably disproportionate amount of shots. Let's not act like if we got CP3, Bass would turn into a 19/8 player. I mean hell, Bass' first team was the Hornets. You know why he didn't play much and got traded? Because West was/is significantly better.

quote:

West was in his third year when CP3 was drafted. He averaged 34.1 mpg in CP3's rookie year, up from 13.1 and 18.4 mpg his first two years. He also averaged 19 ppg and 7.5 rpg last year when Paul missed half the year. West is a legit 3rd option offensively, and was the 2nd option when they had that deep playoff run fall short in game 7 to the Spurs.

If Bass were to ever start on our team, he would clearly be the 5th option, however he would also put up a considerably disproportionate amount of shots. Let's not act like if we got CP3, Bass would turn into a 19/8 player. I mean hell, Bass' first team was the Hornets. You know why he didn't play much and got traded? Because West was/is significantly better.

You really seem to want to prove me wrong that Bass is not as good as West. Interesting seeing as I never said he was, and said that Bass had the same skill set and it would be interesting to see if that skill set could be developed like West's was.

quote:

quote:

You really seem to want to prove me wrong that Bass is not as good as West. Interesting seeing as I never said he was, and said that Bass had the same skill set and it would be interesting to see if that skill set could be developed like West's was.

I'm endlessly annoyed with how overrated Bass is on this board, and for some reason (most likely alcohol) I feel compelled to voice my opinion rather than let it slide.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm endlessly annoyed with how overrated Bass is on this board, and for some reason (most likely alcohol) I feel compelled to voice my opinion rather than let it slide.

Bass is very overrated. I wouldn't dispute that at all. He is mentally not on step defensively and that leads him to make many critical mistakes that his energy does not make up for.

But he also IS very talented. And talent should always be checked to see if it can be developed. If it worked once it is always worth trying to see if it will work again.

Personally I'd be happy with Rashard, Anderson, or Bass. I think anyone of them would see their production at PF go up with CP3. But I also really want Shard back at SF. Anderson is the safe pick, as his game lets us keep the spread 4. Bass is a bit more of a gamble but since it's a long season, certainly one worth checking if it will work.

He's coming, he's coming, he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,he's coming,

quote:
Ironically, Charles and Robin Paul were in Orlando when stories started swirling about their son Chris Paul wanting out of the New Orleans Hornets. The two have been at Disney with their AAU basketball team, CP3 All-Stars, competing in the AAU Nationals.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Head...es.asp#ixzz0ubPzfiUk

Yeah, yeah ironically... HE'S COMING!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

quote:
Ironically, Charles and Robin Paul were in Orlando when stories started swirling about their son Chris Paul wanting out of the New Orleans Hornets. The two have been at Disney with their AAU basketball team, CP3 All-Stars, competing in the AAU Nationals.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Head...es.asp#ixzz0ubPzfiUk

Yeah, yeah ironically... HE'S COMING!!!!

I think we should go find them!